Newark local office transfer: tracker

New style photos?

bpx said:
CongratSSSS...

we have an interview oncoming. Do we need new photos because I seen people mentioned somehow. Any way, we submittied photos during original applications. Thanks a lot.

Want GC SOON and all friends: thank you all for help and share information.I have 2 more questions.
1) I am still confused the 2 photos because they should have our original photos on file. But, if we need to bring 2 new photos, what kind of photos and where to get?
2) Heard people didn't get stamped since the limit number. Our case is NIW based, What would you think? stamped or not ? because I really like go back our country.

Finally, please pray for our interview. I will post our experinece after interview. Really apprecated.

bpx said:
Want GC SOON and all friends: thank you all for help and share information.I have 2 more questions.
1) I am still confused the 2 photos because they should have our original photos on file. But, if we need to bring 2 new photos, what kind of photos and where to get?
2) Heard people didn't get stamped since the limit number. Our case is NIW based, What would you think? stamped or not ? because I really like go back our country.

Finally, please pray for our interview. I will post our experinece after interview. Really apprecated.

1. Even though you took and submitted your orignal photos, it doesnt hurt you to take them when you go, as no one wants to go back again to INS. You can take it at COSTCO(I have heard that guys have submitted those photos), JC Penny or Sears.

2. If you are EB3, then you might not get stamped on the date of your interview.

When is your interview, I didnt see your name in the tracker. Can you please update the tracker?

Good Luck! Take it easy!

romano said:
Dear PatPat ... Mine is EB3 Case ... Well, we all will know soon " if DHS is approving EB3 cases when the interview happens "... Please prey for qyang0828/romano, we need your prayers, help and luck, all we can get ... Thank you ...

Romano: and qyang0828 I know that you had completed attending your interview on July 22, 2005 and July 21,2005 respectively. Please post your interview experience and the questions you were asked, this will help all of us here as I see a bunch of folks waiting for their turn in August.

Good Luck!

TO : All dear comrades

Greetings to all the forum members,
below is the concise description of the interview of July 22, 2005, EB3 category, PD Apr 2001.

Came with attorney to the Peter J. Rodino buidling at 10:40 AM,
passed the security check 10:50 AM after the short wait in the queue, entered the 13th floor AOS (Adjustment of Status) waiting room.
We have been waiting for around 2 hours before we were called up, which I think is very fast, I have been waiting longer for INFOPASS appointment.
The officer who conducted the interview was very professional, courteous, organized and friendly,
after he called us, he took the fingerprint of my index finger and my signature, both went on the front and back of a form (two index fingerprints and two signatures in total for the front and the back of the form), don't know what the form was for.
Called us in the cubicle, I swore the oath, he asked the I-485 questions, checked my Tax Returns and W-2s, checked the Employment Verification Letter, took my "previous arrest" original disposition letter from court (a page with short description (just the court code of violation, no verbal description) of my violation and the court verdict on case), asked if I had had more arrests or DWI/DUI, I replied negatively, the officer advised me on the situation with the EB3 category (he just repeated that my lawyer told me), said that the Greencard will probably be sent to me directly after the start of new fiscal year in October, said won't be no more interviews, asked me if I have new photos or whether I wish to use the old "old-type" photos I submitted previously (I said that old ones are fine), we had shaken hands, and that was it. The whole interview took no more then 15 mins, and left good feelings about the interview experience, even though I felt kind of empty-handed, because the fact of waiting another 4-6 months for the process to finish is disappointing, whatever the reasons for that might be ...

The officer didn't take old EADs, APs, and I-94 (White Card). He stamped the passport with Alien Number and the date. Officer advised to take appointment for new EAD, as my old one is expiring soon.

Also, I had submitted my medicals, which I have never submitted initially. Officer had opened the sealed envelope in front of me, and carefully checked the envelope enclosed paperwork.

Best regards to the forum members expecting the interview, and I'm sure everything will go fine with your interview, just prepare all the papers properly.

Specially grateful to UnitedNations and his friend(s) for the support, and to everybody who contributed to the forum and helped us the forum members and guests to be more confident during this long and hard process, and the interview.

Separate thanks to Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna for creating the ImmigrationPortal forum.

