Not Fair.... AT ALL no First In First Out

Green_Always

Registered Users (C)
This is really Crazy....

People are waiting form 2001 for GC and these guys have open flood

gates.. and I have been seeing approvals for 2003 / 2004 cases..

and no wonder they will approve next month cases also..

Where is the Justice?

Not sure.. how this kind of advanced country can do things like this

very happazzard with out proper process and procedures.

Not sure what they are up to..

Probally they will get more papers on illegals now..

only thing they have to outsource this process to India / China.. to

move things fast.

Dont know if we need to laugh or cry at these people procedure and

process..

Hope things will go as First In First Out which is ethical and

justification way to move things.

Hope some one from high level of USCIS looks at my message and take

necessary actions and set right there process and procedures..

no other words to explain this Irony of Life..

TKS & RGRDS.

Because you are an immigrant. They know they can throw any crap at you and you will take it. You have no recourse to justice. Do you think this sort of thing will happen with US citizens? Never. Take for example passports. The passport backlog is at a few months, so DoS relaxed the passport rules for citizens. Can you imagine such a thing happening for immigrants?

Don't forget

Green Always

I know how you feel, since a flood of new cases may slow things down in a couple of months, but remember also:

For many, labor certification's approval took more than 3 years and now, finally, they can apply for their GC after all this backlog mess.

Processing dates would not let this new applicants get their approval in less than a year, so they won't be approved first than older cases. Besides, they will all get asked for Fp's more than once, Rfe's maybe twice, and will be stuck in name cheks for months!!! So this new cases (I feel sorry for them now) will be the new faces of this forum...and they'll be stuck here for a long long time, like most.

At least they can get EAD's and AP's and maybe visit their homecountries after so many years of burdens!

So let's feel a little compassion for everyone who can now feel the bliss of applying for the beloved "adjustment of status" !

Wow, this is amazing. Looks like whatever USCIS does, people will complain.
When they retrogressed - we were complaining.
When they were moving dates slow - we were complaining.
When they were moving dates fast - we were complaining.
and now
When they took out retrogression - we are still complaining.

Processing dates would not let this new applicants get their approval in less than a year, so they won't be approved first than older cases.
I think there will be some new cases approved before the old ones, because they often operate in random order. However, once they get crushed by the mountain of applications flooding in over the next 2-3 months and see that they have far too many to be approved in a year, retrogression will kick in again and stop the newly filed cases in their tracks. Then they will wait another 2 years, like the waiting we did (and are still doing) since the big retrogression of 2005.

Wow, this is amazing. Looks like whatever USCIS does, people will complain.
Whatever USCIS does, they do it inconsistently and badly, that's why people complain.

This removal of retrogression is not indicative of the true situation, just as the big retrogression of the past was not indicative of the truth. Theoretically, in the absence of retrogression, every pending case can be approved within the quota. But we all know they have far more cases pending than what can be handled within this year's remaining quota. They should get on with the business of approving the cases already on their plate before taking on a massive load of new ones.

While I have no definitive knowledge about this, I believe the annual quota is divided into monthly quotas. If the quota for a month gets over before the next month's bulletin gets published, the cut-off date is calculated by the PD of the next batch of cases they will consider. If the quota doesn't get over, they either move the cut-off date forward, or just make it current (if they have way too many numbers available).

All of this is just to say that, as Jackolantern mentions, there will be random approvals of cases that were filed very recently by people who are extremely lucky to have sailed through FP and namecheck and without any RFEs, etc.

What pisses me off is that there are clearly so many VSC->TSC cases that they don't seem to have even touched since the transfer happened, and yet here they are, apparently ready to handle the influx of filings that will result from the removal of retrogression. I believe the reason for all categories becoming current is simply because they haven't had a chance to go through most of the files transferred from other SCs.

Of course, if USCIS is doing this to let people have a chance to file their 485 before the fee increase, much kudos to them. But then, in this case, all the new filings will probably sit in their office till the the old cases have been touched at least once. However, I doubt it's going to work like that.

Any idea what's with this concept of "downloading FP results from FBI takes 3-6 months" nonsense? What exactly are they downloading? Binary images of the FPs? Isn't this supposed to be some sort of spreadsheet with an indicator against each name saying "good to go" or "this guy is probably suspect or needs more investigation"?

