Non RIR Discussion Only !

Nonrir cases

NonRIR procedure

Gurus -
How are the approvals going to come for NonRIR cases which did not even make it to DOL. The attorney (when I filed my cases in CA in 2004 Feb) says that we need to advertise before the case moves to DOL. Now that all the cases are in BECs (no concept of SWA and DOL) when will the advertising be done in cases of NonRIR in the current scenario.

Can some one please shed some light on this ?

I guess I am another unlucky guy :)

PD: Nov 2001
State: LA
Received 45 day letter from State DOL in July 2004. After that no news! My company changed the lawyer in 2004 and he filed a RIR case in Jan 2005. No news from either. Any suggestion as to which one I should keep? The August 31 deadline for withdrawing multiple labor cert filings is for PERM cases only, right?

Thanks

Non-rir WI jan 2003

Howdy guys ,

same here ....
State : WI
PD : Jan 2003
Never reached Regional
No 45 day letter yet

I even wished upon a shooting star ... and the application still didnt move :D

hope we see some .... just a bit ... just a faint glimmer of movement

The case made it to regional.

VPB,
Looks like the case made it to the chicago regional. Can anybody shed some light on how will the non-rir never made it to regional cases be handled.

Long wait ! Epidural I Empathize with you for all

Case was filed as EB3-RIR in May 2001.

Approved by TWC and sent to Dallas DOL September 2001.

RIR Rejected & Remand Issued sometime in January 2003 by Dallas DOL. (Due to Economy/Layoffs) Degraded to non-RIR processing and sent back to TWC to be processed in the regular non-RIR queue.

Taken up by Enterject about 10 months back for processing. But employer chose to process by remand date (Jan 2003) rather than priority date (because of possibility of rejection) and replied to Enterject accordingly. Enterject got fired after this happened.

45 Day letter ??

VPB, thanks for starting this very useful thread on Non-RIR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non RIR case

My case: Traditional non RIR EB2

Filed at TWC : 26th April 2001
Reached Regional: 11th April 2004
Tranfered to BRC Dallas: Dec 2004
45 day letter replied: 2nd Jan 2005
Current status on screen shot : TR

Any body in similar situation? Is status 'TR' means that the case is in FIFO Q for approval ? Where is this Q at the moment

Regards

Non RIR Case

8th Year H1B Extension

CA-EB2 - Non RIR
PD: 12/26/2002
RD: Never Made it
45 Day letter: Not received

Pain status

friends, my details:

PD (state) - March 2003
Regional (Chicago): July 2003
recievd 45 day letter (Dallas) and responded: March 2005

Case: EB2
Type: NON-RIR (Regular)

When do you think I will get certfied?

epidural said:
VPB,
Looks like the case made it to the chicago regional. Can anybody shed some light on how will the non-rir never made it to regional cases be handled.

epidural,
There are not many non-RIR approvals reported in these forums for us to derive some pattern. In fact I have seen only 2 or 3 approvals here.
I guess we have attracted a modest number of Non-RIR applicants in this thread. Hope if we sustain the discussion here we should be able to get non-RIR updates flowing.

GCBy2010 said:
VPB, thanks for starting this very useful thread on Non-RIR.

You are welcome GCby2010...I was frustrated by the lack of information on Non-RIR and also at the unfairness of the Non-RIR processing when compared with RIR processing.
While 2000 and 2001 PD Non-RIR guys are still in the lurch, 2003 RIR applications are getting approved. That is not fair.

another NON-RiR infor

Hello guys,

It is great to have this thread that dedicates to non-RIR cases. Hope to see some certification soon.

Here is my information:

PD: May-2002
RD: NOV-2003 (CA)
Received and Replied 45 days letter on June 05

SamIndia

Here is my info:
Regular LC
PD : October 2003.
RD: Never made it...
45 Day letter: Never received.
State filed in : CA

I came to the USA around 7.5 years back and have to refile with my current employer after I left my previous job.
I am tired of waiting. My wife cannot work, we have to live on one person's income, I cannot change jobs nor can we buy a home. This is humiliation people. We 'aliens' are people too, with feelings. I am thinking of packing up and going back to India. At least I can plan on buying a home and settling down. I don't deserve this humiliation from anybody. In India the system or the lack of it will harass me on 'equal opportunity' basis and nobody will call me an 'alien'.

vpb said:

That is a good work vpb. My case is also waiting approval but I got the screen shot for 7yrExt in July 13 and I received Process Type : RIR and Case Status : RIR. But I know that my case is traditional so I could not find a place to fit in my application processing in your approval queue model. Do you have any info on such peculier situation.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in a similar situation, although my case is TR , the screenshot says Process Type 'RIR' and Case Status 'Data Review' and at the bottom the Data Review shows what are the missing fields(all the wage related info which TR cases don't have before recruitment effort). I still haven't received any 45 day letter either.
Lawyer says that it is a common mistake that these contractors are doing while entering the data. Any thoughts?
My details are:
PD: 04/2002
TX EB3 - Non RIR
TX/Enterject case
Case Received Date in BEC : 08/05/2005
Case # D-05217-8xxxx