no papers for visiting in US ( Here illegally)

Mcnally

Hi all. My fiance has been here living with me for just under a year. We plan on getting married within the next few months. Her problem is that she never applied for a visitor visa, and is living here illegally. When we do marry, will her and I come across any troubles from the INS because she had been here over the 6 month period? I\'m sure the INS will ask how long she has been here, and when they hear it\'s been over a year without the proper documents, can they do anything about this? Of course you can imagine my concern in this matter, and I\'m hoping against all odds that all be will fine. By the way, I have not applied for a K-1 visa. We plan on marrying when other matters are looked after. In the mean time...we wait.
 Would appreciate any input you may have...

Thanks

No Title

What is teh nationality of your fiance? if she is Canadian, just never tell the INS that she stayed over 6 months, tell them that she stayed 6 months at a time, or whatever time you think can convince the officer, there is no way they can find out, there are no stamps in her passport, if she is non Canadian, how did she enter teh USA? you should ask a lawyer then.

No Title

I know about the six month stay for Cadanians, my girlfriend is. She has been here several times to visit without trouble. The last time, a few days ago, she came through customs in Montreal and they ran her through the ringer. The customs agent stamped her passport and attached a form 94 stating that she had to return to Canada by 1 July. As I know she is allowed her for six months I can\'t understand why they did this to her. Would you have any idea why????? thanks