Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Interview date!!

Hi all,
I have my interview tomorrow@ Newark, NJ. Does any one know if i would do the oath on the same day?. I am really nervious about this since i heared that many people have passed the test but have not done the oath yet, thay have bee:confused: :rolleyes: n waithing for more than 7 months.

The oath should take place on the same day in Newark, unless your case is pending for some reasons. Hopefully not.
Good luck for your interview and please let us know how it goes.
My interview will be on May 2nd.

ljl,

What is your PD? When did you receive your interview letter? Could you let us know your timeline?

Here is my timeline:

07/26/06 : N-400 mailed to VSC
07/28/06 : N-400 VSC Priority Date
08/11/06 : FP NOA recvd
08/16/06 : FP Appointment
03/17/07 : Interview notice recvd
05/02/07 : Interview Appointment

New updated status

Here is my timeline:

01/31/07 : N-400 mailed to VSC
02/02/07 : N-400 VSC Priority Date
02/27/07 : FP Appointment
04/02/07 : Interview notice recvd
06/26/07 : Interview Appointment

I just received my Interview notice today and everything went smooth and fast so far! I do fear :confused: the double A# as mentioned earlier on this board because of my OPT years ago. I will keep you updated after my interview.

Thanks everyone on this board for all the valuable posting!!

NJPANDA

Got My Interview Notice yesterday

Can someone tell me what's is infopass? How to do it?
I received my IL yesterday, but my husband didn't receive yet, he applied 2 month earlier than me?

My date detail:
GC: 3/19/02
PD: 2/5/07
FP: 2/27/07
IL: 4/6/07
ID: 6/27/07

MY husband:
PD: 12/29/06
FP: 1/18/07
IL: ????

Thanks!

D.O. Newark, NJ
(For myself and my spouse)
01/24/2007 Application sent to VCS via USPS registered mail
01/31/2007 Received/Priority Date
02/05/2007 Check cashed
02/12/2007 NOA - Application received mailed on 02/09/2007
02/15/2007 Received FP notice
02/22/2007 FP appt. and done
04/07/2007 NOA for Interview
06/25/2007 Interview/Oath date (appt. at 9:00AM)
(Online status check : Case not found: :confused: but :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an update

My and my wife's situation is not just similar. It is exactly the same.

My and her last names are extremely rare here in the USA. The priority date is October 17, 2006 (it is not a joke). No IL for us yet.

My daughter has applied one month later. She didn't even get her FP letter.

I have an update:

have a priority date of October 17, 2006.
I had my successful FP appointment the very beginning of November 2006, and the results were sent back 1 day later.
I received an IL on April 6 (it was sent out on April 4).
Interview/Oath date: June 5.

Interesting: My online status did not disappear - it's still there.

Hello,

I got the Interview Date on 06/18/2007. Here is my situation. My employer is asking me to be on business tour between 06/01 and 12/01, especially India and Singapore. Is there any other way that I can prepone my IL date to from today till 05/29.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

My N-400 Citizenship experience - Newark, NJ

Here is my N-400 Citizenship experience: (self and Wife)

Eligible to apply Jan 2006. Did not apply as I had to go to India in Summer 2006.
Applied - Dec 1 2006
Got Notce Dec 12, 2006
Got Notice for FP Dec 22 2006
FP on Dec 26 , 2006
Got Inteview Letter - Feb 2 , 2007
Interview - April 10 , 2007

Appointment on April 10- 1 PM. Went around ~ 12:50.
Gave app. letter in counter. Around ~100 people sitting (from Morning batch - waiting for oath).
My wife's name called ~ 1:10 - She was out in 15 min. Regular - going thru app, Civics Q. Asked to wait till ~ 3 pm for oath. (you can go out if u want and come back)
I was called ~ 2 pm. came out in 10 min. Asked ~6 civics Q, english sentence. Went quickly thru' application. I did mention travel after filing app. Officer asked to update the App. form and initial/date.
Asked me to be ready ~ 3 pm for oath. congratulated me.
When I came back, half the crowd was gone (they all went for the oath)
We waited ~ 4 pm - when they started calling people from afternoon batch..
we were called and signed on the certificate.. and waited till all others were done. (I think they wait till all is done for the second afternnon batch)

Around 4:45 Office came and asked us if we want to have the oath right there or go to the Oath room. Everyone I guess was tired of waiting, so we agreed to have it right there. Done in 10 min. and out by 5 Pm.

My daughter was born in India. She is automatically citizen as soon as one of us became citizen yesterday.
Have 3 more things to do -
1. Apply passport for all of us.
2. After I get passport - get OCI from Indian cousulate - start the process..
3. Apply N-600 for my daughter to get the Citizenship certificate.
- yes it cost $255, and not really reqd. but heard that in future may be some universities for fin. aid or other reason, may ask for it.
Also Just another proof of being citizen apart from passport.

Thanks for all the info in the forum!

name check before finger print?

I filed on 2/1/07 and so far have not received the finger print notice.

I scheduled an InfoPass appointment today and was told that my name check is pending and should check back in mid-June. I suspect that it's the generic answer that they give out.

Does anyone know if it's possible that you do your finger print clearance after the name check clears? Please shed some lights on what I can do. I'm rather frustrated and would appreciate any insight. Thank you.

I guess I am in the same situation. NOA dated March 13. No fingerprint appointment yet. Called twice. Was told that it is too early :)

Congrats and a question

agmenmon,

Congratulations on being a citizen.

Can you please share what questions were asked regarding N400 forms.
specifically about
1. Your GC sponsor
2. Your traffic violations(tickets if any)
3. Your stay out of the country.

Thanks in advance.

I sent my application on 10th april 2007. Now my wait begins.

By the way OCI takes 4 to 6 weeks.(Got it done for my citizen daughter recently).

agmenmon,

Congratulations on being a citizen.

specifically about
1. Your GC sponsor
2. Your traffic violations(tickets if any)
3. Your stay out of the country.

Thanks in advance.

I sent my application on 10th april 2007. Now my wait begins.

By the way OCI takes 4 to 6 weeks.(Got it done for my citizen daughter recently).

Along with the invitation to the interview they send you a paper that says what documents to bring to the interview. This paper says: "Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license"

finally got my fingerprint letter today!
Only took 2 months :rolleyes:

Scheduled for 5/4/07, Hopefully interveiw letter comes quicker then fingerprint letter,
Id like to see a blue passport this year :)

waitingforins2,
Please see Below:
specifically about
1. Your GC sponsor - No Questions about that
2. Your traffic violations(tickets if any) - I did not have any - offcer did not ask anything
3. Your stay out of the country. - I mentioned I travelled after applying - so updated the travel info. No questions on travel..

Thanks for infor on OCI info
I applied US passport for all of us. They took my daughter's GCard and our original naturaliztion cert. with the passport application. I know they will send back the orginal cert, Not sure if they will return tthe Green card. I am not sure if that is reqd for the N-600. Anyway let me see what happens.

Few Questions

1-I noticed that some of you knew when was the FP results sent back. How do you know that

2-When the name check take place is it before or after the FP?
3- what is the diffrenace between name check and FP. you would think that FP is what realy matter.

Thank you in advance for any answers.

Time line
3/2/07 filed withVSC
3/19/07 FP letter
3/28/07 FP taken
??/??/?? IL