No More walk in EAD in boston INS

gccouple

Registered Users (C)
I had been to the local boston ins to get mine and my wifes EAD, and got to know that since yesterday they have stopped issuing new EADs and even renewals, Now I have mail them in to the service center, and thus begins a long wait again :-(
Hope this info will help other guys out here depending on boston office to get their walk-in EAD,
Guys go and mail them out right away!!!

Hi,

Could anyone have the same experience?
And did you have any official release for this
and any hope to resume?

incorrect information

Boston INS office is still issuing EAD/renewals. I was there on the 7th of Feb. and was told to return in a few weeks for my interim EAD (90-day period). However, there are notices posted stating that I-485/I-130 cannot be filed in person.

no, I showed them my EAD receipt which was filed in CSC(don't ask) and they just told me to come back when the 90 day period was over.

Were you informed by one of the INS officers that they will not issue EAD/renewals or are you basing this on something else?

90 day interim EAD Vs fresh application for new or renewal EAD

Does anyone know if the Boston office still accepts 'over 90 day' interim EAD request? My wife goes to a school close to Boston, and the school's International Student's office released this on Feb 7, 2003:

Boston INS No Longer Accepting EAD and AP Applications:
Due to newly implemented national procedures, the Boston INS office will no longer accept applications for employment authorization and advance parole if an individual's application for adjustment of status is NOT pending at the Boston office. Employment-based applications for adjustment of status must be filed with an INS Service Center, not the Boston office. Therefore, the majority of pending employment-based adjustment applicants are affected by this change in procedure. EAD and AP applications should now be mailed to the INS Service Center in Vermont for processing of permanent residence application. If you are in need of employment authorization and/or advance parole, as well as those who will need to extend employment authorization and/or advance parole within the next 6 months, do so in a timely manner!

Sorry, I meant the question in my first post to be "does anyone know if Boston office still accepts EAD renewal applications without an EAD filing receipt from VSC?"

Walk in EAD in Boston

I called INS Office today(02/20/03).They said ,Still Boston is approving EAD's by Walk ins.

Do u gaus have any idea about that?....

Guys, There are different cases of EAD's. In my case, I had not filed for EAD, and as per previous rules, once I get my 485 receipt, I cud go to boston INS and get my interim EAD. Now they are not doing it. They sent us back telling they wud give us the EAD, only if we had already filed in boston office.

gccouple...I am a little confused. You say you went for an "interim EAD", yet you say you didn't file for the EAD?!!

I am not sure about getting a new EAD, if the 485 was filed in a different office, but interim EAD is something different. iEAD is issued when you've already filed for the EAD and the app has been pending for 90 days from the notice date.

just wanted to clarify.

In Limbo, what u said is right. But what I said is true too, in very few INS offices, it was possible to fill in the EAD form and get the EAD card on the spot (same day), and Boston was one of them. But now they r not doing it.
U know what I mean!!

Got iEAD at Boston INS office

Hi all,
just wanted to let you know that I got my iEAD from the Boston INS office. My EAD application has been pending for more than 90 days in CSC(my lawyers filed it in Calif.!) It was very painless, they saw the EAD receipt notice and the 485 reciept. All in all took about 2 hours, I went to the INS office at 7 am and was out by 9 am.

EAD ???....

Congrats....

Did you have chance to check about new walk-in EAD's.Ofcourse gccouple is clear that Boston INS is not issuing new EAD's.But when I talk to IIO y'day.He says Boston is still issuing new EAD's.As I am away from Boston.I can not get a clear picture.

Do you have any clue on this.

Thanks...

guys my case was pretty different, plz dont get confused, if ur case is already pening, I guess u must not have any prob. In previous posts, I have clearly mentioned my case.
good luck.