Ok, enough ranting for one morning. And it's not even a Monday. :)

It's Good to see all current

Good conclusion:" This removal of retrogression is not indicative of the true situation, just as the big retrogression of the past was not indicative of the truth". Hats off to you and hats off to uscis.
Why some one else should also suffer because I have suffered ?
No consistency is the best way to describe USCIS. I have suffered a lot. But due to old priority date, only employer (read pimp) were benefiting and candidates were suffering. Now whether they give the GC or not but if some one can file 485 in couple of months, it will be beginning of new era. Now USCIS will take money from the employee rather then the pimp but a very miniscule amount compared to pimp. Hats off to CFO of USCIS. This will set so many things straight. Third layer Pimp co will suffer the most as their very existence depends on the precarious situation of H1B holder. Due to this f*****g priority date every one wants to preserve the old Labor and pimp enjoys. Now with this new current date, so many bonded labor will become free.
I am happy to see this development and a very big relief to Harassment visa ( in short H1b) class.
In fact , I see this way that the new class will not have to suffer like old folks here. Me and my 2 friends are setting up a new web site and will create a knowledge base for new H1B people and help them to live a better life then I did. I am sure you all agree, that had you knew the things 5 years ago, which you know now, life would have been much better. That’s the crux of this system. By the time you understand the system, you are done and after that who cares.Got the GC , move on let the class suffer. No more. We have created the organization (not for profit ) and will tell all the tricks of the H1B ,GC etc (for no profit ). Hold on folks and you will be surprised how the H1B employer (third layer ) will react to my new venture as it will have all the tricks they play. I have learned with them. Any of you who want to join me in this endeavor are most welcome. I have got my GC but feel very passionate about doing some thing for H1B class and will do. Every heads count. Personally I have nothing against them but resist exploitation. Very soon the web site will be up and running. The website name is WWW.techBharua.com
Please give me suggestions and idea to my PM .

Clarification...

Good conclusion:" This removal of retrogression is not indicative of the true situation, just as the big retrogression of the past was not indicative of the truth". Hats off to you and hats off to uscis.
Why some one else should also suffer because I have suffered ?
No consistency is the best way to describe USCIS. I have suffered a lot. But due to old priority date, only employer (read pimp) were benefiting and candidates were suffering. Now whether they give the GC or not but if some one can file 485 in couple of months, it will be beginning of new era. Now USCIS will take money from the employee rather then the pimp but a very miniscule amount compared to pimp. Hats off to CFO of USCIS. This will set so many things straight. Third layer Pimp co will suffer the most as their very existence depends on the precarious situation of H1B holder. Due to this f*****g priority date every one wants to preserve the old Labor and pimp enjoys. Now with this new current date, so many bonded labor will become free.
I am happy to see this development and a very big relief to Harassment visa ( in short H1b) class.
In fact , I see this way that the new class will not have to suffer like old folks here. Me and my 2 friends are setting up a new web site and will create a knowledge base for new H1B people and help them to live a better life then I did. I am sure you all agree, that had you knew the things 5 years ago, which you know now, life would have been much better. That’s the crux of this system. By the time you understand the system, you are done and after that who cares.Got the GC , move on let the class suffer. No more. We have created the organization (not for profit ) and will tell all the tricks of the H1B ,GC etc (for no profit ). Hold on folks and you will be surprised how the H1B employer (third layer ) will react to my new venture as it will have all the tricks they play. I have learned with them. Any of you who want to join me in this endeavor are most welcome. I have got my GC but feel very passionate about doing some thing for H1B class and will do. Every heads count. Personally I have nothing against them but resist exploitation. Very soon the web site will be up and running. The website name is WWW.techBharua.com
Please give me suggestions and idea to my PM .

Hello blessed_by_INS,
Old applicants are not complaining about new applicants. It is more of setting up priorities based on application dates....And more over, lot of people are applying on sold labor certificates. That's unfair.
thanks,
Sri

If you look at recent ombudsman report, you get what is really happening..

----------
From numerous visits to USCIS facilities, the Ombudsman has observed that adjudicators prefer to work on the cases that are easiest to complete. Adjudicators pick the “low hanging fruit” first because supervisors base performance evaluations on the number of cases completed. Consequently, adjudicators put aside the most difficult and time-intensive cases. These cases remain pending, perhaps for years, while backlog reduction appears generally to be succeeding.
The Ombudsman fully supports USCIS efforts to quickly and efficiently complete the cases. However, the current drive to complete large numbers of cases presents problems. For
example, USCIS provides field offices resources based on what is needed to complete a typical case. It is the Ombudsman’s understanding that if field offices have a workload of 1,000 cases and USCIS determines each case usually takes one hour to complete, USCIS will provide financial support for 1,000 hours. Cases that take longer than an hour to complete are not provided additional resources in the office’s budget. Offices with more than the average numbers of difficult cases or offices that try to work the difficult cases thoroughly will not be adequately funded because the number of completions will be low. Meanwhile, offices that push to complete the easy cases will see their budgets grow. One field office visited by the Ombudsman has a large number of long-pending cases which require substantial adjudicator hours. However, officers at that office indicate that they cannot address the older, difficult cases without negatively affecting their productivity report to USCIS headquarters.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Wake up to the reality !!

Hey dryheat,

Wake up dude!! I can only feel sorry for you that you think that people are complaining for everything. As Jack mentioned they have valid reasons to complain,and they are not whining.

