New York City Transfers

Sorry wrong info for I-140 approval--my mistake

RD : 01/10/03
ND : 02/07/03
I 140 : 03/18/03 (approved)
Fp1 : 03/26/04
2 EAD's approved & No AP applied.
TD : 07/19/04
ID : soon.... I guess (God knows really)

Man I am so sorry again
wrong info about my FP (sorry)- this time I am awake :eek: and checking it twice. I believe I am getting dizzy with the whole :confused: backlog :confused: situation around us.

:) :) :) :) :)

RD : 01/10/03
ND : 02/07/03
I 140 : 03/18/03 (approved)
Fp1 : 03/26/03
2 EAD's approved & No AP applied.
TD : 07/19/04
ID : soon.... I guess (God knows really)

On Name check

J4LIFE95,
Could you please give the details on how u contacted Sen.Schumer and numbers for name check enquiry, I had interview in august, the officer said name check is pending, he said it might take a month to 3, Please respond as u get time, i need to followup and get over with this.
thank you

Sriss,

I went to Sen. Charles Schumer's website you can find all the information there, he has the forms to fill out of find the status of your case, using the privacy act waiver form, just print it out and fill in the information and mail it to his address in manhattan. It took me 5 months to get a response from immigration which he forwarded to me.. I don't have numbers for name check inquiry, I never did that.

This one is for immigration status check

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
interviewed at GC, not so well

My husband and I were interviewed at Garden City yesterday. Our lawyer went with us. The officer's last name is James. She's a black lady. She asked lots of questions:
* tax returns
* emp letters
* my salary
* the most advanced degree certificate or diploma
* questioned my husband whether he had maintained legal status (in detail)
* our parents first name
* our birth day
* medical exam

She collected the documents from us. We think she even took my husband's I-94 of last entry (we found out this after we went out the building)
It went ok until she stood up and said "I need to do more research and will notify you our decision in 6 weeks". My lawyer tried to push her to stamp our passport. She said " I can't do that".
My lawyer said there is nothing to worry about, in 6 weeks our cases will be approved.
I'm not so sure. I smell something wrong.
It seems no one came out happy after interview yesterday.
I don't know when our ordeal would end.
I'm going to contact Senator if I don't get any response from her in 6 weeks.

Is there any one interviewed by officer James and what's your result?
Is she nice or not? Yesterday she seems to be sick, either had a cold or allergy.

Transfer of case to NY City

I-485 ND is Sept 23, 2003 for me and wife
We have not received a FP notice yet
Our case has been transferred to NY Office May 4,2004
I-140 was approved
Got first EAD and AP
For cases transferred to Local Offices, who schedules
the FP? Is it normal to get this kind of wait time for FP?

Inputs will be appreciated

Thanks

Hi there, please help with NYC office

Hi everyone... we just sent the i485 with all the other documents to 26 federal plaza one week ago... we confirmed the delivery on Oct 12.
How long does it take to them to send the confirmation number, processiong number or something like that to us? :confused:
In how much time have you gotten your EAD from that office???
Thanx a lot

I485 TRansf To NYC

Case Date 04/01/01
My Case Transferred to NYC on 08/30/04
485 date is 05/30/03
1 Fp 04/07/04
2 Employmen Authorization Card 08/06/04
How long to do the interview.please reply

NYC transfer

Guys,

My case has been transferred for interview to NYC on 05/07. No news yet.

Recd letter says' premilimnary processing has been completed'

Any idea on when interview will be scheduled.

Inputs will be appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I have just received a "welcome notice" letter from INS for my 2 sons(online message did not change).They should receive their cards in the mail in 3 weeks.
No "welcome notice" for me or my husband yet...still waiting.I hope we will receive it soon.
AD:08/09/2004
CO:??/??/??
CR:??/??/??

Tata 2003

Dear Tata2003, I was hoping you had already received your GC ..but your passport has been stampped, right? So it takes at least 3 months to get the actual card..
I am still waiting for my Interview Letter, RD 06/02/02, TD 09/23/2003.
Will find out more (hopefully) at the next infopass inquiry at the beginning of November.
All the best to everybody, and yes, keep posting, I found out so many things from this site!

INSTANT said:
Dear Tata2003, I was hoping you had already received your GC ..but your passport has been stampped, right? So it takes at least 3 months to get the actual card..
I am still waiting for my Interview Letter, RD 06/02/02, TD 09/23/2003.
Will find out more (hopefully) at the next infopass inquiry at the beginning of November.
All the best to everybody, and yes, keep posting, I found out so many things from this site!
No,I have not received it yet,but I think it will happen soon.We already took a trip to our original country with our stamps and we had no problems at all.
I really hope that your case is approved soon.
Good Luck.
Interview and approval Date in NYC:08/09/2004
I called the 1-800 # and a inquiry was made on our case,I received a Welcome notice for my kids one week after calling them.

Welcome Notice...

We have received a Welcome Notice for me and my husband today,as I said before we received our kids' Wecolme Notices yesterday.We are now waiting for the cards...they say in max. 3 weeks.I will post details...

Good Luck to all!!!
RD:02/01/2002
ND:02/15/2002
ID:08/09/2004 in NYC
Welcome Letters:10/20/2004
CO:??
CR:??

Tata2003

My case was transfered to NY local office on June 22, no news yet... Meanwhile I have received an appointment for EAD renewal, got my second EAD today and made an infopass appointment to check on my case on November 4th. I hope they clear up on my case a bit. I'll keep posted regarding my trip to the local office. :rolleyes:

ead, ap

Hello,

Once I-485 is transferred to local office, should we apply EAD, AP in local office or can we send to VSC.

Pls help.

Hi Fellow GC_waiters

Hi Folks

Hey "havetowait" please also inform me what happend during the infopass inquiry. My case was transferred on July19th 2004, so it almost the same time as yours & my RD is 01/10/2003.

And question by "goanker" is a good one too-- please also post details when you get the answer to that.

People like ourselves whose cases have been transferred to local NYC are in a black hole I guess. No one seems to have the answers to when & how long does it usually takes for and interview or what happens next. Please post details if anyone has any.

Signing off
Newyorker

goankar said:
Hello,

Once I-485 is transferred to local office, should we apply EAD, AP in local office or can we send to VSC.

Pls help.
If you have to apply for a new EAD you should submit your EAD application to where your files are located rigth now.
When our case was transferred to NYC office,we send our EAD application to them but we received a EAD receipt from Missouri Service Center,that is normal.They probably will send you a notice for"biometrics",just follow their instructions.

*Our GC was approved 7 months after applied for 3rd EAD.