New York City Transfers

gclord2002 said:
Hi Newyorker12, I am eab3, 245i, just checked online and case got approved yesterday for both my wife and me. It's has been 19 years of Journey finially came to en end yesterday. Thanks to you all.

my pripiry date was November 1996, LC approval is 2000, i 140 march 2002, transfer to NYC June 2004, interview at NYC May 2005, Transfer back to VSC october 31, approval of green card is May 15 2006. Once again thanks to you all and hang in there your time will come.

The VSC has taken back a significant number of I-485 Adjustment of Status cases from local USCIS offices. Mr. Canney specifically mentioned 11,000 cases from New York City and 7,000 from Washington D.C. These are cases that were sent to the local office for personal interviews. The VSC is going to review them with an eye toward the possibility of waiving the personal interviews. Those who cannot have the interviews waived will be returned to the local offices to schedule the interviews.

Hi

It's been all pretty stupid waiting for the GC, We all are freakingly talented and inteeligent immigrants hang around in this so called country of immigrants waiting a lifetime for our right to have an american dream. by the time we have the right the fire within us to reach that americsan dream is already downhill.

I don't know why it is called as the greatest super power when this department can't do squat in the name of security checks delaying unneccesarily for years. The so called my third world country like India can do a better job than this.

Newyorker012 said:
Hi

Is it me or is it really really quiet in here. Come on folks keep the thread active.

Newyorker012

Yes it is. As I posted before, my interview is scheduled for 7/6/06. My next challenge is to prove that my prior arrest has been expunged. The case happened over 10 years ago, and all I got from the lawyer that handled the case was just a copy of the court disposition, stamped with a big "EXPUNGED" on it. The problem is that I need a "certified copy" of the disposition. I contacted the lawyer, and he said he only retains the records for 6 years, so he doesn't have it.

I contacted the city where the incident happened, and they told me that if the case had been sealed, they could get me a copy, but since it was "expunged", there is no record of it.

Right now I plan to bring to the interview the copies that I have, and I hope that would be sufficient.

Any advice?

NEW MESSAGE from USCIS:
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On December 5, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Good point! Mine was 365 to 540 days in VSC. I`ve got no LUD change.
I think they will give us GC in less then 365 days from now on.

Finaly, after eight years we got e-mails that our green card was approved!(EB 3,VSC)
PD April 1998
I140 and 485 filed October 2002
I 140 approved Dec.2003
GC approved 06-01-06
In beetween few fingerprints,EADs,Inquiries...
Done...

This approval was for my friend Vuki, transferred VSV>NYC>VSC (OCT04>16NOV05). THEY ARE TOUCHING OURS CASES.

Congratulations Jha

Enjoy after long wait, What was your PD, you have mentioned two different ones, Can you confirm which is your PD

Thank You
Newyorker012

Mimi

32 Billions Dollars for DHS and...
...Marshall amendment (HA 950)
Summary: Increases funding (by offset) for USCIS' employment verification program by $20 million. 358 – 63 PASSED

A lot of money for a such lazy people. :eek:

jhawilla said:
32 Billions Dollars for DHS and...
...Marshall amendment (HA 950)
Summary: Increases funding (by offset) for USCIS' employment verification program by $20 million. 358 – 63 PASSED

A lot of money for a such lazy people. :eek:

Guys, any idea how long it takes for DHS to send the physical Green card after the aproval notice? Hopefully, not another six month to year as I read some of the post.

thx

our I 485 (EB3)case was approved on April 24th 2006. After that they had sent us biometrics appointmenmt letter for Brooklyn NY ASC which we are rescehduling because we were out of town.

we received the biometrics letter in June 2006.

Does any one have any experience resceduling biometrics appointment at brooklyn NY ASC?

K12ven,

As I know, FP can be done 87 days after the original scheduled date. I did my 2nd FP in Brooklyn one week after the scheduled date, there was no problem. I don't know the policy for the Biometrics, I guess it will be ok. Why not go before the date and have a try. You can ask them if you can do it after the date if they don't allow you to do. Good luck.

Ny-NIW

NY-NIW,

Thanks for the info. We have alraedy sent the biometrics appointment letter (original) to Brooklyn ASC for re-scheduling. Hopefully they respond to us quickly so we can have our biometrics done.

I don't think they will do our biometrics without the original appointment letter, correct?

K12Ven

K12ven,

I would suggest you go there with the copy of your appointment (I suppose you made a copy). As far as I know, it should be no problem. They have the appointment record in their system.

Best luck,

NY-NIW.

Case transferred - interview done

My interview took place last year, when the state department was out of numbers. Finally, my prirority date became current as of 1st of June.

Does anyone know, how long does it typically take for them to approve. During the interview i was told, once the numbers become available they will approve the case, and now there wont be any additional paper work required. In essense, case was held back since numbers were unavailable/

Can we do something?

k12ven said:
our I 485 (EB3)case was approved on April 24th 2006. After that they had sent us biometrics appointmenmt letter for Brooklyn NY ASC which we are rescehduling because we were out of town.

we received the biometrics letter in June 2006.

Does any one have any experience resceduling biometrics appointment at brooklyn NY ASC?

Hi K12ven, our case were aproved last month which is exactly one year after our interview last year. On our approval letter it says that before they can send us the green card they might require biomatrics informations (finger print, pictures etc). At this time do not take any action, wait until to hear from us. If you do not get your green card or letter for biometrics within 90 days, call us the 800 number.

we gave our pictures/medicals during our interview last year and finger print two months before the interview.
Questions, do they need biometrics or they will send us the green card?

thx

NY-NIW said:
K12ven,

I would suggest you go there with the copy of your appointment (I suppose you made a copy). As far as I know, it should be no problem. They have the appointment record in their system.

Best luck,

NY-NIW.

Thanks NY-NIW. We have a copy of appoinment letter.