Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Thanks

Thanks catleya.

45 yrs...Gosh..

how long were you with the employer? did she dig deeper into it?
(I have been with employer for 6 mnths after I got GC).

I also recv'd my IL on May 4th. My interview is scheduled on July 25th at 9:20AM.

The IL also contained a photocopy of general guidelines on what docs might be needed at the time of interview. I guess it's either photocopied from N400 instructions or from "A guide to Immigration...".

I really wonder what docs to carry. GC, Passport, Traffic Tickets, ...?

I'm planning to carry GC/Tax Transcripts/Passport/Photographs ( I didn't send any with my application)/DMV certified record showing I have a clean record and there are no pending tickets against me.

N400 Newark Fingerprint notice received

Hi friends,

Here are the details:
D.O. Newark, NJ

4/11/2007 Sent N-400 applications via regualar mail to VSC.
4/18/2007 Checks posted
4/13/2007 Priority Date
5/3/2007 - NOA for fingerprints
5/18/2007 - Appt. for FP at Newark 1:30 pm
?/??/2007 - Received NOA for Interview
?/??/2007 - Scheduled interview date
?/??/2007 - Oath?

:) :) :) Smile and the world smiles with you

uschap give it a few more days

Hi,

My n400 reached VSC on 04/11 and checks were cashed on 04/16.

With your timeline, I would say you will see them in next 2 days.

How to contact VSC

Hello everyone, congratulations to those who became citizens since my last post, and also to those who have a speedy process.
Since I've notice that some people that applied in February have already received their IL, I made an InfoPass for my husband. His PD is Jan 10, FP Feb 1, and waiting since, but what bother me is that the last update shown online is Jan 21...no updates after FP.
Well, he had an appointment early this morning at the Newark Office, he was told by the officer that his file was still at VCS and that his FP were completed, but his name check was still pending, also to write to VCS asking them to send his file to the DO.
Does anyone has the VCS fax number, or how to contact VSC directly, do you think he can make that request over the phone?

I'd appreciate any info

Hello all. I recently started my application for citizenship. My dates are as follows:

04/17/07 : Application sent by UPS
04/18/07 : Received Date, Priority Date
05/02/07 : NOA-Application received (dated 04/26/07)
05/10/07 : NOA-Fingerprints received, (dated 05/04/07)
05/23/07 : Fingerprinting scheduled at Newark

So far so good.

Thanks.

My online status has never changed since my fingerprinting.

when you create an account in the uscis page and you log in, it doesn't just give you your case status, but also the last update made to your case, meaning the last time your file was access for any reason, and in my husband's case there hasn't been any updates since 1/21/07 not even after his FP were completed on 2/1/07

Guys,
I had my FP done in Newark in February and have not heard from INS ever since. I have taken 2 infopass appointments where I was told that it was in Name Check each time.
Here is my question - I have an offer open from Hong Kong. Am I obligated to live here to maintain my GC status, or can I go ahead and take up that offer, just as I would if I had a passport?
Would appreciate any input on my case as well as any insights as to how to get my name check expedited.

when you create an account in the uscis page and you log in, it doesn't just give you your case status, but also the last update made to your case, meaning the last time your file was access for any reason, and in my husband's case there hasn't been any updates since 1/21/07 not even after his FP were completed on 2/1/07

My information was not quite accurate, my case showed an update before my fingerprinting notice was issued and never changed after that. It showed an update on 03/12/2007.

don't worry about your case status not changing

I received my interview letter on April/27/07, interview is scheduled for Mid June. I am concerned about online case status, why didn't it change?. Online case status showing Case received and pending @ our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Is anybody in similar situation after receiving Interview letter, is it normal?

Oath ???

Same here - but I am not worried. I have an interview sceduled beginning of June. I've had the interview letter for a few weeks already but my status online is still the same as a few months ago.

Hello everyone, congratulations to those who became citizens since my last post, and also to those who have a speedy process.
Since I've notice that some people that applied in February have already received their IL, I made an InfoPass for my husband. His PD is Jan 10, FP Feb 1, and waiting since, but what bother me is that the last update shown online is Jan 21...no updates after FP.
I'd appreciate any info

I don't think you have a reason to be worried (yet). I think this forum is great but it does create a biased impression about how fast cases are processed - because those who are processed faster are more likely to happily share their short processing times on the forum.
I applied for citizenship in mid-October 2006. I have a last name that is rare not only in the US but even in the country I came from. And it's not similar to any other names. I am US-educated, great job, American wife, a child, all the good stuff. Still I only received an invitation for an interview in June last month, i.e., 6 months (rather than 2 months) after the priority date. I think it's still pretty good. So - if you have a priority date in February - wait at least for August before getting worried.

Best,

I also would like to take my four years daughter with me for interview at Newark DO. Does any one took their kids for interview at newark DO?

I don't think you have a reason to be worried (yet). I think this forum is great but it does create a biased impression about how fast cases are processed - because those who are processed faster are more likely to happily share their short processing times on the forum.
I applied for citizenship in mid-October 2006. I have a last name that is rare not only in the US but even in the country I came from. And it's not similar to any other names. I am US-educated, great job, American wife, a child, all the good stuff. Still I only received an invitation for an interview in June last month, i.e., 6 months (rather than 2 months) after the priority date. I think it's still pretty good. So - if you have a priority date in February - wait at least for August before getting worried.

Best,

Thank you for your responses, I know it hasn't been long since my husband applied, it's just that I was hoping his application would be process as fast as others I've seen in this forum. I'm just so anxious for him to become a US citizen and petition me, we've been married for 4 years, I was on a F1 visa until 2 years ago, at that time we faced some financial problems and could not afford the out of state tuition F1 students are charged, so I was forced to abandon my status. Well that is why I am so impatient about this....I just want to go back to school and start working.