NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Hi ...!!!

Finally, I got it.

My interview was scheduled for 1:00pm. Me and my wife reached there 12:30pm and submitted my interview letter. We waited, waited and waited and finally my name was announced at 2:30pm. Officer greeted us and asked us to follow to his cubical. Before we sit, he asked us to raise the right hand and he said "you will tell the truth and nothing but truth.........". We said "YES" and sat down.

First thing he asked us our driving licenses and passport. He verified the pictures on it then he he went through several dosuments in his file. He asked us the latest tax return and we gave it.

Our address on his file and tax return did not match, he asked us why. Then I told him that we purchased a new home. He printed us a form for to update the address, after completing the form we gave it back to him.

Then he asked my wife where did you get married.
Next questions were for me
When you guys got married?
What is your birth date?
What is you mother's name?
What is your father's name?

Then he asked us for pictures, he went through several pictures.

Then he asked my social security card and EAD. Again he went through his files and then he said congratulations Mr. you are now permanant resident.

He put 2 stamps on my passport and gave us a little paper having instructions for I-751. He explained that this is a conditional green card for 2 years as our marriage is less than 2 years old. He mentioned that we can mail the form 751 on 18th July 2007 which is 90 days before the expiration of the conditional GC.

He mentioned that I will recieve the card in mail in about three weeks. If i want to travel before I recieve the card I can do that with the stamped passport.

Once this was over i requested the original affidavits of my birth certificates and I gave him the photo copies.

Officier was very nice. Just to make us feel confortable,he wasked us so many questions which were not related to interview, for example how is our new home, ,when are you planning to have kinds. Which camera you used to take pictures.......

The interview was over in less than 15 minutes.

A big big congrats to you!I have been following your posts and praying for you I am glad to hear of your success..I pray the rest of us have this kind of success too....Amen

skb2005,
congrats. Finally you got the conditional GC. In 1yr 9 months you should be ready to file the I-751. Great that you got the originals back...

SWaiting/ncgirl: Thanks for taking your time, this forum was a big source of information and support for me during the entire process of my GC.

Sometime i think that there are so many people coming to this forum, they belong to diff countries, having diff cultures, speaking diff languages but helping each other. That is the kind of ideal world we want to live in. I wish if world can live like this, helping each other,peacefull, enjoying others success.

....lets not get very emotional.

Thanks for everone's support and sharing the information. Wishing you all the best.

I recieved an email regarding the GC approval on 10/19/2005 and approval letter by mail on 10/22/05.

Thought of updating you guys.

skb2005:

Congratulation. I am glad you are approved.

My wife's will have her on tomorrow morning. I will post the information in the afternoon if I can get a break from work.

I think we are all set. I just made copy of my driving license--last touches.

Kenmw

OK guys, here is the interview experience of my wife’s interview from this morning (25/Oct)!

My wife’s has her interview this morning at Newark, NJ. The appointment is 10am. We were there at 9:20am but after waiting at the security check we get into the interview office about 9:50am. We handed in the interview letter and then go for a quick washroom break.

At about 10:05am, my wife’s name was called. The young lady was kind and polite. After following her to her cubicle, we were sworn in and take our sit. She asked for our passports and driver license for ID. Then she waited no time to fire all her questions at me. I was a little nervous at first. But then I settled down and we have no problem at all since we have been tested each other for the last two weeks and on the way for our appointment.

She asked me the following questions:
• What is my wife’s name?
• When is my wife’s birthdate?
• Is this my first marriage?
• What was the previous address where we lived?
• Have I met her parents?
• What is her father name?
• What is her mother name?
• How do we meet each other?
• How do I become US citizen? (Naturalization!)
• How do I get my GC? (Lottery visa!)
• What is my wife occupation back in her home county?
• When is our wedding?

She asked my wife the following questions and documents:
• Have she ever married before?
• What is your husband name?
• Were you married previously?
• When is your husband’s birthdate?
• Have you met your husband’s parents?
• What is the name of your husband’s mom?
• What is the name of your husband’s father?
• What do I do here in US (occupation)?
• How do you like (my country)?
• Have you been out of the country since you came? (my wife has over-stayed her I-94 – if she did travel, her case will be denied);
• Do you take the (my country airline)?
• Was it a direct flight? (It was direct with a stop-over. The officer has taken the airline and knows it stop at Middle East. She knows more that we expected).

She requested the following documents (to keep or see) from us:
• I-94 (she kept);
• EAD card (gave back to us – read to see why?);
• My wife’s medical results (she kept, but gave us a copy);
• Our employment letters (she kept);
• The 2004 income tax receipt from INS (she kept);
• Our photos (she looked at pics of our while dating, wedding, reception, with families and friends – she asked to keep one whichever one we want to give her);

My wife is pregnant currently and when she took her medical exam, she failed one test. This will require her to have an X-ray done. The officer said that she can not approve now. She asked my wife when is the baby due date. Mentioned that after baby is born the my wife can go through the medical exam AGAIN so the officer will be able to approve her case. All she need is to bring the medical results (sealed) back and hand it to the officer. Then, my wife can get her passport stamped. We have 45 days to produce the second medical exam. The timeframe was negotiable. She normally give 60days for anyone to bring supporting document back. But, we will have a baby next week, the officer think we can get it done within 30 days but we asked for more just in case. So, we get 45 days.

