Newark Stamping experience

vsrajan

Registered Users (C)
first off, my approval notice clearly told me to bring full frontal passport pics and to make an infopass appointment.

based on the suggestion of previous posters, i parked on the lot on orchard st(down braod st, right on east kinney, left on orchard). entrance B was closed. the guard there directed me to entrance A.

I got to entrance A at 11:15 AM. My appointment was for 12:30. There were 3 people ahead of me in the security line. Took me 2 minutes to clear security and get to the 3rd floor. I showed the guard there my appointment letter and she told me to come back at 12:15 for my 12:30 appointment.
So i went down to the cafeteria on the 2nd floor and whiled away an hour.

back to the 3rd floor at 12:15, was let in and stood in line. there were about 10 people ahead of me. took me around 15 minutes to get to the counter. lady there took my infopass letter, approval notice, pics, AP and EAD(she asked for them), took my fingerprint and made me sign a form, stapled them all together, game them to me with a token number, told me to wait for my number to be called.
This took all of 5 minutes, time now was around 12:40.

Loooong wait for my token number to be called, a lil' over 2 hours. finally, at around 2:45, my number was called. Went over, gave her my papers, along with my passport. she took em all, had me confirm my address and told me to wait, that someone would call for me.

Another wait, about 30 minutes or so. A lady came over with a bunch of passports and started calling out names. She gave me my passport, showed me the stamped page, told me it was valid for travel and work authorization and that i could expect my plastic card in 6 to 12 months.

Finally out of the bulding at 3:15. In total, it took about 3 hours.

In conclusion:

an infopass appointment seems to be a must.

take regular passport pics.

don't go early, they won't let u in. arrive at the office around 30 minutes before your appointment time.

be prepared to spend 3hours there, give or take.

Hope this helps.

I am sorry to know that you took so long to get your stamping done. I got my passport stamped yesterday in Charleston, SC. It took me two minutes to get it done. The young lady was so nice (She is always very nice). I felt I was lucky.

My wife is doing her passport stamped in Cleveland, OH right now. I wish she is lucky enough too. God bless her and every one else.

Hello che3358:
Did you have to face any problems,, sicne you and your wife were getting the stmp at 2 different locations? I am in the same boat. I have to go to Cleveland , OH and my husband is in Raleigh, NC. Did they ask why you and your spouse are living in different locations.

You response will be tremendously helpful.

Thanks a bunch