News: U.S. May Tighten Visa Application Procedures

What a stupid, draconian measure. It will totally shut down the visa system, consulates, airport screening etc.

They think the airline/hotel industry is in trouble now, if this gets implemented, the numbers of foreign traveller to america will drop substantially and so will business across the board.

Agree.... let the money from tourists/students/business visitors fly to other countries like Canada.

Originally posted by wowgc
It is good for the country to avoid bad people entering here at some extent.

How about the bad people already in their own country, are
they going to throw them to atlantic or pacific ocean. IMO
even the medical exam for I-485 felt insult to me. I was told
by friends oh they are trying to find in case the candidate has
aids etc. Which made no sense as there are already so many sick
and deceased americans themselves, if you are not going
to throw them to Sea why subject anyone applying for
485 to medical exam. Especially if they have already spent
so many years on H1B here......

Also come to think of it, out of 19, 15 terrorists in 911 attack
were from saudi arab, you (US government) are doing bussiness with that country. Yet you are creating 100 hurdles
for a simple minded vegetarian like me who thinks twice even
before killing a ant. ....

Later,
JC.

Originally posted by justchecking
Yet you are creating 100 hurdles for a simple minded vegetarian like me who thinks twice even before killing a ant. ....
Where does it say that if you are vegan you automatically are a non-violent person, pray tell me? ;) Anyway, the purpose of having you take a medical test is for the benefit of the citizens of this country. They do not want to jeopardise the healths and wealths of their countrymen by admitting TB and AIDS cases thereby having to treat them in their hospitals with tax payers money. Every good govt has to do this.

Originally posted by waitingforbreak
Where does it say that if you are vegan you automatically are a non-violent person, pray tell me? ;) Anyway, the purpose of having you take a medical test is for the benefit of the citizens of this country. They do not want to jeopardise the healths and wealths of their countrymen by admitting TB and AIDS cases thereby having to treat them in their hospitals with tax payers money. Every good govt has to do this.

Hmm.. I did not know that hospitals treat people in US with
tax paper money. Wonder why I am wasting my money on
medical insurance.

In case you did not get the point, 99% of the terrorism
in the world is by muslims. When did you last see a Hindu or Buddhist in US blowing up buildings. So why for the heck of being politically correct create problems for all people.

-JC.

Originally posted by justchecking
Hmm.. I did not know that hospitals treat people in US with
tax paper money. Wonder why I am wasting my money on
medical insurance.
Community hospitals, medicare program, duh! There are numerous people in america who cannot afford medical insurance and guess how the hospitals pay for their treatments- they take it out of OUR insurance providers by overcharging. Something that goes on routinely.

In case you did not get the point, 99% of the terrorism in the world is by muslims. When did you last see a Hindu or Buddhist in US blowing up buildings. So why for the heck of being politically correct create problems for all people.

If you are from India then you should know that our country owns WMD. Our country has gained the dubious reputation of religious intolerance because they say so. We misuse L1 visas. You name it.
Finally, why would they take the risk of letting you set a precedent. They do not KNOW that hindus and buddists cannot bomb buildings. (I beleive they can actually, if you saw some naxalite action in the south, you would agree)