Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

FP done

FP Done today for self and wife. Was a breeze. One curiosity we got only one civics lesson packet between the 2 of us ( we were told this was because we applied/came for the fp together). Meanwhile we have not received our "supposed" RFEs that were generated on 8/11/09. Will check the status in a week to see if the message changes if not will call back on 11th Sept (30 days) to complain.

FP Results sent to Vermont!!!????

Here is another curiosity in the USCIS process. Self and Spouse had our FPs done on 08/26 (2 days back). I called the FBI fp check number today to see if they had been "processed" (whatever that means). Person at the other end of the phone got name/ss number of my wife and I and then

She asked: "Where did you get your fingerprints done?"
Me: "Elizabeth New Jersey"
She says: " I have no record of any finger print results sent To/From NJ"
Me: :eek:
Me Then: :confused: May be the results were sent to either Lewisville, TX or the National Benefits center.
She then: No I only have results sent to Vermont and that was yesterday.
Me: Oh It might be because New Jersey probably comes under the Vermont Service Center of the USCIS.
Me: Do you have any information of the results?
She: No, I only have that they were sent back for you and your spouse yesterday:
Me: :rolleyes:. Okay Thanks for your help.

My question to y'all - Is this normal to get the FPs sent to Vermont when my application was sent to Texas (TSC?) but I got my notice from the National Benefits Center and I am domiciled in NJ?

Probably it is normal and this is how the USCIS (dis)functions but I thought I'll just churn the waters up :p with this extra bit of info (?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview date..

I called USCIS regarding my interview date. Got the information that IL has been issued, but they did not have access to the ID. I should have it next week.

Received FP notice

Received FP notice today. Schedule is 9/8/09 Tuesday afternoon in Elizabeth, NJ. Anyone know how difficult walk-in FP in Elizabeth, NJ at Saturday morning. Don't want to take one day off at Tuesday.

Thanks.

I had FP appointment on a weekday. Did a walk in on saturday. The officer will ask for a reason. Any simple reason should be accepted. Good Luck.

I had FP appointment on a weekday. Did a walk in on saturday. The officer will ask for a reason. Any simple reason should be accepted. Good Luck.

Thank you
Did they accept Saturday morning walk-in FP. I read my FP notice said if you want reschedule you could choce Saturday afternoon. Just want to sure I could do walk-in at morning.

Thanks.

Hi to Everyone,

I have an important question for my interview on Sep 1st at Newark. I had my tax forms 1040 for past 5 years. I was making less money because I was living with my family. Also I wasn't paying rent, phone bill, utility bill, or food and end of the 2008 i married and moved to my husbands apartment. For 2009 I have a job and making enough money to survive. But still 2009 didn't end and i cant show how much i was making. Is my low tax returns going to be a problem for me? My lawyer told me get a letter from my company which states am making that much $**** a week and the documents which company filed.

Addition to this I was a student those years ( i worked only for part time like 2 days a week )

Are they really curious about tax returns amount? Please pass me everything u know and sufficient for me because i want to be a citizen on tuesday sep 1st.

Guys my interview is set for september 22 and on 1 document it says i need to translate any other document that is on foreign language and that is my passport it's not on english it's on serbian language but under all info there is an english translation for name for example is serbian language and that it says name do i still need to translate anyone had any similar experience where they needed to translate documents.

any info would be appreciated.

Hi to Everyone,

I have an important question for my interview on Sep 1st at Newark. I had my tax forms 1040 for past 5 years. I was making less money because I was living with my family. Also I wasn't paying rent, phone bill, utility bill, or food and end of the 2008 i married and moved to my husbands apartment. For 2009 I have a job and making enough money to survive. But still 2009 didn't end and i cant show how much i was making. Is my low tax returns going to be a problem for me? My lawyer told me get a letter from my company which states am making that much $**** a week and the documents which company filed.

Addition to this I was a student those years ( i worked only for part time like 2 days a week )

Are they really curious about tax returns amount? Please pass me everything u know and sufficient for me because i want to be a citizen on tuesday sep 1st.

No, they do not care about the tax return amount. Collect all documents that show that you have lived in the area for the time duration needed (> 3 months in the district) and you meet the residency requirements.

Thank you
Did they accept Saturday morning walk-in FP. I read my FP notice said if you want reschedule you could choce Saturday afternoon. Just want to sure I could do walk-in at morning.

Thanks.
I am not sure if an early FP will get you an earlier interview. But it feels good to know that you have taken another step ahead.

I am not sure if an early FP will get you an earlier interview. But it feels good to know that you have taken another step ahead.

Thank you.

For some reason. I don't want speed my process. As I read another post. I applied at Aug 2009. Maybe I will get Interview and Oath at Nov or Dec 2009. But I hope I could down at Jan. I have a trip at Jan 2010 and still want to use old passport.
Back my question. Don't want to take one day off at Tuesday. Did they accept Saturday morning walk-in FP in Elizabeth, NJ?
Or if I reschedule my FP, how long will take to get new one?

Thanks.

Thank you for your information. I will put my experience regarding the interview and i hope to get it that day.

By the way for the civic test below link is very good for study issued by USCIS.GOV

Thank you for your information. I will put my experience regarding the interview and i hope to get it that day.

By the way for the civic test below link is very good for study issued by USCIS.GOV

No link, Please provide the link.