Newark local transfers

To greeneyes

Nothing to worry man! If your case is not complicated, then no need to take your lawyer with you.
Coming to medicals, they are valid for 15 months. So, what i suggest is, take a copy of them from your doctor in a sealed cover. That will work.
Also, don\'t forget to take your W2\'s & Tax Returns (last 3 years), last 3 months pay stubs and above all LETTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER. Even if they are not mentioned in the interview letter, it is better to carry all these with you. Make sure you make a copy of each of them, because the officers usually ask for copies for their records.
Any doubts, please feel free to ask.
ALL THE BEST!

Mikhail...

1. No, I did not take attorney with me.
2. I did speak to my attorney as well as company personnel after the interview and with help of both of them I got the state level company acquisition document and sent to INS officer. What is AC-21? Should I speak to my attorney about it?
3. No, the INS officer did not mention anything about amended I-140.

Thank you.

No point now...

to discuss AC-21. Your attorney may have brought it up if s/he was present. Anyway, you have sent everything that you had been asked of -now you should just wait for the approval, which should not be far away.

Good luck and take it easy!!

Thanks again for all the help guys!!!

My company was acquired twice before my 485 was filed, and also before my I 140 was filed, I believe, I am not a 100% sure on that. I will be talking to my company lawyer and I will also be getting some kind of a letter on state or federal level regarding the name changes. as for the medical, is it valid for 12 or 15 months? I am confused, I have called my doctors office for copies as of now,will keep you all posted, and all the best to everyone else awaiting interviews!!!

No interview letter yet!!!

My case was transferred on May 6th to Newark office for interview. My lawyer received the transfer notice the following week, but has still not received the interview letter so far.
One of my friends case was transferred on May 9th and he has already received the interview notice which is scheduled on June 17th.
What should I do?

did you get it yet? and another question...Jaxen Please comment

Hello,
According to this immigration.com the processing time for Newark is 150-210 days....since your cases got transfered in May shouldn\'t u expect interview in 150-210 days.i.e. i mean start counting the Newark processing days..

Also,did the AVM specifically mention that the case has been transferred for \'Interview\' my message does not talk about \'interview\' it just says that case have been teansferred to local ins (miami) and that i will be mailed a transfer notice..

Mikhail and Fib, please respond.

Mikhail,
How was your interviw on 30th? Please post your experience and comments.

Fib,
Have you and your husband received the approval letter in the mail? what timeframe did the office say it will take them to generate such approval notices?

I was told one week. But now its already two weeks and I have not received anything yet. Please share your experience.

Thank God, approved and stamped at Newark

The interview at Newark was very smooth, no questions asked.

The interview was set for 8:20, we were ushered in at 9. The interview was mere housekeeping like obtaining copies of recent medical certificate for my wife, birth and marriage certificates, copy of last H1 approval, employer letter and the last pay stub. At around 9:20, the officer said he will have to conduct another round of security check and we should hear from them within a week. My attorney jumped in saying "Officer, I was here earlier last week and they were able to conduct the check the same day". At which, he said -OK, go wait outside in the lobby.
He returned in 20 minutes with the passports stamped. He did not ask us for our EADs and APs, so we still have them.

Samku:
1) Even I had this question in my mind, are we going to get any approval notice in the mail? I forgot to ask the officer and my attorney about it. Because the stamp is my only current proof of PR really.
2) Anything else I need to do at this time like re-apply for SS cards or something although both of us have the SS cards.

Please feel free to send an e-mail if anyone has any questions which they would like to discuss offline.

Good luck to everyone and may God bless us all .

Congratulations Mikhail.

If your PP is stamped, you should be OK. You will get the GC in mail within couple of weeks. I don\'t think you should worry about the actual approval letter.

Congratulations Mikhail!

Yes, you need to apply for the new SSN cards. You will have the same SSN numbers, the only difference is that the new cards will not have the red print \'not authorized to work\'.

I am not supposed to receive an approval letter. We got our passports stamped on the day of intervie

approval notice ...

Samku,

we got our passports stamped. I don\'t think we will receive any approval notice.

Thanks,
fib

approval letter ...

opertaions,

since we got our passports stamped, I don\'t think we will get any approval letter.

Thanks,
fib

letter of good conduct

does anybody know where can I get a letter of good conduct from in Maryland ?..tried calling the police dept. but they refuse to give any such thing..the ins officer such a letter to approve my 485 since my finger prints are not good even the second time

Fib, I am cofused.....pls clarify.

In your 5/21/02 posting you said that the officer stamped you PP with \'New Sec 245\' stamp. Did he put the approval stamp also in your PP on the same day? On 21st they were not able to do the security check on the spot. Did your husband get the approval stamp in the PP on that day? Or he also got the \'New Sec 245\' stamp. Did the officer tell you that you will get your GC in mail and no approval notices will be generated for you guys? Can you please clarify.

I was interviewed on May 23

Security check was inplace at Newark office on the 23rd. Officer first stamped my passport with\'New Sec 245\' but since the confusion was clarified before we left the office, he approved my case as well and stamped my passport as approved. Both my husband and myself got approved and approval stamps on our PPs on the day of interview

please respond someone!

Hi! as I have posted previously, we have been scheduled for an interview on the 17th of June. Now the thing is, lsat year we had done our medicals, the first on the 19th and the second tests on the 21st of June. Is it ok, if I am going to take a copy of the medicals since it is not technically one year on the 17th? My lawyer says, you can do that, but they may ask you to do the tests again, and I dont think it would be logical to spend so much on tests again for all three of us,please advise someone if u have had any similar experiences. Thanks,