NORI letters....can still be used?

repo

Registered Users (C)
Hello my friends,

First of all thank you all for sharing your experiences and thoughts and that really helped me so far in this waiver process.

I have been planning to apply for J1 waiver since December 2007 and yet not filed my application due to various reasons. Finally I am ready to file my application and wondering if I can use the NORI letters I already collected from three departments in India. I got the HRD letter in December 2007 and home dept NORI in March 2008 and the passport office NORI in February 2009 (passport office issued a NORI sometime in 2008 but did not give me a copy and I had to have them reissue me a another NORI and send a copy which happened in Feb 2009). I have been in the same program since I came to US (in Sept, 2007) and there has been no change of status of any sort except that I got a J1 extension two months back. Now that I am planning to go to India this January, 2010 and intent to apply for waiver once am back here in Feb. Wondering if I can use all three NORI letters I have collected so far during this three year span. Or are they too old to be used anymore. Does anybody got similar experience or is it wise to ask the embassy itself (I come under embassy Juristion).

Thank you so much in advance for any help and look forward to your replies :).

Can I anybody help with this? I am still searching for some answers. Wondering if any of our members had similar experiences. Looking forward to some help.