non-concurrent I485 processing time

resal_looc

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I got my I140 approved and is submitting my I485. I did not do concurrent filing for various reasons (e.g. attorney advised against it).

The published processing time from NSC for I485 was astonishingly and agonizingly slow, compared to other centers. If a I485 is submitted today at NSC, with I140 approved, does it mean that it is going to be sitting there for 2 years before it can be touched? What is the difference between processing time and priority time? If a concurrent filing is submitted today, is the I485 going to take as much time as my single I485 ?

Thanks in advance!

jambalakadi is right. Apply ASAP, because after December you may have to wait a long time jst to apply, because dates will retrogress for EB3 filers from India, China, Philipines and Mexico.

Also, after applying the wait at current pace is 2-3 years, but this may improve or get worse. So apply soon. BTW, if I were you I would really grill my attorney as to why he was against applying concurrently. I think that was a dumb thing to do and will cost you a lot in wait time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most importantly,

GET A NEW LAWYER!!! that guy screwed you over. Some dude just got a sep 2003 concurrent i140/485 approved.

There could be a reason to apply non concurently. For example get I-140 and after 6 mo use CP-21.

resal_looc said:
Dear all,

I got my I140 approved and is submitting my I485. I did not do concurrent filing for various reasons (e.g. attorney advised against it).

Your attorney sold himself to your employer.
Only reason not to file conccurantly is to not allow AC-21 (and keep the slave in the company) except for dudes who want to go for consular stamping.