New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

Received the Interview letter in mail

Hi Guys,

I received my interview letter in mail yesterday. My interview is scheduled for October 19, 2011 at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City. Good luck to everyone.

Hi Guys,

I received my interview letter in mail yesterday. My interview is scheduled for October 19, 2011 at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City. Good luck to everyone.

we have pretty much similar timeline here. my interview will be on 9/27/11. I have never received yellow letter, only interview letter. do i have to bring some photos with me for interview?

Yay!!! Received my interview letter today and it is scheduled for October 26, 2011 at 11:20 AM (interesting time ;), at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City. Best of luck to everyone!!!!

04/27/2011 - Applied N-400
05/10/2011 - received biometrics notice
05/27/2011 - biometrics done
08/01/2011 - received final interview and oath notice
09/01/2011 - completed interview as well as oath ceremony.
09/16/2011 - applied for passport
09/26/2011 - received passport

Interview experience.. Arrived late bcos of traffic. The interviewer was slightly annoyed because of that. BTW, I was the only one sent to a different floor interview location - donno why.

Interview and oath

Heavy delay this morning on BQE, so took train to 26 federal plaza.
Got there around 9am, didn't get called until 10am, or maybe 9:50.
The IO is very professional and asked for standard things, like tax returns...
At the end, I was told to go to another room for oath letter, his supervisor has to through my appliaction again, to make sure everything is OK.
So waited in another room about 1 hour, and finally got oath letter. (by the way, the waiting room is so samll, and I had to wait outside)
Overall, everything is done by order, just bring all the docs with you and everything will be all right.
Good luck you all!!

done fp , but not email after that

I did my FP on 28th september 2011 and I did not receive any email about being placed in line for interview , anyone on the same boat ?

By the way I called the FBI 4 times and have confirmed that my FP's were readable and sent back to uscis the same day

Also called uscis , spoke to level 2 and he also confirmed that the prints were good

please update

I did my FP on 28th september 2011 and I did not receive any email about being placed in line for interview , anyone on the same boat ?

By the way I called the FBI 4 times and have confirmed that my FP's were readable and sent back to uscis the same day

Also called uscis , spoke to level 2 and he also confirmed that the prints were good

please update

Call USCIS, speak to 2nd level IO, ask if all of your background checks has been completed (unless it has changed I remember from couple of years ago there were 3 or 4 different checks) and ask if you have been placed in line for interview scheduling. If you were not, ask why.

did that already , all checks are completed , he did not specify any reason as to why I was not in line for the interview , he mentioned at this time everything looks good and in order

did that already , all checks are completed , he did not specify any reason as to why I was not in line for the interview , he mentioned at this time everything looks good and in order

So you are not in line for scheduling? I'd call USCIS again and speak to different 2nd level IO or make an infopass appointment.

In 2009 when I was applying and got denied, I had my FP taken and was not placed in Q for Interview.
I called FBI and was told my prints were OK.
Kept calling USCIS 2nd level IO every 7-10 days and asking if my background checks were OK and whether I was in Q for Int.

After 2 or 2,5 months later I landed on an 2nd level IO who was willing to click a mouse and open a sub-menu and actually look at my FP status, I was told that my FP's were rejected, my 2nd FP appointment was not attened and the case was basically stalled and could be labeled as abandoned!
WTF???
FBI said FPs were OK, USCIS kept telling me they were OK for 2,5 month, 2nd FP letter has never been mailed to me (or simply got lost). After that I called FBI and they confirmed FPs were unreadable.

This situation is extreme, I don't belive it's your case. But I'm bringing mine as an example, that $hit like this can happen.

Stay pro-active, that's my only advice.

hope thats not the case with me , I called uscis again and requested to be connecteatn thto a level 2 and the officer confirmed again that the prints were okay

the officer also mentioned that it takes time for the file to reach the do and once they get the file if they have slots they place people in line for interview

I really dont know what to believe and what not to believe.. i am just drained and frustrated with this entire immigration process and just want it to get over.

hope thats not the case with me , I called uscis again and requested to be connecteatn thto a level 2 and the officer confirmed again that the prints were okay

the officer also mentioned that it takes time for the file to reach the do and once they get the file if they have slots they place people in line for interview

I really dont know what to believe and what not to believe.. i am just drained and frustrated with this entire immigration process and just want it to get over.

just found out something interesting

in the NOA there is a number at the bottom of the notice whoch says NBC$ , on replacing $ with a * on that number i see that my case is lined up for the interview , they did that on october 3rd

just found out something interesting

in the NOA there is a number at the bottom of the notice whoch says NBC$ , on replacing $ with a * on that number i see that my case is lined up for the interview , they did that on october 3rd

the nbc$ # in the bottom is your payment receipt, that's why it has $ sign. Your correct case number is nbc* on top of the page

I know that Hudsonvalley , I found a similar post on page 51-52 on this thread , and thats why I tried it out , trying to be optimistic in any way i can BECAUSE I AM TIRED AND FED UP with uscis and cant wait to get this process done with ..

I know that Hudsonvalley , I found a similar post on page 51-52 on this thread , and thats why I tried it out , trying to be optimistic in any way i can BECAUSE I AM TIRED AND FED UP with uscis and cant wait to get this process done with ..

Yeah, NYC DO is haunted.

I took a lot of $rap from them 2 years ago.
This time they only "forgot" to send me a FP letter, had to open a service request. More to come, I'm sure.

FYI they forward your case (docs) only after inerview is scheduled. So you were BSd that it takes couple of days to forward your case, BEFORE they can place you in line for interview.

yeah man I know , I have dealt with them enough and know how they work that's why I am just fed up and want this to be over with

Interview passed!!!!

Hey guys,

I had N-400 interview this morning 9:10 am at the Federal plaza, New york. My wife and I got there around 8:30 am. Waited for maybe around 10 mins. I was called by a middle-aged female officer. She was very professional and polite. The interviewer went over each and each line of the application. Mine was based on 3 years of marriage to a US citizen. The interviewer was glad to see that I had copies of our driver licenses. She commented that she considers that an important evidence for marriage based naturalization application. She approved my case. I waited for about 1 1/2 hours to get the oath letter. My oath ceremony is scheduled for November 18, 2011. Overall it was a great day.:cool: I wish everyone gets a professional officer and a smooth interview. Good luck to everyone. The six civic question asked were:-
1) What happened on sept 11, 2001?
2) What is the name of the US national anthem?
3) What is the rule of law?
4) What is the ocean on the west coast?
5) How old do you have to be to vote?
6) Forgot the last one???

Congrats!

Hey guys,

I had N-400 interview this morning 9:10 am at the Federal plaza, New york. My wife and I got there around 8:30 am. Waited for maybe around 10 mins. I was called by a middle-aged female officer. She was very professional and polite. The interviewer went over each and each line of the application. Mine was based on 3 years of marriage to a US citizen. The interviewer was glad to see that I had copies of our driver licenses. She commented that she considers that an important evidence for marriage based naturalization application. She approved my case. I waited for about 1 1/2 hours to get the oath letter. My oath ceremony is scheduled for November 18, 2011. Overall it was a great day.:cool: I wish everyone gets a professional officer and a smooth interview. Good luck to everyone. The six civic question asked were:-
1) What happened on sept 11, 2001?
2) What is the name of the US national anthem?
3) What is the rule of law?
4) What is the ocean on the west coast?
5) How old do you have to be to vote?
6) Forgot the last one???

Congratulations!!!!! May I ask where your oath ceremony will take place? Westchester County courthouse?