No decision made on citizen application

jk2015

Hi all,
I went for my interview, it went well on the English and US history and government.
I have heard my GC over 7 years . I got my GC through family/ marriage, within those years I had kids, that were outside my marriage. After the interview the officer said she could not make a decision yet, she has to look at my case farther since I had kids while I was still in the marriage. I know it was not noble to have kids outside of the marriage but we were having problems in the marriage.
Can any one please advise if they have had a similar case, should I involve a lawyer at this time.? Any help will be helpful

Having an affair with someone else , let alone having kids, is not the answer for having problems in marriage. This is very suspicious for the validity of your marriage. How long had you been married when you had your kid? Did you marry that second person after? Is that person US citizen?

It's hard to predict how deep they can go in your GC application. Probably you would be OK in the end. Lawyer at this point won't make a difference. If they send intend to deny and/or try to revoke your GC (which would be very difficult at this time since the burden is on them to prove) then you should hire a lawyer.

For now relax and wait. If you do not hear from them in 120 days after your interview you can take some actions.

Thank you Ivnp. I was married for 4 years when I had the first kid. the second kid came 2 years after that. No I did not marry their father and yes he is a citizen. Any help will help, Again thanks a lot Ivnp

When you had the first kid, how long have you had your GC?
Don't stress out too much, even though it looks ugly, if you married at first in good faith and have been truthful at the interview (and during lifting conditions if you went through that), from the immigration standpoint you did not anything wrong. Your citizenship will be approved.

First kid, I had had temporary GC for less than 2, went to remove condition immediately after that. I did not have the kid on the form remove condition because I was not sure if they meant the kids with my hubby, or out of the union or but I told the Officer that I had one. he went on to the next question and the granted me removal, again thanks for helping me with this its making mee feel better.