New to forum. First I-129 extension.

spoge

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I am currently on my second TN, and plan to extend it this time through I-129 process. (First time filing I-129).

I read the existing threads but would like to receive clarification on the following:

Part 2.

For question 2 I checked 2b.
Question 3 asks me to give the petition receipt no. if I checked 2b. I don't have any previos petitions. Should I just leave blank, write down the I-94 number, or what?

Question 4, I assume I should leave blank.

Part 4
Question 1 On giving notification to a consulate. If I am present in the US, do I still need to fill this part?

(The phrase "... or a requested extension of stay or change of status cannot be granted, give the U.S. consulate you want notified if this petititon is approved" is throwing me off a bit.)

Question 4 application for replacement/ initial I-94 being filed? What should the answer be?

That's all I have. I know I am new to the forum, but I'd really appreciate if you could share your experience. I'll be sure to report my experience once I conclude my process. Thanks!

Hi Spoge,

I had similar questions when filling my extension recently. I also called USCIS a couple times to confirm that I was answering correctly.

For Part 2, Q3: I was instructed to enter N/A as I had previously processed me TN at the border so that didn't apply. Unfortunately this meant I had to file it by mail instead of e-filing it (The field online didn't accept any non-valid receipt number format at the time. I was told not to 'fake' a number).

For Part 4, Q1: I left it blank

For Q4: I answered no. You haven't lost your I-94 and need a replacement. This also isn't your initial I-94 request.