Newbie To PERM And GC Process

staycalm

Hi Friends,

I am new to H1B and GC process. My Employer (IT Services Consultancy (Follows Ethics and rules of USCIS) ) is ready to start my PERM process since they have PWD Approved ready.

Note: I am a INDIAN Citizen

Below is the list of newbie questions which i have . Please help me with your answers
1. While filing PERM , Should my current salary be more than the PWD Approval Salary ?
2. Do we determine EB2 OR EB3 category while filing PERM ? At what stage , employer has to select EB2 or EB3 choice ?
3. Once PERM is approved, employer said they will file I140 immediately without delaying purposefully .
In case, lets say employer delays filing I140 after PERM Approval , What happens if i decide to leave the company after PERM is approved but I140 is not filed ? Should i redo my PERM again with future employer B ?
5. Since i am an Indian Citizen , I am assuming i cannot file I140 and I-485 together since visa numbers will not be current for Indian Citizens ?
6. Assume i change employers after my I140 is approved (And stayed with current employer for more than 180 days), what should my future employer do when they do H1B transfer ? (Do they need to file 140 again or Both PERM and I140 again) ?
7. Assume i change employers after my I140 is approved and 180 days has not been passed, what should my future employer do when they do H1B transfer ? (Do they need to file 140 again or Both PERM and I140 again) ?
8. Is there any other things, i should be aware of and be careful?

Last edited: