New York City Transfers

USCIS NYC i485 processing time

Is it my imagination or has the USCIS moved the online NYC I485 processing date backwards? It used to say they were processing cases with a RD of June 02 but it now says Feb 02. When I called them up they said they were processing Sep 02 and reminded me that they consider my TD to be my new RD. They expect them to get to Nov 02 (my TD) over the next few months

- deguchi

:confused:

Re: USCIS NYC i485 processing time

Originally posted by deguchi
Is it my imagination or has the USCIS moved the online NYC I485 processing date backwards? It used to say they were processing cases with a RD of June 02 but it now says Feb 02. When I called them up they said they were processing Sep 02 and reminded me that they consider my TD to be my new RD. They expect them to get to Nov 02 (my TD) over the next few months

- deguchi

:confused:
No,it is not your imagination,there is something wrong.Last time I checked it about 1 week ago was showing processing cases with RD as of may/9/2002 and yesterday was 02/14/02.I hate the way they do things!!!With RD of 02/15/02 I was happy to see that, but if they are looking on TD, mine is only 01/06/03......

Tata2003,
My RD is 9/01 but USCIS doesn't seem to care about that. They say that they go by the TD which for me is 11/02. I have written, called, and gone in person many many times and always get the same response about them looking at the TD and not the RD.
Sigh.
-deguchi

Too Bad...

I just think this is not fair to people who started their process before others to be at the end of the line just because it was transferred.
After all Iam feeling sick now(depressing)because of this delay on my process.After 6 years stuck here,without permission to visit my country I feel very upset.

Re: Too Bad...

Originally posted by Tata2003
I just think this is not fair to people who started their process before others to be at the end of the line just because it was transferred.
After all Iam feeling sick now(depressing)because of this delay on my process.After 6 years stuck here,without permission to visit my country I feel very upset.

I actually think that you will hear back within a couple of months as recent transfers to NYC are being processed in Missouri and they seem to be processing interview dates in a couple of months (don't worry your interview will be in NYC) with the interview date in a couple of months. Mine, unfortunately, was selected to be processed in NYC and they are completely unpredictable. It could take anywhere between 3-24 months with them.

Keep your fingers crossed and if all goes well you should hear back relatively soon and have your interview done by June
;)

Hi deguchi

I hope you are right,as I received my 3rd EAD from Missouri SC it makes sense.
I really hope that we all get approved soon,we had suffering enougth.
Good lucky to you!

Tata2003

status changes on web

After the transfer, do you still check status online? My case was saying transferred to New York NY on 01/15/2004. Just checked online again and found the following:
On February 18, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
Do you think that they may keep their promise? Just dreaming about it. They may change the days as they did to the I-140: from 120-180 to 180-240, then 365-540...

still the same

Since January 6 2003 the online message is still the same.
"On january 6 2003 we transferred your I485 application to ajust status to our office in NYC for them to schedule and conduct your interview,scheduling can take several months...." bla,bla,bla...bla,bla,bla...
I hope they are looking into our cases.
Good lucky!

My online message is the same as Tata's and has not changed since it was transferred in Nov 02. Given that it has already been 15 months and I haven't heard back they may be running a little behind :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe one more year??

I guess if they are looking our TD and not our RD we will probably have one more year to wait to be schedule for a interview...
They are just looking RD as of february 2002(that is my RD but TD is almost one year later!!!)

EAD transferred

Has anybody heard such a thing of EAD is transferred to local office?

Our file was transferred to NYC on July 28, 2003. My spouse got a 2nd FP notice and did the FP in September. We have not heard from them since.

My company had filed the EAD for me and my husband. Files are submitted to VSC. Since our EAD expired on February 6. We went to Federal Plaza to get an interim EAD. Today, the online message for EAD changed to they transferred EAD to NYC office.

Please share your experience. Thanks a lot!:confused: :mad:

There is always something new with INS...

Our EAD application for our 3rd one was submitted to NYC office where our files are since transferred on jan. 6,2003.
For our surprise NYC forward our application to Missouri SC to be processing there.Now,instead a EAC# we have a EAD with MSC#
There is always something new from them!!!
No 2nd FP notice yet!

In your case is hard to understand...They probably sent your EAD to a wrong place...I guess...

Since my file was transferred to NYC in 2002, I received all my EAD from NYC office (one interim and 3rd EAD).

I had to go to NYC office just to get EAD card... I believe they will send you an appointment letter just to get EAD card instead of mailing it... pain pain pain pain pain.

Nothing but problems...:eek:

Only good thing is that there are much less people waiting outside the federal plaza. When I went for the interim EAD in 2002, I had to wait "8" hours "inside". I think it's much faster now. NYC office is improving... (too late for me but still it's a good thing):D

Hana, thank you for your information. We did go and get the iEAD. Waited whole day inside for it. There is not much improvement in my book. So we have to go back to get EAD? That is such a pain!:(

lucky1234

Sorry to hear that you had to wait for a long time..

Yes, they told me to come for each EAD and AP.. but never called me for the real interview.. 15 months... too long

I do not know whether it also applies to your case (each case is different). I hope it won't and you get approved without applying for another EAD;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Criminal Background Check

Friends !! Does Criminal Background check, Name Check and Finger print check all mean the same or are they all different entitities??

How long does it take for the Criminal Background check to be recieved by USCIS ?

How long does it take for the finger print check ?

update

Originally posted by Hana
Sorry to hear that you had to wait for a long time..

Yes, they told me to come for each EAD and AP.. but never called me for the real interview.. 15 months... too long

Hana,
I was looking at an old post and I thought your greencard interview was scheduled for March. Was that interview for something else? I still haven't had my interview scheduled and since our time lines are very similar I was hoping that mine would follow soon.
Thanks,
deguchi

PS. I received my 3rd AP by mail but had to go in for my 3rd EAD. If you have to go in to Federal Plaza then you can check in on the status of your 485 application while you are there (unit 245). You have to fill in a sheet and go up to the counter. If the officer you meet is nice (low probability) he can actually give you quite a bit of information e.g. if they have received your file, has it already been assigned to someone, etc.

Approved

Deguchi,

Yes, I got approved after the interview.
I waited, waited, and waited for a looooooooooong time, but the interview lasted only about 10 min. max. I did not have to open my bag.. just passport and a letter from the employer... stating current salary..etc.
I had to wait (again) another 2 hours for her to come back and stamp my passport.... but I GOT IT.

YOURS WILL BE THE NEXT!!!!!

PS did you contact the Senator????