She was nice to let us know I don’t have to come back to submit the new medical. Also, if we were to mail the medical use Fedex or registered mail, because the mail sorting process is slow and she doesn’t have room in her file cabinet. In addition, she also tell us if we were to come in person, try to be here at 7:45am or late at 4pm so she can process my wife case without delaying other interview schedules.

Before we leave, we confirm that my wife will bring her passport and EAD when she resubmits her medical. Also, I asked for the original translation of my wife’s birth certificate back and gave her the copy.

Well, it is kind of successful but not complete yet. I wish we can go and celebrate but at least we know she will approve it with no extra problem.

NOTE: on our way out, I asked the officer how many interviews she has to do per day. She said 8 interviews and we are an easy case (married for 6 years).

Last edited by a moderator:
skb2005 said:
Hi ...!!!

Finally, I got it.

My interview was scheduled for 1:00pm. Me and my wife reached there 12:30pm and submitted my interview letter. We waited, waited and waited and finally my name was announced at 2:30pm. Officer greeted us and asked us to follow to his cubical. Before we sit, he asked us to raise the right hand and he said "you will tell the truth and nothing but truth.........". We said "YES" and sat down.

First thing he asked us our driving licenses and passport. He verified the pictures on it then he he went through several dosuments in his file. He asked us the latest tax return and we gave it.

Our address on his file and tax return did not match, he asked us why. Then I told him that we purchased a new home. He printed us a form for to update the address, after completing the form we gave it back to him.

Then he asked my wife where did you get married.
Next questions were for me
When you guys got married?
What is your birth date?
What is you mother's name?
What is your father's name?

Then he asked us for pictures, he went through several pictures.

Then he asked my social security card and EAD. Again he went through his files and then he said congratulations Mr. you are now permanant resident.

He put 2 stamps on my passport and gave us a little paper having instructions for I-751. He explained that this is a conditional green card for 2 years as our marriage is less than 2 years old. He mentioned that we can mail the form 751 on 18th July 2007 which is 90 days before the expiration of the conditional GC.

He mentioned that I will recieve the card in mail in about three weeks. If i want to travel before I recieve the card I can do that with the stamped passport.

Once this was over i requested the original affidavits of my birth certificates and I gave him the photo copies.

Officier was very nice. Just to make us feel confortable,he wasked us so many questions which were not related to interview, for example how is our new home, ,when are you planning to have kinds. Which camera you used to take pictures.......

The interview was over in less than 15 minutes.

CONGRATULATION ON YOUR SUCESS.

Why did DAO put 2 stamps? What the other stamp is?

Thank You

My Interview Experience

Hello all:

I went for my green card interview this morning and was approved. I thought I'd share my interview experience with you. First of all, here's my timeline:

10.15.04 - I-485/I-130/1-765 mailed
10.25.04 - I-485/I-130/I-765 receipt date
11.26.04 - Fingerprint appointment (I-485 and I-765)
12.18.04 - 1st EAD received
07.14.05 - I-765 (renewal) mailed
07.22.05 - I-765 (renewal) receipt date
09.22.05 - AOS Interview letter received
09.24.05 - Fingerprint appointment (I-765 renewal)
10.12.05 - 2nd EAD received
11.01.05 - AOS Interview (approved)

My AOS interview was scheduled for 11:00 a.m. We got there at 10:15 a.m. and there was already a pretty long line around the building. We were lucky that it was so nice outside today. It took us about 45 minutes before we passed through security and got inside the lobby. We went up to the 13th floor and showed our IDs and the I-797C Notice of Interview to the security guard outside the waiting room. As soon as we got inside the waiting room, we went up to window #2 and turned in our I-797C Notice of Interview to the receptionist. We waited for about an hour before our names were called.

We followed a lady officer to her cubicle inside another room. We swore to tell the truth before we were seated. Right off the bat, she asked for my passports (I-94s attached), EADs, evidence of a shared life together (joint bank statements, utility bills and health insurance) and my medical (I-693). Then, she asked my husband (USC) the following questions (as far as I can remember):

- where and how did we meet
- my DOB
- my place of birth
- when was the first time I entered the U.S.
- what is my occupation
- name of the company where I work
- name of the company I used to work (I'd changed jobs earlier this year)
- has he met my parents

Then, she proceeded to ask me the following questions:

- his DOB
- his place of birth
- his occupation (self-employed)
- when and where did we get married
- have I been married before
- has he been married before (yes) and for how long
- do we have any kids
- our address

Other than the items referred to above, she also asked to see and reviewed the following items:

- wedding album
- lease
- 2004 tax transcript
- my employment letter

After reviewing all of the above documents, she asked me whether I've been arrested before, had any immigration problems (deportation orders, etc.), all of which I replied "no".