Sincerely,
Romano

P.S. If your papers are in the Newark waiting for the interview, DO NOT initiate status inquiry, reportedly as by qyang0828, the documents will be sent back to Vermont Consular Center and then back to Newark, and you will waste another year. Once the papers in Newark - just wait for your interview letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
romano said:
below is the concise description of the interview of July 22, 2005, EB3 category, PD Apr 2001.

passed the security check 10:50 AM after the short wait in the queue, entered the 13th floor AOS (Adjustment of Status) waiting room.
We have been waiting for around 2 hours before we were called up, which I think is very fast, I have been waiting longer for INFOPASS appointment.
The officer who conducted the interview was very professional, courteous, organized and friendly,
after he called us, he took the fingerprint of my index finger and my signature, both went on the front and back of a form (two index fingerprints and two signatures in total for the front and the back of the form), don't know what the form was for.
Called us in the cubicle, I swore the oath, he asked the I-485 questions, checked my Tax Returns and W-2s, checked the Employment Verification Letter, took my "previous arrest" original disposition letter from court (a page with short description (just the court code of violation, no verbal description) of my violation and the court verdict on case), asked if I had had more arrests or DWI/DUI, I replied negatively, the officer advised me on the situation with the EB3 category (he just repeated that my lawyer told me), said that the Greencard will probably be sent to me directly after the start of new fiscal year in October, said won't be no more interviews, asked me if I have new photos or whether I wish to use the old "old-type" photos I submitted previously (I said that old ones are fine), we had shaken hands, and that was it. The whole interview took no more then 15 mins, and left good feelings about the interview experience, even though I felt kind of empty-handed, because the fact of waiting another 4-6 months for the process to finish is disappointing, whatever the reasons for that might be ...

The officer didn't take old EADs, APs, and I-94 (White Card). He stamped the passport with Alien Number and the date. Officer advised to take appointment for new EAD, as my old one is expiring soon.

Best regards to the forum members expecting the interview, and I'm sure everything will go fine with your interview, just prepare all the papers properly.

Specially grateful to UnitedNations and his friend(s) for the support, and to everybody who contributed to the forum and helped us the forum members and guests to be more confident during this long and hard process, and the interview.

Separate thanks to Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna for creating the ImmigrationPortal forum.

Sincerely,
Romano

P.S. If your papers are in the Newark waiting for the interview, DO NOT initiate status inquiry, reportedly as by qyang0828, the documents will be sent back to Vermont Consular Center and then back to Newark, and you will waste another year. Once the papers in Newark - just wait for your interview letter.

CONGRATULATIONS! Here we go Romano! I was expecting this email from you a couple of days back. I know its disappointing that you didnt get the stamp but still atleast the major headache is over.

One question for you. How about if you want to travel to India until you get your physical card, can you travel to India with the stamp that you have received on Friday and enter US without any issue or do we still need to have AP to come back.

Thanks again!

TO : Want GC Soon

I don't think the stamp mean anything except for I don't have to show up for another interview in October or after.
Regarding travel if I were you, and you had interview before October and your passport didn't get stamped, I wouldn't travel till I get the GreenCard, even though, theoretically, EAD and AP stays valid for you even after interview, as your status remains the same - "pending AOS" ...

romano said:
I don't think the stamp mean anything except for I don't have to show up for another interview in October or after.
Regarding travel if I were you, and you had interview before October and your passport didn't get stamped, I wouldn't travel till I get the GreenCard, even though, theoretically, EAD and AP stays valid for you even after interview, as your status remains the same - "pending AOS" ...

My interviw was done on July 7th.
They did not do any knid of stamp on passport. SO it it ok? my interview was all OK and as per office they will send letter to my home in Octomber and then I have to take appoiment for stamping.

So your stamp is for green card number or does it mean anything?

TO : hello99

Dear Hello99

I think the officers didn't make the stamp yet then you had your interview, and they probably only recently started that precedure. The stamp just has A# number (the same found in your case) and the date, it's not the "Greencard" stamp - i.e. the stamp doesn't give you the status of Resident Alien.

So don't worry about it - we are still "not resident aliens" ...

Sincerely
Romano

Congratulations to Romano. Its not a good thing to wait for another 2 months.

All I-485 applicants have an A number. Is the A number stamped on your passport is same as your I-485? I think these A numbers are temporary.

Did the officer ask you the original receipt notice of I-485? Mine is with attorney. Should I get it from him?

thanks for posting your interview experience

TO : Mr. 4328210

Dear Mr. 4328210

The officer didn't ask for any other papers, but Tax Returns, EVL, W-2, and my passport, plus, I chosen to use old photos, otherwise I could have submitted the new ones.

