(Newark) Interview coming up -some doubts-Pls share me your thoughts

fams

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
The online status has been updated for my husband and me , on Friday, Jan 22, that our cases have been transferred to the local office and our interviews will be scheduled. I have some doubts:
1) Is the oath ceremony on the same day as the interview, in Newark? I saw a posting to the contrary on the portal.Thats why the doubt.
2) My minor son is presently in India with his grandparents. Does he need to be present in the US in order to apply for his passport once we get ours ?

Please advise
THankyou

2) My minor son is presently in India with his grandparents. Does he need to be present in the US in order to apply for his passport once we get ours ?
He won't become a US citizen until he is physically in the US and living with you. Then he and you and your spouse all have to be physically present at the post office or passport agency when applying for his passport.

Hi,
The online status has been updated for my husband and me , on Friday, Jan 22, that our cases have been transferred to the local office and our interviews will be scheduled. I have some doubts:
1) Is the oath ceremony on the same day as the interview, in Newark? I saw a posting to the contrary on the portal.Thats why the doubt.

THankyou

Yes, same day.

Hi,

Please advise
THankyou

I think the case you refer to is "Pune2Nj". He/She requested the oath to be delayed because he had to travel overseas because of some family emergency and did not want to apply for passport/visa etc. By default it is same day oath. The only way it is delayed by at most a day is if you dont have time to make the last oath ceremony (you finish your interview late enough that you dont have time for same day oath).

Then he and you and your spouse all have to be physically present at the post office or passport agency when applying for his passport.

When I applied for PP for my US born child, neither the child nor spouse had to come to PO.
But then, my case could be different, since the child was US born.