New York City Transfers

Transferred to NYC

My 485 was transferred to NYC on 11/18/02 to schedule an interview and I have never heard anything since. I have gone multiple times to the NY office and they said that mine is one of 3000 cases that are awaiting scheduling. They said more recent cases are being sent to Missouri. Has anyone with a case transferred after 11/02 had their interview scheduled?
Thanks

Transferred to NYC

My 485 was transferred to NYC on 11/18/02 to schedule an interview and I have never heard anything since. I have gone multiple times to the NY office and they said that mine is one of 3000 cases that are awaiting scheduling. They said more recent cases are being sent to Missouri. Has anyone with a case transferred after 11/02 had their interview scheduled?
Thanks

Senator?

Did you try to contact the Senator ?

I do not know the Senator actually helped me to get the interview but you should try.

Hana,
Could you please let me know when your interview is? I want to get a feeling for how far in future the interviews are scheduled.
Also, how do you figure out which sentors office to call? My RD is 09/01 and TD 11/02 and neither calling BCIS nor going to Federal Plaza has provided any information.
Thanks

Hang in there!!

Deguchi

My lawyer picked the Senator.
Actually his office did not get back to us and I am not sure if his office actually helped me to get the interview....

My interview will be in March and my 3rd FP will be in Feb.

I know you won't get any answer from 1-800 number especially after my 485 was transferred... i dont' think they can access the transferred file.

Your case is very similar to mine.. and I really understand your pain and hope you will hear form them soon (I think you will).

Contact the Senator... talk to your lawyer. I am sure he knows whom you should contact. (I was even thinking about writing to the President...)

It's really dark and long wait but our deguchi is almost there. :)

Same thing...

After my case was transferred to a NY office on january/2003 took me 11 months to hear from them...
We renewed our 3rd EAD and one month letter we sent the application,we received a letter from BCIS for us to call them and schedule appointment for Biometrics,we did that and went for it about 10 days ago.They didn't send us our new EAD yet and no interview appointment neither.
Still waiting
RD i485 is 02/15/02
TD no NY local office is 01/06/03:confused:

Originally posted by Hana
Tara2003

What is Biometrics?
I made myself the same question when a read the BCIS letter."BIOMETRICS" means digital photo,signature and fingerprint (just one finger-pointer).I had a meeting with my lawyer last friday and he said this is a good sign,I mean,to have BIOMETRICS done.He also said that we will be approved in one month.WE HOPE!
We did our EAD renewal by ourselves at this time and we are still waiting for it.Ours will expire 3/4/04.

Biometrics

Tara2003

Thank you for the explanation of BIOMETRICS.

I did e-file my "3RD" EAD but they did not asked me to do BIOMETRICS.. instead they simply asked me to come to see them... they really love me.....

Hope you get your EAD soon. :)

Re: Biometrics

Originally posted by Hana
Tara2003

Thank you for the explanation of BIOMETRICS.

I did e-file my "3RD" EAD but they did not asked me to do BIOMETRICS.. instead they simply asked me to come to see them... they really love me.....

Hope you get your EAD soon. :)
Good for you.I keep saying that "each case is a case".They ask many things for some people and like nothing for others.When we received the Biometrics letter I got really surprised because it came from Missouri and not from New York where my files are and I should go for interview....Do you get it?

Processing in Missouri

The last time I went to Federal Plaza (Nov 03) to try and get a status update (my eight futile visit) the officer mentioned that recent transfers are being processed in Missouri due to the backlog in NYC. He said that there were about 3000 pending transfers that would still be processed in NYC and the rest were being sent to Missouri where he expected them to be processed quicker. Unfortunatley mine was one of the 3000 cases they decided to process through the painfully slow NYC process.

He also mentioned that for transfers they consider the TD to be the new RD and since they are now only up to RD of June 02 (and my TD was Nov 02) they considered my application to be within the regular processing time and would not look into it.

Before I left he did ask me whether he had answered all my questions and provided outstanding service.......

Re: Processing in Missouri

Originally posted by deguchi
The last time I went to Federal Plaza (Nov 03) to try and get a status update (my eight futile visit) the officer mentioned that recent transfers are being processed in Missouri due to the backlog in NYC. He said that there were about 3000 pending transfers that would still be processed in NYC and the rest were being sent to Missouri where he expected them to be processed quicker. Unfortunatley mine was one of the 3000 cases they decided to process through the painfully slow NYC process.

He also mentioned that for transfers they consider the TD to be the new RD and since they are now only up to RD of June 02 (and my TD was Nov 02) they considered my application to be within the regular processing time and would not look into it.

Before I left he did ask me whether he had answered all my questions and provided outstanding service.......
Let me get it...If they sent my 3rdEAD application to be processed in Missouri due to the backlog in NYC will that mean interview in Missouri???it does not make sense to me.We are still waiting for the EADs,and we hope the Biometrics info. is for a Green Card (maybe without interview...is that possible?) Iam sooooooo confused!!!!

Re: Re: Processing in Missouri

Originally posted by Tata2003
Even though processing is in Missouri the interview will still be conducted in NYC. They said they wanted to free up NYC to conduct more interviews by moving the processing and scheduling of interviews to Missouri.

Hope Missouri is indeed faster and you hear back soon.

Re: Re: Re: Processing in Missouri

Even though processing is in Missouri the interview will still be conducted in NYC. They said they wanted to free up NYC to conduct more interviews by moving the processing and scheduling of interviews to Missouri.

Hope Missouri is indeed faster and you hear back soon.
Thanks for your post...I appreciate your comments and I hope this ends soon...for ALL of us.Good luck!!!

VW bug vs Ferrari

It is now five years since I started this process through an EB1 application. It is funny that a couple of years ago my sister applied for the lottery and won it. She had her permanent green card in her hands within a year. Five years later I am still waiting to see the light at the end of the tunnel... :rolleyes:

Re: VW bug vs Ferrari

It is now five years since I started this process through an EB1 application. It is funny that a couple of years ago my sister applied for the lottery and won it. She had her permanent green card in her hands within a year. Five years later I am still waiting to see the light at the end of the tunnel... :rolleyes:
I really feel sorry for you...but,don't give up!Your day is comming soon!!!!

Hang in there!!

I feel the same.
My RD is also 9/01..... and I am still here.... no one or very few in this Forum has RD prior to mine... I am really depressed, too.

Last week I got my interview letter so should you... we are almost there...

Our turn will come very soon.
Cheer up!!!! :eek:

Tata2003

I asked if you got interview appointment in another thread and I found the answer here. Wish you good luck.

My case was transfered in Jan 04 to 26 Federal Plaza, but in the letter the phone number is (402) 697 - 9155 and it is number for Omaha, Nebraska. Did you get the same number when you receive the transfer notice? Thanks.