New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
cindytong, What is your PD?

What is the Priority date for NJ SESA ?

Originally posted by cindytong
My case was moved to NY DOL from NJ SESA in Feb, and I have not heard anything from my lawyer either.

Labor Approved

Guys finally the labor got approved from NJ. Long wait but still....

appl date : 1/2002
NJ SESA => NY DOL : 22 dec 2003
RFE : 27th March 2004 (salary query)
Certified : 19 Apr 2004

labor approved

Finally....... labor approved.

PD: Nov 19, 2001
Received query from NJ SESA: 12/22/2004 regarding wages/job position
Replied to NJ SESA:01/24/2004
Received at NY DOL: 02/05/2004
Approved: 04/19/2004.

Good luck guys, see you all in I140/I485 thread........
:) :D :cool:

After Labor, Next Steps.....

Important news affecting the next steps for those nearing the end of their labor phase..

I-140 Will Not Be Processed until I-485 is Ready to Be Processed
In a March 31, 2004 memorandum (Ohata Memo), Fujie Ohata, Director of Service Center Operations, issued instructions to the Service Center Directors regarding certain procedural changes. Under the new procedures, a concurrently filed I-140/I-485 should be adjudicated together. Previously, the I-140 was reviewed on an initial, cursory level simply to identify any clearly frivolous cases. The I-140 was then adjudicated independently, without regard for the processing of the I-485. The cursory, or prima facie, review was performed to avoid improper receipt of the benefits of the I-485 filing, including obtaining an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or Advance Parole (AP). Under this Memo, concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases will be processed and adjudicated simultaneously.
The Ohata Memo states that, even when the I-140 is ready for processing and placed on the 'ready to adjudicate' shelf, it will not be processed unless the I-485 is also ready for adjudication. The I-485 is not ready until the fingerprints and name checks have cleared. Essentially, the I-140 will be held in abeyance until these procedures have been completed in connection with the I-485. This raises significant concerns for the application of AC21 portability. AC21 portability, as interpreted under current USCIS memoranda, requires an approved I-140 and an I-485 that has been pending for 180 days. Thus, delaying the I-140 adjudication until the I-485 can be approved inevitably will curtail the ability to use AC21 portability in most cases under these current USCIS interpretations. Of course, since AC21 is only available for long-delayed cases, if the new process speeds adjudications to within a six-month period, AC21 portability is not an available option. While we would certainly favor case adjudications within fewer than 180 days, current processing times are approximately two to five times this timeframe. Thus, this may not be a realistic goal, at least in the near future.

Need Info on Query

Hi Friends,
I got to know from my lawyer today that they got the query on Prevailing Wage from NY Regional .
Could you guys explain me what are the possibilities and how much time it is going to take to get that clear again.
I am not sure what is prevailing wage query and what should I say as the rate right now to labour dept, as 2 yrs back when I filed for NJ labour that job market and everything was good , but now the things are totally changed.
Could you guys explain me in detail what are the possibilities and how much should be OK if my lawyer re-files with new wage,
I think they are going to put around 70K now, is that ok or again I am going to get queried or any problems ?

PD NJ Labor. Jan 24 2002
Moved to NY Regional : Jan 2004
Query regarding Prevailing wage : 21 Apr 2004

Thanks .
witty

need suggestion

Hi Guys,
Just found out from my lawyer that the prevailing wage as determined by NY DOL is 80K and it was written in my case as 70K. Please guide or tell me your experiences as are there any possibilities for my Labur to get cleared ?
What are the options I have?

It appears that some cases whose PD was Jan 2002 were moved to NY DOL in Jan 2004. So can we assume that NJ SESA has started reviewing cases filed in Feb and/or Mar 02?

NY DOL do they process labers depends on DOT CODE or wage bases or sequential filing date ?? coz...still few guys May 01 labers not moved to regional

prevailing wage

Hey Witty,
Do post your experience (and the information you collect) in this thread.
Who else had this problem ?
-SVD

hi SVD,
I am also waiting here to know about others having similiar situation and how did they get over it. It is so bad for me that after waiting for almost 2.5 yrs , i am again in the same waiting loop though.
I hope some other senior members will post something which will help me to know what could happen in such cases.

Re: Prevailing wag

Hi Witty,
IT is not a big deal. All you have to wit is for an other month and you should be through. Some of my friends had the same query. All you have to do is company has to agree to give you 80k and post an internal adv. and you should be through. Hang on....

I have applied on feb 18 th 2002 still waiting...........

Good luck

Originally posted by witty1976
hi SVD,
I am also waiting here to know about others having similiar situation and how did they get over it. It is so bad for me that after waiting for almost 2.5 yrs , i am again in the same waiting loop though.
I hope some other senior members will post something which will help me to know what could happen in such cases.

Prevailing wage

What if the company does not agree to increase the salary ?
Is there any other way ?

Gurus,

Can a approved labor cert be transferred to a H4 holder for future employment GC?

Any input is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.