Non RIR Discussion Only !

NEverGreen said:
My NJ case PD 07/03, 05143-xxxxx is still in DATA REVIEW
My case is also still in Data Review. My case was lost. From the day it was reopened, it is showing data review. Its pending in PBEC. My case # is P-06341-xxxxx,dec. 2003. Is there any body with same first 5 digits of my case number?
Thanks

All,
I have case number starting with T and not D or P although my case is pending at Dallas (attorney told me that)
How do I check status of my case?

Attorney received 45 day letter which was replied in 2006. I head that it was never received by DAL so reply was filed again and case got reinstated.

please help

thanks

3 1/2 month to clear

I have been following a few cases since they were posted on AJB. One of the cases got approved yesterday. This case was advertized on 9/22/06 on AJB. Going by this standard it seems to me it takes approxmiately 3 and half months for a case to be certified from the time it is advertized on AJB. Just an estimate, nothing precise. Hope this is helpful information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remanded EB3 cases approved without Recruitment Instruction

I saw approvals of couple of my friend's remanded cases 2001 ( EB3, CA, Jun. and Dec. ) since last week. They did not do RIR conversion or PERM conversion.

I saw my ad on AJB almost a month ago. My lawyer did not inform me about any recruitment instruction yet.

GOD know what is in store for me ?

pdjune2001 said:
Since when is your case in data review ?
I have a case with PD 06/01 .. but is in "In Process" ever since ..
RIR conversion was filed for this case ..

My case moved to "data review" in nov 06. it used to be in "in process" before that.

TR Conversion

I talked to my attorney yesterday about converting my April 2001 TR (EB3 India) to RIR regarding the "hold Harmless" rule and he told me that AILA is going to get more info on the 10th next week regarding more info and would it be safe to convert or not.
The thing holding him back right now is the fact that some of his other DBEC LC clients sent e-mail request 2 weeks ago and have still not received anything back about Prevailing wage or any ammendments.Once you send the e-mail your case is RIR only and all paper work has to be snt by April 01 or your case is closed.Now say you send for RIR conversion 15th January and it takes DBEC 1 month to get back to you and that leaves a very tight window to get all Recruitment report together by April 01.
I will post next week after the 12th and see what he says.
As far as the September 2007 date he told me that AILA has allready found out that both DBEC and PBEC have got an extension and funding till Febraury 2008 but do not want to annonunce because the pressure all people who are stuck writing to their Senators and Congress.

whattttttttttt!?

Lucky7 said:
As far as the September 2007 date he told me that AILA has allready found out that both DBEC and PBEC have got an extension and funding till Febraury 2008 but do not want to annonunce because the pressure all people who are stuck writing to their Senators and Congress.

are ya kidding me??!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lucky7 said:

Oh boy! Can anyone provide independent verification for the same? I search AILA web-site; Nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, I have never heard of anything from BEC is needed for RIR conversion. My conversion was submitted 2 days ago. They did the recruitment, then prepared some documents and submit. I am working in a big company and everybody is following the same procedure. I suggest that you consult with a different attorney. I remember that you can even check prevailing wage through a website.

Second, if it is true that they got the extension, it is the worst news of the new year! These stupid DOL people!

Lucky7 said:
I talked to my attorney yesterday about converting my April 2001 TR (EB3 India) to RIR regarding the "hold Harmless" rule and he told me that AILA is going to get more info on the 10th next week regarding more info and would it be safe to convert or not.
The thing holding him back right now is the fact that some of his other DBEC LC clients sent e-mail request 2 weeks ago and have still not received anything back about Prevailing wage or any ammendments.Once you send the e-mail your case is RIR only and all paper work has to be snt by April 01 or your case is closed.Now say you send for RIR conversion 15th January and it takes DBEC 1 month to get back to you and that leaves a very tight window to get all Recruitment report together by April 01.
I will post next week after the 12th and see what he says.

bpc2001 said:
First, I have never heard of anything from BEC is needed for RIR conversion. My conversion was submitted 2 days ago. They did the recruitment, then prepared some documents and submit. I am working in a big company and everybody is following the same procedure. I suggest that you consult with a different attorney. I remember that you can even check prevailing wage through a website.

