New Delhi experience - OCt 20 Intv. date

rseth123

Registered Users (C)
Guys!!!

Thanks to all you!!

Did my medicals from Appolo on 15th Oct. Charges were Rs.1450.00 per candidate + vaccination charges ( Rs.150 in my case). Received report on 3rd day because I was having enough time for my interview.

No surprises at embassy, they asked for all the things listed in P4 + copy of 2003 W2.

Namecheck: Guys from what I learned from the counslar officer is that Namecheck is not a random process. Lets take an example of my case. My wife went to India on 13th Sep and they ran the namecheck on sameday,. So for 20th Oct interview, namecheck was not required for my wife but in my case I started my trip on 14th oct i.e. almost a month from 13th Sep, so they have to run the check for me.

In NewDelhi if you start pursuing the counclar office after 4th or 5th day then they expedite the process ( that's my guess).

POE : LA on 6th Nov. Got I-551 stamp on our passport, valid for one yr.

Anyone has POE exp. from LA.... Please suggest how long it takes to receive the actual card????

Please post list of docs

PLease post of the detailed list of docs asked at the consulate
it will be extremely helpful for people next in line.

/S

Does calling them or email get you earlier interview date as when I called the Consulate a very funny guy told me that interviews are scheduled once a month that is in 3rd week to the month

I don't know if that is correct

I believe thats correct, they finalize the scheduling in the last week of the month and between last and first week they answer emails with the dates and it gets published on the web on 10-12th of the month
person who works inside chennai consulate confirmed this for me.

/S

Thanks everyone.

r_sada
Here is the list of documents
1. DS 230 I and II.
2. PCC ( for you and each member of your family).
3. Medicals ( In my case from Appolo)
4. Demand Draft
5. Notarised Employement Letter
6. Valid Passport
7. I 134 ( not required but I submitted it).
8. Copy of W2

sachingp
Sachin there is no rule of setting the interview date in 3rd week. Sometimes calling embassy works.

Alren:

Thanks!! Namecheck theory is that embassy randomly runs namecheck or maybe they do as and when new case arrives.

E.g. Embassy ran the name check on Oct 20th and someone left US, for his/her immigrant visa interview on the same date then that person doesnot require name check.

Alren for my wife , do I need to go to SSN for her SSN or it comes automatically with the card?

Hmm! I don't think that I buy into the theory. I think it is consistent based on the article Raju posted sometime back. I don't think that it;s anything to do with when U left US ...

For some people it does (not with the card though) , for some people it does not (like me)

I am not too sure either but the officer at the embassy told me that for my wife he is not running the namecheck and has given me the reason which I mentioned.

Alren, what happens if my wife goes to SSN office and apply for SSN?

alren said:
Hmm! I don't think that I buy into the theory. I think it is consistent based on the article Raju posted sometime back. I don't think that it;s anything to do with when U left US ...

For some people it does (not with the card though) , for some people it does not (like me)

I think after a couple of weeks of DOE, the system should be updated, so she can approach the SSA office to apply for SSN.

No personal exp. though, it's been almost 4 mos. but lazy to go to SSA office.

Regarding namecheck, the officer who interviewed me told me the following:

The name check must be done everytime a person leaves the country. I left the country on 19th Oct. and interview was on 27th Oct. The officer said that last time name check was done for me in June (or was it July?). Since I left USA after that, a name check must be done for me. I am not sure why a namecheck was done on me in June/July. Seems namecheck is a part of P3 processing as well.

In case or rseth, I believe they must have done namecheck on him and his wife after 13th sept and before 14th Oct. Hence his wife was ok (as she did not leave USA after that) but they needed to do namecheck on rseth (he flied on 14th Oct).

user55

user55,

the case was pretty much the revese for me. Though my name first as well as last is pretty rare, so the combination is even more rare ... so I must have escaped the name check.

May be name check as part of P3 review by NVC. Any thoughts? Is name check done for children as well.

Thanks...

Spelling different in Father's name in Docs

My father's name is misspelt in my Passport and my birth certificate.
I have sent my P3 filling it as it appears in the passport
I do not remember , but I might have used the correct spelling in earlier docs during labour / I-140.

Would there be an issue ? How can I resolve it ?

Thanks.