She then told me she was going to approve my application and proceeded to stamp my passport. She took my EADs and I-94s. Finally, she explained that it is a conditional GC and that I had to remember to remove the conditions during the "90-day window".

All in all, I would say she was very thorough and professional. One thing that struck me was how efficient she was - she'd asked one question after the other without hesitation. The whole interview lasted about 15 minutes.

That's it. I think if you're very prepared and organized, the process will be smooth-sailing. Good luck to all!

Update:

I got a notice that our interview is on Jan 4th, 2006 at Newark. My RD and PD were Feb 21st 2005.

Any other people who've started getting interview letters?

Greencard Interview

Hello,
I have My interview next week and need information on what type of questions they ask.

In the interview letter, they mentioned about Affidavit of Support, I864. Is there a need to take this form even though I filled it before.

My Wife is a US Citizen, she doesn't have her Birth Certificate, do they need her Birth Certificate.

What are the list of documents they need.
I94,
Passport,
EAD,
AP,
Social Secuirty Card,
W2,
Tax Returns,
License,
Photos,
Financial Statements,
Utility bills,
Insurance Statements,
Birth Certificate,
Marriage Certificate,
My Wife's US Citizenship.

I Submitted My Medical Examination when filing, should I take the copy. How about the I864, Affidavit of support.

Can you confirm on these questions.

Thanks for help.

Thanks,
msuku

Hi everyone,
I need your advice. My file and my applications are beeing processed in Newark , NJ. My job transffered to Florida 5 months ago. I never notify USCIS about this change because this position was created only temporarly and I should be moving back to NJ in few months. Do you think I should notify USCIS about my address change. I still live with my husband in NJ, just temporarely working in Florida.
Thank you very much for your time.

milota,
Since you are temporarily working in Florida and your permanent residence is still Nj, no notification to USCIS is needed or required. Relax and enjoy florida weather...

msuku,
the interview letter is a standard format.
For medical and I-864, take the copy to be on safe side.

For your wife's Birth Certificate, How did she apply for the US Passport then ?

If the Birth Ceritifcate is not available, you will need a non-availabilty letter and 2 affidavits..

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I go married in 01/24/04 and filed my applications on 3/31/04 (receipt notice). Had my interview 2/14/05. I am stil waiting for my name check. In January 06 it's will be 2 years that I am married. Lets say for example that I will get my green card in February 06, does that mean that I don't have to apply for removal of condition and I wil automaticly get green card for 10 year? Or does the recepit notice count as begining of that 2 year period?

got interview letter

I was surprised as I got my interview letter on nov 8 . I thought the waiting period for 1 year, but got a interview in 6 months.Anyways, I will start preparing my documents..

My timeline: Newark DO
May 12, 2005- application delivered to Chicago lockbox
June 6, 2005- Notices received
July 23, 2005- FP/biometrics complete
July 28,2005- Send medical info
Sept 12, 2005 - EAD received with wrong middle intial.
Oct 2, 2005 -Correct EAD received
Nov 8, 2005 - interview letter received
Jan 9 , 2005 - Interview.

I write again...

Last time when I wrote, I did not have any update on my case for 15months or so. My USC wife filed my I-130 and I485. Normally, it gets approved in a year. It has been almost 19months now, but no luck. 3 months back, I got second fingerprint notice. I got appointment date after 2 months. During that wait time, website got updated that they have sent a letter requesting additional evidence. I did not receive any letter. I called them, and they said wait a month. So, I did that and nothing came in the mail. Now I dont know, if they updated the website after a month of sending fingerprint notice. And if that is what is required for additional evidence. I have asked my lawyer and he doesnot know that either. He sent a letter to USCIS to find out what they want. Does anyone got any idea what is going on? When i call 1800#, they tell me that my lawyer will get the letter and he has to contact them for not receiving that letter. Any help is appreciated. THanks...

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I go married in 01/24/04 and filed my applications on 3/31/04 (receipt notice). Had my interview 2/14/05. I am stil waiting for my name check. In January 06 it's will be 2 years that I am married. Lets say for example that I will get my green card in February 06, does that mean that I don't have to apply for removal of condition and I wil automaticly get green card for 10 year? Or does the recepit notice count as begining of that 2 year period?

A case cannot be approved until all the security checks are cleared. That said, if your name check would be cleared after Jan 6, 2006 then you will receive 10 yrs green card without any condition attached because by then your marriage would be for 2 yrs.

I have another dilema. I am trying to renew my Advance Parole. On the instructions it says "if you filed at USCIS field office to adjust status as a permanent resident, submit this application to that office." - or-

"If you filed at a USCIS service center mail this application to that service center."

Originaly I mailed my I-485 together with original I-131 to 970 Broad Street, Newark. My receipt notice was mailed to me from P.O. BOX 648005, Lee's Summit, MO.

Where should I mail my AP Application?

I appreciate your time and help.