Second, if it is true that they got the extension, it is the worst news of the new year! These stupid DOL people!
-----

Lucky is right, as per the FAQs DOL is supposed to reply with a confirmation email and Prevailing Wage information for that job.
In the FAQs they say time to reply would depend on the number of conversion requests received, so no timeframe. How these bastards get to have so much flexibility in their work? My manager would kill me if gave such loose status.

Email Reponse for Prevailing wage

I have been a silent spectator to this wonderful forum for long.
Lucky7 - My attorney also said the same thing.

(1) After Oct 06 release of FAQ for conversion from TR to RIR my recruitment efforts were started- Paper ads done and Company website ad done. My attorney wants to do one more ad and before that could be done, Dec 22 06 - 'Hold Harmless' Memo was released.
My attorney so put off the third mode of ad saying, after we send the intent to convert email, BEC will send us the prevailing wage and if that happens to be more than what was stated in 750A and/or Ads already done, those ads will have to be scrapped and redone. So, attorney did not want to waste one more mode of ad before hearing from the BEC.
Intent to convert email was sent two days ago for my case.

(2)My attorney also brought up another point saying, now The DOL defines job opportunities appropriate for RIR conversion as any position that has an SOC code falling into the following.

"in-(high)-demand" occupations, as listed on O*NET (browse by job family)

"high-growth industries" as identified by the Employment and Training Administration (ETA)

any position/s identified by a State Workforce Agency (SWA) as in-demand or shortage occupation/s

IF the industry and the underlying jobs for the industry is not in any of those, DOL could deny conversion.

Hi Gurus,

My lawyer sent reply to this(following) query and they had to reply before

5th of Jan. I am wondering how long its goin g to take after this. Anybody

who has this kind of experience please share. Thanks.

life_w/o_gc said:
gurus,

Please need your help.

My TR case status still shows as IN PROGRESS. I applied for PERM on Oct 31

yesterday my lawyer received a query for my old TR application.

This query is about MS or BS + 5 year experiance. Is there anybody out there

who has received this type of query? and howshould I answer to this query?

I am also confused here because now my lawyer says my case is EB2.

When and where does this EB2 or EB3 category decide?

Your help on the query is highly appreciated.

gcez said:
I have been a silent spectator to this wonderful forum for long.
Lucky7 - My attorney also said the same thing.

(1) After Oct 06 release of FAQ for conversion from TR to RIR my recruitment efforts were started- Paper ads done and Company website ad done. My attorney wants to do one more ad and before that could be done, Dec 22 06 - 'Hold Harmless' Memo was released.
My attorney so put off the third mode of ad saying, after we send the intent to convert email, BEC will send us the prevailing wage and if that happens to be more than what was stated in 750A and/or Ads already done, those ads will have to be scrapped and redone. So, attorney did not want to waste one more mode of ad before hearing from the BEC.
Intent to convert email was sent two days ago for my case.

(2)My attorney also brought up another point saying, now The DOL defines job opportunities appropriate for RIR conversion as any position that has an SOC code falling into the following.

"in-(high)-demand" occupations, as listed on O*NET (browse by job family)

"high-growth industries" as identified by the Employment and Training Administration (ETA)

any position/s identified by a State Workforce Agency (SWA) as in-demand or shortage occupation/s

IF the industry and the underlying jobs for the industry is not in any of those, DOL could deny conversion.
You can make an independent determination of the prevailing wage and base your ads on that; you don't necessarily have to wait for the prevailing wage email from BEC. A skilled attorney will ensure that he or she uses the right prevailing wage, one that will not likely be below what BEC will come up with later. If BEC does end up sending ahigher prevailing wage, you can very well challenge it if your own sources were strong. I don't think it makes sense to wait for the BEC to send email confirmation. They have already indicated in their FAQs that they are not committing to sending timely response to "hold harmless" conversion request.

I talked to my attorney day before. Should we consider RIR conversion ? I asked. He doesn't recommend it. I basically don't trust BEC, he said.

EB3-MA-TR-june/04
EB2-MA-PERM-NOV/06 - approved.

Wait4LaborNJ said:
My HR informed me. Attorney said nothing to worry..!

Thanks Wait4LaborNJ.

We have the same AJB posted date and I know my RI received date is 12/4/06. But I don't know my recruitment period. Do you know your recruitment period?

Thanks again for sharing your info