New NVC cases for Jan 2002

Njie

Are there any new NVC cases created this month.
My case reached NVC on Dec 18,2001. NVC Case # not created yet.
I assume it will be under new rule.

No Title

Just called NVC and confirmed that we\'ll have to undergo new process. NVC will mail PK3 and info by end of Jan. We\'ll have to fill it up and send it back to NVC (to a PO BOX) along with the application fee. NVC will then review the completed application and if satisfied, will forward it to the respective consulate. Consulate will then take over and send PK4 etc.... Looks like atleast an additional 2 months in the schedule of CP.....

I am in the same boat too

I 140 approved Dec3rd VSC EB3. I called up today and they asked me to do the same thing fax them a copy of my approval notice. They said that they would have aresponse for me in 10 days. Have you heard anything

My I-140 approved on Nov\'30th.

My case is not created by NVC. When I talked to the agent today she told me that PKT3 forms are no longer downloadable. We have to wait till the attorney receives the the forms, fill them and send it to NVC office in St Louis along with the fee and required documentation. There is no number we can follow up with St louis. We have to be in touch with the same NVC contact number. Once they verify they will schedule interview and forward the packet to Consulate.

Guys be in touch and keep this thread active

Good luck

SAME BOAT...824 APPROVED DEC6TH

spoke to NVC guy and got the same bad news..
this really sucks after going thro all the crap
with VSC and all..

ARE U SURE THE NEW PROCESS IS FOR INDIA

ARE U GUYS SURE THAT THE NEW PROCESS IS ALSO FOR American consulates in India . I read that there are two types of consulates - ALPHA AND BETA...

MUMBAI,NEW DELHI and CHENNAI were BETA CONSULATES and there is no mention that they have become ALPHA CONSULATES..SO if they are not ALPHA Consulates..how can the process change??

Also , whats the number to contact NVC??and what options needs to be pressed to speak with an INS officer.

Thanks
Shanks

Correct

As per my lawyer, there is no posting on the lawyers official website indicating that consulates in Mumbai are to follow the new procedure. The new procedures have been in place for a long time for countries like China etc.

To the best of my knowledge, we will still continue with the old process. Asking the NVC official is no good as he is going to give the general rule.

But Then.......

Why they are not creating any new cases for Delhi, Mumbai or Chennai folks. My case received in NVC on Dec 18 but no case # created yet. Are you guys sure about these consulates are beta. I read somewhere that India and Vietnam are now included in new process thus becoming Alpha consulates.

BETA and ALPHA consulates

CANIGETgc, where did u read it??
Pass on the info to us...we can forward the same to our lawyers.If you can do that today , it would be great.I am going to have a conference call with my lawyer tomorrow.

Arun, whats ur status..Is ur I-140 approved.
I am trying to find out if we are in the same boat, so that we might be able to speak with our lawyers and help each other.

CANIGETgc,if I-140 was approved on 18th Dec, give 1 week and taking in to consideration the holidays, any time ur case should be created by NVC. Also remember, that the AVM is not updated everyday,so ur case might have been already created and the packet mailed to u/ur lawyer.

Why dont u too check the same with ur lawyer.

Let us sort out this , because people here are making generalised statements which I dont think is applicable to American consulates in India.

Thanks for ur help

No Title

I spoke to the Officer at NVC just now. My case received on 12/21/01. Not yet entered in the comp. She says that it\'ll be done soon and they are working pretty fast on it. She confirmed that it\'ll be the new process and that we have to send the completed forms along with fees to St. Louis, Missouri. From there, the NVC will get the applications. After NVC is satisfied with the completeness, they\'ll forward it to the respective consulates....

WHICH consulate??

INDIA-- Mumbai,Delhi???

If so ,Did u ask her specifically if this is true for american consulates in India??

How do u speak with NVC officer??

WHats the option to select when we want to speak with some one at NVC???

case not created - AD 12/07 EB2

still waiting. NVC officer said they will send P3 before Jan end.