NORI letters

mins

Registered Users (C)
I have got the NORI letters from India. Now i wanted to get the "No Objection Statement" from the Indian Consulate, New York. So, for that

1. Do i need to send the original NORI letters which i recieved or a photocopy of them will do?

2. Do i need to send all the three NORI letters, or two is enough to get the "No Objection Statement"?

Anybody with these informations please suggest.

Thank you in advance

Hi ,

You need to send all the 3 originals of the NORI as they don't take the photocopies as is what i understood from them and u should also submit the barcode sheet for the third party which you get while you take the case number......I went and i personally handed over the NORI to the NY embassy........Are you a doctor by any chance.....i am asking this as i am a doctor....
GL.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Did they also ask for your passport? From what i understood from the NORI letters, the CGI, NY, must also have received a copy of the NORI letters, so was wondering why do they need these originals.....
Did you take an appointment when you went there or just walked in?

No i am not a doctor, i am a researcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi , i also had the same question as you as to why they need the originals and they asked the originals and i gave them ......
yes, you can just walk in and you can ask them at the information counter....
GL..

Hi, since you mentioned you received the NORI from India, so can you please tell me did you send the copies 1- to MHDR New Delhi, 2- Regional Passport Office, 3- Your state Home Ministry (directed to whom? Secretary to Home Minister or what) and did you send them any cover letters and self addressed envelope along with the notarized NORI.
I will also appreciate if you tell me the exact address of the Home Ministry- for me its West Bengal, if you don't belong to this state, do you know anyone who can tell me about it.

Thanks in advance.