Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

toma1234 and NXM1,
Three of us got our email update today and hopefully the IL soon. No YL for me either. Good luck to us. I'll post as soon as I get my IL.

I have my interview scheduled at Newark DO on December 22 and Interview time is 2PM. Is it possible to get same day oath at 4PM?

Got IL Today

Updating status. my ID is on the worst possible date as I will be on a weeklong anual meeting that week. I know rescheduling ID is not a good idea so I need to get permission not to attend the meeting... :(

Thanks
09/24/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(USPS)
09/28/09: N-400 Received
09/29/09: NOA date and PD
09/29/09: Check cashed
10/09/09: RFE ( checked online..)
10/07/09: FP notice date
10/10/09: FP notice received
10/24/09: FP appointment – DONE!
12/09/09: Status Update (email) case has been sent for a standard interview (NO YL yet)
12/12/09: IL received
01/12/10: ID

Is there anybody who got a IL or YL whose FP is in November.
Thanks & appreciated.
NOA : 10/12/2009
FP notice : 10/22/09
FP done : 11/09/2009
IL : ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Docs..

Chavacano/ tomja1234:

What are the documents you are planning to take with you?

I am just going to take all PPs , GC, DL and Birth Certificate and photos. I do have last 4 years of Tax transcripts from IRS and just requested a Driving abstract from NJ DMV to make sure there are no surprises on it. I have two out of state tickets and I will just take the copy of the tickets and the money order receipts even thought it is not asked on the IL. These tickets should not be on my driving record anyway but I have mentioned on my application.
I will also take a separation agreement from my previous employer who processed my GC as I left that company in 4 months after getting GC, technically it was a layoff so I have all the papers.
That’s all I cannot think of anything else

I am just going to take all PPs , GC, DL and Birth Certificate and photos. I do have last 4 years of Tax transcripts from IRS and just requested a Driving abstract from NJ DMV to make sure there are no surprises on it. I have two out of state tickets and I will just take the copy of the tickets and the money order receipts even thought it is not asked on the IL. These tickets should not be on my driving record anyway but I have mentioned on my application.
I will also take a separation agreement from my previous employer who processed my GC as I left that company in 4 months after getting GC, technically it was a layoff so I have all the papers.
That’s all I cannot think of anything else

Hi tomja1234

Do you think there will be an issue with leaving employer after 4 months of GC?

How long did you work for your employer on the whole?

Hi tomja1234

Do you think there will be an issue with leaving employer after 4 months of GC?

How long did you work for your employer on the whole?

I worked there for 5 years but I came there as part of an aqusition so technically add one mroe year. I don't believe it will be an issue, I have the letter from the company that my position is eliminated bla.. bla. bla... and a seperation agreement so I didn't resign rather thay let me go ( with a nice package :) )

Thanks Newjersey_dude.
I have the same timeline as yours
Let's hope we get our IL/YL soon.
===============================
DO: Newark NJ
10/08/09: N-400 Mailed Lewisville, TX
10/13/09: N-400 Received
10/19/09: Check cashed
10/16/09: PD
10/15/09: NOA date
10/22/09: NOA received
10/23/09: Online status changed to RFE
10/22/09: FP notice date
10/26/09: FP notice received
11/09/09: FP appointment (Completed)

Location Newark DO

Howdy,

Is the Newark DO [970 broad st] accessible by public transportation. I could see the NJ Transit going to newark penn st. Is the walk from the station to the center doable - as in are there pedestrian walk ways or is that more of a local highway/high traffic route where walking is pretty much impossible.

Anyone know that?

Thanks,

Mike

N-400 mailed: 11/23/09
N-400 delivered: 11/25/09 Fedex
Check Cashed: 11/27/09
NOA Received: 12/3/09
PD: 11/25/09 revised from 11/30/09
RFE: 12/10/09
FP notice received: 12/16/09
FP Completed (Walk-in): xxxx
Original FP Appointment date: 12/28/09

Approved!

Hi Folks,
I would be unfair if I just leave this forum after my citizenship approval. This forum has been very helpful through out my GC and citizenship process. I sincerely thank Rajiv S.Khanna for providing such a wonderful forum for all immigrants and potential immigrants.

Here is my experience.

My appointment was at 1:30 PM Yesterday (i.e. 12/16/2009). I reached Newark office at 12:50 PM, parked my car in "Public Parking" (FYI, parking fee is $12 if it is more than 1 hour and until 10 PM) which is right across the street from Newark DO office, went through security checks, went upto 15th floor, showed my appointment letter to the security person and the security person directed me to window 1 in room 1512. I gave my appointment letter to the lady at that window. She asked me to wait until my name is called.

There were around 100 people (some of them are family members, not applicants). After little bit of wait time, My name is called at around 2:40 PM and asked me to go to door 1. Officer showed up at door 1 and asked me to follow him, I followed him to his office. He asked me to stand up and raise my hand and asked me to say that I will tell the truth.

After that he asked me for my passport, GC and my DL, I gave him all those. He then checked my travel dates in my passport and then went through my N-400 application. He asked the following
1. My date of birth
2. Married or Single
3. Is my wife permanent resident or a citizen (My wife is a PR)
4. How many times I am married
5. How many times my wife is married
6. Verified GC approval date
7. How Many kids do I have
8. Are there any trips more than 6 months in last five years
etc

He then went through all the Yes/No questions of the N-400 application. Even though I have two traffic tickets, I selected "No" answer to the question "Have you every been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason?". He asked me whether I am arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer, I said "No". I didn't mention about my traffice tickets. He then asked me to sign on the N-400 application form.

He then asked me to read
When is columbus day?
and asked me to write
Columbus day is in October.

He then moved on to the civic questions, he asked me the following civic questions

1. What is one right or freedom from the first amendment?
2. What did the declaration of indenpendence do?
3. Name one branch or part of the government?
4. Who makes federal laws?
5. We elect Senetor for how many years?
6. If both the President and Vice-President no longer serve, Who becomes President?

He then said "Congratulations you have passed the test". He then gave me a paper saying that I am passed and asked me to wait outside until my name is called.

I waited for about 15 minutes, my name is then called and asked me to come to window 8. I went to that window, they took my signature on the citizenship certificate and asked me to wait for the oath.

They then called me to around 4:15 PM and asked all of us in the room to follow a lady. We went to the oath room and took the oath. We were then given the citizenship certificate.

Some of the members in this form who passed the exam mentioned that we shouldn't feel nervous, it is just matter of checking what is on N-400 application form and the civics test. that made me feel at ease during my interview process. I suggest the same to the guys who are going to appear for interview test. If there is nothing unusual, you need not worry about a thing.

Good luck.......