Also, I had submitted my medicals, which I have never submitted initially. Officer had opened the sealed envelope in front of me, and carefully checked the envelope enclosed paperwork.

A-number stamped in passport was the same as I-485 A-number.

And no, the officer didn't ask original receipt notice of I-485, or any other receipts/notices from INS of any kind.

Hope that covers all your questions

Sincerely,
Romano

Arrest

Romano,

Can i ask the reason for your arrest record ? was it a mis-demeanor ? I have pending interview, got a class c misdemenor arrest record dating like 5 years back. I have a court disposition that says case is dismissed, actually case stands expunged also but appears this has no implication on immigration, as case is transfered based on the record i think.

Many thanks !

romano said:

Sincerely,
Romano

Congratulations!

All the best to you! Hope you enjoy the freedom for the rest of your life!
It' very informative post. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
Good luck to your future!

BlueGirl

romano said:

Sincerely,
Romano

;) :) :)

Hi all! This is my first time in this forum and I'm finding it very helpful! My case was transfered to Newark on Jan 12, 2005 and I'm waiting for interview. Can someone tell me how to access the tracker so I can input my info and check others? Thank you and good luck to all of us!

Interview for Advanced Parole

Have any of you even heard of this? This sounds so weird to me. My 485 was transferred to Newark on June 1st 2005. My AP was also transferred later. I received a notice of FP 20 days back.

Yesterday I received a letter from Newark for an interview for AP. They have asked to carry some of the documents.

They have also asked to carry "Proof of travel" What should I carry? I intend to travel in Nov. I wouldn't have tickets for it on Aug 25 (interview date)

Even if the interview was close to Nov, or my travel was close to Aug 25, why would they ask for proof or travel? Can't one get AP on hang for just a safe purpose like incase if you want to travel you should have the AP and not have to rush for emergency AP and be at their mercy?

Please help.

Thanks

TO : InUS&Frustrated

InUS&Frustrated said:
Romano,

Can i ask the reason for your arrest record ? was it a mis-demeanor ? I have pending interview, got a class c misdemenor arrest record dating like 5 years back. I have a court disposition that says case is dismissed, actually case stands expunged also but appears this has no implication on immigration, as case is transfered based on the record i think.

Many thanks !

Dear InUS&Frustrated

I personally think that with court disposition that says case is dismissed, there is no case. Bring the court disposition to the interview, thay probably will see your arrest in "arrests database" of (whoever provides that data to INS), you will show the officer the court disposition that says case was dismissed, and that should be it about the arrest and the case...

Sincerely,
Romano

Hi All,

My case was transfered on 07/11 and I got notice from Service center. Is my attorney also receive the same notification? How can I check whether Newark center receive my file on not?

Please let me know the procedure.

Regards,

s_aich said:
Hi All,

My case was transfered on 07/11 and I got notice from Service center. Is my attorney also receive the same notification? How can I check whether Newark center receive my file on not?

Please let me know the procedure.

Regards,

Attorney doesnt get the transfer notice. Try to wait for atleast a month before you can take a infopass appt and find out if your file has reached Newark.

Good Luck!

Want GC Soon said:
Attorney doesnt get the transfer notice. Try to wait for atleast a month before you can take a infopass appt and find out if your file has reached Newark.

Good Luck!
Thanks want gc soon. Can you kindly give me detail steps please? Like what
should I select while scheduling infopass appointment? Do I need to carry any
document? Can I enquire about myself and my dependent at the same time?

Thanks for your help.

s_aich said:
Thanks want gc soon. Can you kindly give me detail steps please? Like what
should I select while scheduling infopass appointment? Do I need to carry any
document? Can I enquire about myself and my dependent at the same time?

Thanks for your help.

S_Aich,
Go to the link: http://infopass.uscis.gov/
and click here for english. Then click here for making an appointment. You would need to give your passport number.

Just carry your 485 receipt notice and EAD/Passport. Yes you can enquire about you and your wife at the same time, but take your wife with you too. One appointment is enough for both you and your wife for inquiry.

Good Luck!

transfered to Newark, NJ

s_aich,

My 485 case also transfered to Newark, NJ on 07/11/05.(same day as yours).
I got appointment on 08/11/05, to make sure that they received my papers.

Want GC Soon,
Thanks very much for info.
mka :(