No Biometrics Appt Letter

cwtt said:
Has anyone figured out the Infopass yet?

I have been trying for 3 days and it kept saying "currently there is no information appointments available for your area", although i indicated the purpose of the appointment as I765 passing 90 days.

This is such a frustrating process... :(

Called the 1800 number to speak to a customer service officer on this problem, but was told that online Infopass is the only way to make an appointment.

Back to knocking on Infopass door..... :confused:

Have patience keep on trying. I also tried for three four consecutive days and finally one lucky day was able to get through. Looks like they have limited appointments. Best of luck keep trying.. :)

You guys can try doing a walk-in FP at the nearest ASC. It fast and easy. It hasnt made my case move any faster but atleast the FP/bio is done and helps start my name check.

qianli1111 said:
I filed my I-485 on Sept. 23, 2005. Four months (120 days) has passed, but I haven't got FP notice yet. I don't know what to do.

You guys mentioned about Infopass appointment? Where is the web site or what's the number to call?

Thank you very much! This GC process really test my patience.

THis is the website to make the appointment
https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

cheerus said:
You guys can try doing a walk-in FP at the nearest ASC. It fast and easy. It hasnt made my case move any faster but atleast the FP/bio is done and helps start my name check.

Cheerus

what is the ND on your application ?

Info pass appointment

Thanks for your encouragement njoshi18. :)

I have finally managed to get through and made an appointment for 2/6/06, which is 91 days from my RD. I have my fingers' crossed.

Does anyone know, if I go get my iEAD after the 90 days and if I can get it, am I elgible to get a Social Security Number and be able to work? Without an SSN, the iEAD would be useless to me. 73 days and counting, I am still waiting for my FP letter and an update on my I-765 EAD. This is really driving me crazy.

Yes, once you get your IEAD you need to go down to the SS office and fill out the form show them your passport and IEAD. They will mail you the card in 2 weeks

I've submitted my I475, I675, I130 since Oct 25, 2005 but until now I have no FP apt, it's 92 days

I only received interview apt for I 485

I'm very worry about my case, Is there any thing wrong?

please answer me.

I don't want to sound rude but most of you talk about "my case my case and my case" but NOBODY mentions their city, state!!! remember not all states advance equally. Regarding FP/Bio...California for some reason is fast yet Florida is so slow.

My ND is 11/9 and no FP for i-765 only for i-485, which I got on day 62 VERY EARLY. In FL.. especially WEST PALM BEACH...you usually get BOTH appts 90 days after filing.

I am in Detroit Michigan and am waiting for my Fp notice for I-765. Its been 74 days now and still no sign of anything. This really worries me.

I'm in Orange County, CA

It's been 93 days from the day I submitted all documents.

Appt for I 485 interview received, but FP for I 485 and EAD not yet received.

very worry now.

Make INFOPASS appt to go to your DO. Most likely you will get your biometrics done that same day.

Guys,
This has been one of the most trying moments of my life to file for all these paperwork, but i guess we all do it for love to stay with our love ones. Thank God for giving me a job that I love, and I treasure every day I have. However, the backlog has created jeopardy to my job. I'm due for promotion in March, and I cannot get my EAD! My F-1 EAD expires today (1/13/06). I had infoPass appointment on 1/20, and the officer, to my surprise, was quite polite and patient with me. As of 1/16/06, the NBC Processing Date for I-765 (c)(9) was for Receipt Date (RD) of 11/9/06, my RD is 11/7/06. He told me that my case has been approved on 1/7/06, so he gave me a Code 2 Finger Print (for EAD) appointment. I had my FP done on 1/24/06.

I checked the NBC Processing Date again today, and the I-765(c)(9) has been moved BACK to RD of 10/17/05. That's why some of you were wondering why it was so slow. I checked my case on the USCIS website, and the LUD showed 1/31/06, and it says the Notice of Decision (ND) will be mailed within 14 days.

Frantically, as a pet peeve of my profession, NBC probably could use a, what we consultants called, "Process Reengineering" for their operation. But who am I to say that and suggest that?!

To those of you who are waiting, especially the ones with pending cases for 90+ days, MAKE INFOPASS APPOINTMENT! There is nothing to lose because the worst they can do is to tell you, "It's still pending..."; the best would be giving an update more than the website can tell you. If I did not make my infoPass, I probably wouldn't know that it was approved back in 1/7/06 and couldn't have gotten my Code 2 FP done on 1/24/06.

Let's just pray that my EAD comes in the mail today, so I don't have to give my company mucho problemo.

Good luck to everyone.

-jimmy

Mailed to Chicago Lockbox - 10/25/05
Receipt Date (RD) - 11/7/05
infoPass - 1/20/06 with verbal confirmation of case approval of 1/7/06
Code 2 Finger Print (FP) - 1/24/06
Online I-765 Notice of Decision - 1/31/06
infoPass scheduled - 2/14/06
I-765 Notice of Decision - ???
I-765 FP Letter - ???
I-765 Received - ???
Last Update Date (LUD) for I-130 - 11/9/05
Last Update Date (LUD) for I-485 - 11/9/05
Last Update Date (LUD) for I-765 - 1/31/06

cwtt said:
Thanks for your encouragement njoshi18. :)

I have finally managed to get through and made an appointment for 2/6/06, which is 91 days from my RD. I have my fingers' crossed.

Hi cwtt,
I went for my infopass appointment for IEAD today. Officer was very polite looked at my file and said my EAD was approved in Nov but my Biometrics were pending. She was surprised that I didn't get my Biometric Notice. Long story short she gave me Biometric appointment for 02-02-06 i.e tommorow. My district office is washington , DC. I was expecting to get IEAD today but officer said they don't give interim EAD's that's surprising for district office washington. Anyway she said it'll take 2-3 weeks once I get my Biometrics done. Luckily I have my H1 status.

Hope this information helps. I'll keep posted on updates.

Cheers!!
(H1b married to USC)
DO washington DC
I130/I485/I765 ND 25 AUG 2005 (Chicago Lock Box)