No Fingerprint appointment?

PerpetualGC

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,

I recently (end of July) received my renewed GC (as the user ID says, I'm a perpetual GC'er) and then promptly (and finally) mailed in my 400 form with all the trimmings.

Today I received the 'letter of action' telling me the application was received, my priority date, and that "Upon receipt of all required record checks, you will be scheduled to appear for an interview at your local USCIS office".

So, what happened to the FP appointment? I was FP'ed in June for my GC renewal, are they going to use the same FP's and save me the trip to the DO, or I will get an FP appointment as usual?

(if I go straight to interview, can I ask for a refund of the biometrics fee :D)

Might I say that the DO I deal with (Indianapolis, IN) was helpful, professional, informative, and efficient. GC Renewal time was under 2 months.

USCIS sometimes uses previous FP on file if they were done recently, but don't count on it.I f/when they send you a FP appointment for the N-400, you'll have to get them done again and there are no refunds.

bummer

Received my FP notice letter today. Grrrr. I was hoping for a biometrics refund :D

Let's hope the X-Acto knife cut on my thumb will heal in 10 days...