Non RIR Discussion Only !

Conversion from Non-RIR to RIR

Question: Did any one see any response back from DOL for their conversion request from Non-RIR to RIR? If yes how long did it take to get a response saying the conversion was complete?

stsgc said:
Question: Did any one see any response back from DOL for their conversion request from Non-RIR to RIR? If yes how long did it take to get a response saying the conversion was complete?

mine was submitted a month ago and it shows up as "data review" now. it used to be in "in process". could you please let me know what is your status online?

TR-RIR conversion

As per immigration-law , DOL is planning another FAQ on TR-RIR conversion. The basic difference would be that DOL will wait for the employer to inform them about the conversion. Employer would later send the documents. Stupid DOL, how come they did not think about this last October ?

jay1971 said:
mine was submitted a month ago and it shows up as "data review" now. it used to be in "in process". could you please let me know what is your status online?

I don't have the info to check my case online. My Company say they cannot disclose this information. I have to wait for Lawyers to inform me of any progress .

Analysts Finding Fax

My Attorney's office recieved a Fax from BEC yesterday (Dec 11) asking about prevailing wage and minimum requirements. The fax says that my case has being reviewed for traditional processing and that we need to submit the corrections within 14 calendar days.

The good thing is after more than 5 years someone opened my file. Thank God! Hope all else will fall into place.

This proved my guess that DBEC has passed the damned April.30 2001 hurdle. Two of my colleagues with Aug. 2001 PD recently got ads on AJB, even though they have finished recruitment before cases moved to DBEC.

dianasteve said:
My Attorney's office recieved a Fax from BEC yesterday (Dec 11) asking about prevailing wage and minimum requirements. The fax says that my case has being reviewed for traditional processing and that we need to submit the corrections within 14 calendar days.

The good thing is after more than 5 years someone opened my file. Thank God! Hope all else will fall into place.

TR --> RIR Conversion??

Hi there,

I remembered that you are undergoing the RIR conversion. Is this fax related to your RIR conversion? Have you submitted your conversion to BEC yet?

Thank you for keeping us posted.

dianasteve said:

Remanded Case..

Hi,
My PD is Aug' 2001 and filed originally as a RIR and later on remanded to Non-RIR and pending in DBEC.
Today i checked the status of my case and i found that it has changed to Data Review from InProcess.
Any idea what this means , like they may be sending RI very soon..

Any reply would be of great help.

Thanks
RD

remandedDude said:
Hi,
My PD is Aug' 2001 and filed originally as a RIR and later on remanded to Non-RIR and pending in DBEC.
Today i checked the status of my case and i found that it has changed to Data Review from InProcess.

Thanks
RD

Mine too changed to DataReview from in process. No idea what it means.

Thanks

NON-RIR processing date link

Anybody has idea as what happened to that link from DOL that would show what date NO-RIR case they are processing??

thx

In Process to Data Review

Hi

I had the similar experience one month ago where my case [Oct 2001, CA, EB2, AUTO remanded Oct 2003] status changed from IN PROCESS to DATA REVIEW for an hour. It is showing IN PROCESS for last one month without any progress as far as I know. I do not whether my lawyer received any thing from DBEC because of status change that day.

SAM SHARMA

We were almost done with the recuitment and were ready to file for the conversion. But fortunately the recruitment was not a waste for the company as they were looking for more than 1 person to hire and they hired an applicant. Oh well, let's face it one at a time whatever it is. All this will be over soon.

txtramdream said:
Hi there,

I remembered that you are undergoing the RIR conversion. Is this fax related to your RIR conversion? Have you submitted your conversion to BEC yet?

Thank you for keeping us posted.

dianasteve said:

By any chance your case was auto-remanded before went to Dallas BRC?

TR to RIR Requirements?

Hello All,

Excellent forum. I am in the process to file a RIR conversion. I have read this forum but I am still confused (Same as my $%^^! attorney).

According to DOL, one of the RIR conversion requirements is: "Documentation demonstrating that a pattern of recruitment has been established within the six months…"
My position is a professional one, now my big question is:
Does my sponsor need to follow the ad requirements same as perm professional process (job order, the two print advertisements, and the three additional recruitment steps)?

Thanks!

My data:

PD: May 17, 2002
NON-RIR
Changed to H4 (But sponsor willing to continue)
Received 45 day letter on Nov, 2005
ETA Status: "In Process"

You have not read carefully enough I think. There is one post said he(she) used the perm ad and made the conversion successfully. If you do not find that here, try the DBEC tracker.

ladillao said:
Hello All,

Excellent forum. I am in the process to file a RIR conversion. I have read this forum but I am still confused (Same as my $%^^! attorney).

According to DOL, one of the RIR conversion requirements is: "Documentation demonstrating that a pattern of recruitment has been established within the six months…"
My position is a professional one, now my big question is:
Does my sponsor need to follow the ad requirements same as perm professional process (job order, the two print advertisements, and the three additional recruitment steps)?

Thanks!

My data:

PD: May 17, 2002
NON-RIR
Changed to H4 (But sponsor willing to continue)
Received 45 day letter on Nov, 2005
ETA Status: "In Process"

Yeah, I am also waiting for that status check website to come out. I was among the last one to file in the Non-RIR (PD 25th March 2005).

gptexan said:
Anybody has idea as what happened to that link from DOL that would show what date NO-RIR case they are processing??

thx

so_depressed said:
You have not read carefully enough I think. There is one post said he(she) used the perm ad and made the conversion successfully. If you do not find that here, try the DBEC tracker.

I actually read it but it DOES imply that PERM requirements satisfy conversion; however; RIR rules at that time were different.

Anybody with the answer?

Thanks.
Ladillao de esperar.

Mine too back in late october, but it came back as "inprocess" after a day. Early this month they sent me the RI. My guess is: it's their procedure whenever they pickup your case from the box they have to change the status from "in process" to "data review". After a day or two working on your case they change it back to "in process". I think it's a good sign for you that you will receive RI or better yet a certification! Hopefully!

remandedDude said:
Hi,

Thanks
RD

so_depressed said:
This proved my guess that DBEC has passed the damned April.30 2001 hurdle. Two of my colleagues with Aug. 2001 PD recently got ads on AJB, even though they have finished recruitment before cases moved to DBEC.
I think yes mine is also in Aug 2001 , and I saw my job posted on AJB this week, so look like they finally are moving . I hope they will do this as I am in 8th year.

What happens after ajb posts their AD

Hi gurus,

My situation is as follows:

non-RIR, MI, EB3 files in Nov 01. Case status shows in process. My ad was posted yesterday on ajb. I have the following questions:

1) My RIR case of 2004 was approved last month. Does it have any implication to this non-RIR case from Nov 2001.

2) Is a set of RI going to be sent to the lawyer even though the ad is posted on ajb?

3) How much time is it expected to take for ajb to make their decision and what does my company have to do now.

4) Is there still scope of filing non-rir to rir conversion ?

5) My company is filing I-140 for the RIR case. In case the non-RIR is accepted, can another I-140 be filed?

6) What happens to the RIR case in case the non-RIR is denied?

7) Anyone else in this kind of situation?

Thanks for any advice i can get.