If you think that USCIS moved the dates for good reason to approve majority of cases(if not all) you are naive.
They have done so just to milk the money from poor souls and in the process giving some new,uninformed 485 filers false sense of security that they will get their GC soon.

Nothing against new 485 filers... they will get a relief. Spouses can get EAD to work and one can use AP to travel .... use AC21 ....all that is good. But just wait and see, how this "all categories current" thing is goin to play out in the long run. One of the fallouts will be painfull delays in EAD/AP approvals among other things and will make people lament to no extent...

JMJ

Why the heck are you guys thinking that USCIS made all dates Current to milk....or earn more money...that's not true!

CIS Ombudsman predicted that 40K visas are going get wasted...because ROW is not using it's share of the 140K quota....

And AC21 law clearly states that if for any quarter, the available visas for ROW , exceeds the demand....then country caps should be eliminated...and that's what happened....The country limits have been removed! Hence, all are current...that's the true reason...

NO POLITICS! NO MONEY SWINDLING THEORIES!

JUST THAT THE DEMAND HAS GONE LESS FROM ROW!

Why the heck are you guys thinking that USCIS made all dates Current to milk....or earn more money...that's not true!

CIS Ombudsman predicted that 40K visas are going get wasted...because ROW is not using it's share of the 140K quota....

And AC21 law clearly states that if for any quarter, the available visas for ROW , exceeds the demand....then country caps should be eliminated...and that's what happened....The country limits have been removed! Hence, all are current...that's the true reason...

If you believe that, I have a couple of bridges to sell to you at a very deep discount :D :D

Last year USCIS wasted over 13,000 visa numbers and this year estimates of wasted visas would have touched 40,000. Two months ago, Sheila Murthy had indicated on her forum that dates are very likely to be advanced substantially to use up the visa numbers by the end of the visa year (September).

The dates have nothing to do with fees etc. The visa numbers are released by DOS not USCIS. DOS takes feedback from DOL and USCIS. The dates were held back in anticipation of a flood of backlogged labor applications which have never come about. Hence the dates have been moved ahead now. This is a temporary situation and will provide much needed relief to those families where spouses are sitting at home, they are unable to change jobs through AC21 and so forth.

If you believe that, I have a couple of bridges to sell to you at a very deep discount :D :D

Significant movement of dates was genuinely warranted, but "all current" makes no sense considering the existing load of pending cases.

I tend to agree with Jack. If those unused visa numbers are in good part due to the CIS's slow processing speed rather than the weak demand, then everything else equal, this "all current" thingy will just further increase the number of pending cases. Seems like we can for good reasons expect backlog to explode and another severe wave of retrogression to strike again.

I have friends waiting for their PD to become current, and they finally can have their AOS pending. I'm happy for all those people like my pals.

But otherwise... I'm not amused at all by the way things are handled. Then again what's surprising? No secret this system is completely broken.

Significant movement of dates was genuinely warranted, but "all current" makes no sense considering the existing load of pending cases.

What can I say. Im an indian myself, no wonder the uscis is in such a shabby mess. The Ombudsman is a jackass indian himself, probably knowing full well how slavery works. Mr Prakash Khatri.

Well, I think there is a reason for the disconnect between "existing load of cases" and visa number availability going current.

The visa bulletin is published by the Department of State, not USCIS. USCIS demands (more like "requests", actually) visa numbers from DoS when it wants to adjudicate I-485 applications. If USCIS doesn't request for them, the DoS will assume that USCIS has no applications ready that can use up any any visa numbers. The first paragraph of the bulletin seems to lay this out quite clearly, as well as these lines from the bulletin:

"All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, "

So, USCIS demands, and DoS provides. And it appears that the DoS doesn't really care much about what workload the USCIS is under. After all, the USCIS is supposed to be funded entirely by the fees generated by applications. If there is extra workload, USCIS can theoretically just hire more people to process applications in a timely fashion, but that's another story.

If those visa numbers aren't requested by USCIS, the DoS will keep adjusting the cut-off date till those numbers get used up at the rate they feel comfortable with.

Why should USCIS care about visas getting wasted? Granted fingers will be pointing, but they are thick skinned anyway. Its all about money. I believe there are 92,000 cases waiting for PD to be current. Now that they will be current and considering each applicant brings in $350 (AP $170 + EAD $180) every year as they wait for 485 approval, that is $32m, which is ~10% increase to their recurring AP/EAD revenue. To top it up they get this money for doing nothing! All they have to do is to delay AOS (probably will now be an average 4 year wait, instead of 2 years) and watch the money roll in. For all those who are thinking it not about money open your blinkers.

Hey, remember....with the new Fee Scheme.....the 485 fee gets tripled..
.but one does not need to keep paying for EAD renewal every year....

So, if I485 approved get delayed by 1 year or higher, the current fee system is cheaper than former, is what I am hearing...