New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
araina77,

Did you have more details on the 7/12/01 case you mentioned? When was it moved to NY DOL? When did it got certified? You PD is earlies than his. What did your company's laywer say about this? This case may give us some hope. Thanks.

Re: Petition

Originally posted by meg_z
Mr. Khanna emailed me back. His staff will set up a petition for us.

Meg_z,
Thanks for doing that. There are so many of our friends who filed Labor in NY are frustrated and dont want to hear news at all as all the news coming from NY labor is very bad.

Once the petion is up in the site , we have to present with very good opinions from all of our friends who has very valuable suggestions to improve the hopeless processing speed in NY labor.

Thanks,
cubicle fun

Inside details

Guys ,

Here are details from my company attorney who knows a lot of people at the DOL.It seems that the NY DOL is on a process improvement drive over the next 6 months. They have picked 800 cases ( kind of lottery at our mercy ) between April 2001 and April 2002 ( RIR).

Simultaneously they will process April 2001 cases for the next 1 year or so.Hard luck for most of us who have filed from NY Labor.If we are lucky we might be one of those 800 lucky people.

This is the reason we are seeing cases of July and maybe April 2002 also getting approved but others will have to wait.

Thank you

KP14,
Thank you very much for this informations. Thank you for keeping this fourm alive with informations.

Good luck,

keep giving us updates

folks,

please keep on giving us updates as and when you hear any further information on the labor certifications.

Anyone can give any rough idea of how many applications were filed for RIR Professionals between april 2001 and april 2002? That would give us a good idea of the amount of coverage in this 'lottery'.

SUPPER LOTTO

I think I will start buying Supper LOTTO tickets... .the probablity of winning a million dollers is more than NY DOL LOTTO.....

Any update on NY Labor Petition

Is any one putting together a petiton. Please do something to express our concerns. Lets hope some one will look into it.

LC approved!

I was just informed that my labor certification was approved. I don't know the exact detail but I think my application was filed on June 6, 2001 and the lawyer received the approval on May 12, 2003. :)

Congrats & any update in the status

This forum congratulates hopeny2003 for beating the odds. Good luck.

Guys , anybody has any update regarding how long does it take to complete the april 2001 cases and move forward to "real June"?

Guys also , do you have any ideas regarding how long does it take to reach april 2002?

Thanks,

I spoke to a person in labor department. She said some labor dept in washington had picked some application at random for various time periods and processed them. She said they have asked for some more random cases to process. She says ny labor is a mess right now and you will see ambigious labor certifcations cleared. She also said realistically speaking the remaining april will take rest of the year.

Congrats to hopeny2003! Good luck for your 140/485.

cubiclefun &:

My guess is it will take at least another year for NY to clear april/01. If you look MD and NJ threads, MD took 4 months on 4/26/01, another 3 and half on 4/27/01. NJ took 6 months on 4/27/01, 7 months on 4/30/01. NY has much more 4/01 LC pending than NJ, almost double NJ according murthy's site. Unless NY has more resource, which I doubt, it will take at least one more year to reach May/01.

In addition, NY seems to put more efforts on non-RIR. In about a year, non-RIR moved from 3/1998 to 3/2000 while RIR stays on 4/01.

Those 800 'lotto' cases were picked in 12/02 for 4 month 'process improvement drive'. It has ended in 3/03. Currently NY SWA works only on 4/25/01.

NY has bottlenecks besides 4/01. In Sep/01(?), there was a regulation for non-RIR to transfer to RIR, so Sep/01 is likely another big hump. (correct me if I 'm wrong)

PERM won't help. From the latest PERM news, it won't be easy to convert RIR cases to PERM cases.

Sorry from all these disappointing. :mad: :mad: :mad:

lets do some charity

Lets pool some money and send it to the poor souls at NY DOL as incentive... This is the only way NY DOL will speed up the processing..

A Penny for each case process......

April 25th cases are done

I called NY SESA. The lady informed that they have reached cases on April 26th. They have moved from 25th to 26th in a month.

They have one more file cabinet filled with April 26th. The major delay will be April 27th and April 30th.

They do not know how long April 27th and April 30th will take.

They are trying to finish the April cases in next 4-5 months if possible.

They have cleared most of the May 2001 cases and worked on some June 2001 cases as well.

Their major priority is clearing April 26th, 27th and 30th......

So lets hang on !!!

You can find the phone# somewhere in this thread. Sorry I don't remember. NY SESA complained too many phone calls. We may organize people in this thread, call them once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.