New issue in taking biometrics after I485 Approval notice

kdlee

Registered Users (C)
There are some errors or issues in new I485 approval notice

I received I485 Approval Notice from USCIS on Aug. 24, 2005.

According to this approval notice, I should call 1-800xxx number to make an appointment (I received an appointment number) and go to ASC to have my biometrics taken. But, ASC in Dallas, TX is not willing to take any biometric without an appointment letter. The appointment number I received was useless. (I think persons in ASC are not cooperating with USCIS.)

So, something is very wrong now. :mad: If you have had similar experience, please let me know. Or any advice please.

Here is the text of the approval notice I got.

Notice Type: Approval Notice
Section: Adjustment as direct beneficiary of immigrant petition
COA: E17

Text: "In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of our Application Support Centers to have some additional biometrics (fingerprint, photo and signature) taken. Call customer service at 1.800.375.5283 to schedule your appointment. ....

It is important that you schedule your appointment. We cannot complete certain steps in processing until you appear for this appointment. You must appear for your appointment within 84 days from the date on this notice.

What to bring to your appointment"

hmmm...

But INFOPASS won't allow you to schedule an appointment with ASC??? or am i missing something?

Sure you can. This is what happend to me, I first called the number on the approval notice, they would not give me an appointment for 2 months (Charlotte, NC). Through Infopass I got an appointment the next day at Charleston, SC.

When did you get the actual card? How long after the appointment?
From your comments it seems that it does not matter if you call or go through info pass? I am reading it right? Thanks!

Appointment Letter waiting

Hi,
I had similar experiece, I called and made appointment I went to ASC (walkin with the Conf#) before my appointment date. They told They can not accept without appoitment letter.
I called again the 1800# and they were telling I don't appointment. THey cannot trace by conf# it seems. She made one more appointment (again date is forwarded) told to go same day walkin without appoitment letter.

One more thing, I read some where in the thread that we cannot make InfoPass Appoinemnt for this , we have to call 1800 # to get appointment letter other wise cases will go store room...some thing like

Hi hkky, after your appoinment with infopass and biometric taken did you received your card yet????

Still Confused, what to do.....

Thanks
Prospect_GC

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the appointment Sept 13, LUD Sep 21, card order sept 22. I expect to receive the card next week.

RAK67 said:
When did you get the actual card? How long after the appointment?
From your comments it seems that it does not matter if you call or go through info pass? I am reading it right? Thanks!

Yeap, as far as I can tell. The guy stamped my passport told that was the last step to get the physical card.

INFOPASS sends you appointment letter?

Hi, HKKY,

Does INFOPASS send you the appointment letter?
And where did you go, ASC or local district office?
Someone told me to go to a local district office to check.

Infopass appointment is printed on your printer when you make the appointment. I do not know if charleston is asc or district office. If you logon to infopass there is an option specific to I551 processing so you can't go wrong.

seperate appointment for spouse or not??

Do my spouse and I need to make two separate infopass appointments to get passport stamped/biometrics?

thanks in advance

The rep. told me if the letter says "call for appointment", than don't use infopass. They need that specific confirmation # to issue the card.

cheng16e said:
Do my spouse and I need to make two separate infopass appointments to get passport stamped/biometrics?

thanks in advance

I made one appointment. The online appointment software has a switch to let you select number of persons.

RAK67 said:
The rep. told me if the letter says "call for appointment", than don't use infopass. They need that specific confirmation # to issue the card.

There is no problem with infopass. I got my card today.

kdlee said:
There are some errors or issues in new I485 approval notice

I received I485 Approval Notice from USCIS on Aug. 24, 2005.

According to this approval notice, I should call 1-800xxx number to make an appointment (I received an appointment number) and go to ASC to have my biometrics taken. But, ASC in Dallas, TX is not willing to take any biometric without an appointment letter. The appointment number I received was useless. (I think persons in ASC are not cooperating with USCIS.)

So, something is very wrong now. :mad: If you have had similar experience, please let me know. Or any advice please.

Here is the text of the approval notice I got.

Notice Type: Approval Notice
Section: Adjustment as direct beneficiary of immigrant petition
COA: E17

Text: "In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of our Application Support Centers to have some additional biometrics (fingerprint, photo and signature) taken. Call customer service at 1.800.375.5283 to schedule your appointment. ....

It is important that you schedule your appointment. We cannot complete certain steps in processing until you appear for this appointment. You must appear for your appointment within 84 days from the date on this notice.

What to bring to your appointment"
Could you please make one thing clear to us: Biomet. centers and INS (USCIS) is, in most of the cities are located in two different places, when you took the appnt. on phone, on which office they directed you to go, local INS office or Biomet center? I know in Biomet center you have to have the hard copy of appontment letter with bar code embaded onto that, when they will scan that bar code, their comupter system gets activated with full of your informations on screen. In absence of that letter I dont know how they will pull out all required informations, this could be one of the reason why they denied many people who visited with ref/ confirmation numbers only. Please double check every thing, and keep us updated.{its all my personal experience, not a legal advice}Good Luck

Had my biometrics taken

Last week, I went to South Dallas ASC with an approval notice and an appointment confirmation number which I got when I called 1-800 number. And they refused to take my biometrics.

After reviewing the feedback here, I just tried again this morning. I dropped by ASC and asked to meet supervisor and explained what happened last week. And, the supervisor agreed on taking my biometrics. All I need was the approval notice at this time. They did not even ask me about the appointment confirmation number or letter. So, I guess all green at this time.

So, if you had the same experience, try again. I guess everyone is confused and the process seems to be depending on who is at the gate.

Good luck guys.