Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Thomas5, Freenation

As of today (Friday, 04/10/09) I have not received Interview Letter yet. Should I call USCIS or wait little more?

Other Members: Please let me know the status of your IL if you have similar time line as mine. Thank you

I think you should call USCIS and talk to second level IO (option 1-2-3 I believe). Given your timeline, I think its kinda slow compared to others. Nothing to lose sleep over, but its good to call USCIS just to make sure its not as silly like 'mail lost'.

I think you should call USCIS and talk to second level IO (option 1-2-3 I believe). Given your timeline, I think its kinda slow compared to others. Nothing to lose sleep over, but its good to call USCIS just to make sure its not as silly like 'mail lost'.

absrao,

Thank you for your reply. I just spoke to IO (IO asked for my Receipt #, A#, name and DOB) and she checked my case (took her 3 to 4 minutes) and she said my case is in process.
I told her that I have finished my FP so when will I get my inteview letter, she said you will get it soon and confirmed my current address.

Than I asked her how long it will take, like a week or so, she said may be it will take few weeks. She didn't say anything about I am in Que or not for interview so I asked her and she said yes you are in que.

Do you think if I am in que, it will take few weeks to get IL? Or she just said that I am in que since I asked her.

absrao,

Thank you for your reply. I just spoke to IO (IO asked for my Receipt #, A#, name and DOB) and she checked my case (took her 3 to 4 minutes) and she said my case is in process.
I told her that I have finished my FP so when will I get my inteview letter, she said you will get it soon and confirmed my current address.

Than I asked her how long it will take, like a week or so, she said may be it will take few weeks. She didn't say anything about I am in Que or not for interview so I asked her and she said yes you are in que.

Do you think if I am in que, it will take few weeks to get IL? Or she just said that I am in que since I asked her.

Could be any of it. They told me same thing that I am on queue, even the before day I got the letter. They also gave me different dates since I am on in queue. So they may not even know if letter was sent out. Some IOs give out information and some dont unless asked for. You may want to call them on weekly basis (hope you dont have to call them again) just to make sure the letter isnt lost in mail etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey anikt19,
don't worry about it. there is always the +/- 3 day rule. and according to your IO it hasn't been sent yet. The IO purposely will have to tell you to wait atleast for 3 weeks to a month because he doesn't want you to hold him accountable if he says that you will get it next week. So again, based on the convo. obviously the IL can't be printed today, because its good friday! :), but im possitive that it HAS to be sent out by tuesday. Give USCIS a call again tuesday evening, I'm positive they will tell you that they have sent out your letter and will even tell you the date of your interview over the phone.

Good Luck!

absrao, Thomas5
Thank you for help. I am just worried that I don't get stuck in name check. Once I get IL I will be happy. Thank you.

absrao, Thomas5
Thank you for help. I am just worried that I don't get stuck in name check. Once I get IL I will be happy. Thank you.
Next time you call, try to ask them about NameCheck. Sometimes they do tell if namecheck is cleared or not.

Next time you call, try to ask them about NameCheck. Sometimes they do tell if namecheck is cleared or not.

yep,That is correct. They informed me the same .They mentioned that ur name check has been completed and your case has been to send to local office.

ALL THE BEST A****t..

Thomas5, Freenation

As of today (Friday, 04/10/09) I have not received Interview Letter yet. Should I call USCIS or wait little more?

Other Members: Please let me know the status of your IL if you have similar time line as mine. Thank you

You need to be more patient. You only applied a little over 2 months ago and are already worried about your IL :confused:
Give it at least 2-3 months after your FP before you start inquiring about your IL.

You need to be more patient. You only applied a little over 2 months ago and are already worried about your IL :confused:
Give it at least 2-3 months after your FP before you start inquiring about your IL.

You are right Bobsmyth I should be more patient. But I saw people are getting IL who applied at same time. I think it is human nature. Again thank you for reply.

You are right Bobsmyth I should be more patient. But I saw people are getting IL who applied at same time. I think it is human nature. Again thank you for reply.

Don't worry about how fast others may get their IL as there is no consistent order in which USCIS processes applications. Before you know it, the whole process will be a done deal and you will have your oath.

Don't worry about how fast others may get their IL as there is no consistent order in which USCIS processes applications. Before you know it, the whole process will be a done deal and you will have your oath.

Bobsmyth,
You are like a Rock ... :) Guiding all of us through this immigration process and reducing our anxiety....

Thanks a lot..
Freenation.

Bobsmyth,

Glad to have you and other members like you who are always willing to help. Thank you.

I'm going in tomorrow for fingerprinting ahead of my scheduled appointment (April 29th), guys, I will be going to Newark Broadstreet office, will they usually allow it? Inputs please. Thank you.

I'm going in tomorrow for fingerprinting ahead of my scheduled appointment (April 29th), guys, I will be going to Newark Broadstreet office, will they usually allow it? Inputs please. Thank you.

Are you going to Elizabeth for finger printing, Correct?

Well, "Newark BroadStreet" is the address specified on the notice, Why do you have a good experience? What reason did you give to the Front Desk when you walked in?

Well, "Newark BroadStreet" is the address specified on the notice, Why do you have a good experience? What reason did you give to the Front Desk when you walked in?

I went to Elizabeth for my FP (I had Elizabeth address on my FP notice). I had letter from my manager which was indicating that particular day I have computer training. So they took me ealier.

Thanks A****t, that's a reason good enough :), I guess! I don't have any reason, but hopefully they'll let me in. If not, I have a scheduled date.