New N-400 Release on 1/22/09. Citation question.

Guest168

Registered Users (C)
USCIS recently released a new N-400 form on 1/22/09. I am not sure what's the difference between the new one and the old one.

But in Part 10. Section D - Good Moral Character.
Question 16. Have you ever been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason? [Yes or No]

If you answered "Yes", complete the following table.
Why, Date (mm/dd/yyyy), Where, Outcome (no charges filed, charges dismissed, jail, probation, etc).

1) From this, it seems like we all have to disclose the ticket even though they are dismissed. Just that we do not need to provide documentation.
2) I have an old ticket which probably was issued more than 5 years ago (probably happened between 2002-2003) but I had no idea the exact year. What can I do? I am in Maryland, where can I find the record?
3) Is Speed Camera considered law enforcement officer?

Thanks for your input & thought.

USCIS recently released a new N-400 form on 1/22/09. I am not sure what's the difference between the new one and the old one.

But in Part 10. Section D - Good Moral Character.
Question 16. Have you ever been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason? [Yes or No]

If you answered "Yes", complete the following table.
Why, Date (mm/dd/yyyy), Where, Outcome (no charges filed, charges dismissed, jail, probation, etc).

1) From this, it seems like we all have to disclose the ticket even though they are dismissed. Just that we do not need to provide documentation.
2) I have an old ticket which probably was issued more than 5 years ago (probably happened between 2002-2003) but I had no idea the exact year. What can I do? I am in Maryland, where can I find the record?
3) Is Speed Camera considered law enforcement officer?

Thanks for your input & thought.

I don't think that part of the form has changed recently. It has been the case for a while that ALL citations etc. must be declared but documentation only provided for ones over $500.

For you missing citation, if you can remember where it was you can contact the court and ask for a copy plus proof of payment. If not just put down an estimated date. Although documentation isn't required, there are sporadic reports here of over-zealous IOs requesting it anyway.

As to whether a speed camera ticket counts or not almost certainly varies from state to state. In some areas these are treated as civil matters whereas in others they may be criminal. Does the ticket give any clue? If it is signed by a law enforcement officer then it is most likely a real citation.