New CSC I-140 TRACKER(only)

VSC has approved I=140 filed in March, 2002

Someone lucky person has got approval for I-140 filed in the First Week of March in VSC.

Good Luck.

Processing Dates

Mine is filed under EB-2 / RIR. Which one from the following, is my category?

I-140 A&B E1-E2 03/11/02
I-140 C E1- 3 03/04/02
I-140 D E2 - 1 01/25/02
I-140 E E - 3 03/06/02
I-140 G EW - 3 03/08/02

I-140 filed on April 12th, RD 04/15/02, ND 04/15/02

"INS recently indicated that all pending and future petitions and applications, except N-400s, are being subjected to a new security check. The INS is unable to tell us at this time to what degree this process is expected to delay adjudications. The Service has also advised that it will not be implementing premium processing for I-140 petitions at this time" --> I guess the process of I-140 will slow down substantially... :-(

Are you referencing to "Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act of 2002" (H.R.

If you meant the following news wired on 04/19/02:
http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/91...df4aa3565015796685256ba00073314a?OpenDocument

I didn\'t see anything specific to the immigrant applications. The report mentions mostly increasing the border security, and increased screening on non-immigrant visas like F, M, J or B visas. Obviously it may cause delays if some INS workforce (doing immigrant visas) gets shifted to the new security check stuff. This new security bill has just been passed to the House, and is being expected to be signed by the President within several weeks. So it shouldn\'t be holding off anything now, right?

Regards...

It is going to affect everything except naturalization at INS.

Refer to the new processing time, you will see that there was almost no movement in any of the cases that INS is processing. Remember those old days, that I140 could take more than a year. Maybe that is where we are going now... :-(

Stiiiiiiiiiil waiting :((

Hi,
EB3, ND-Jan 24, still wainting for AD. My attorney told me that we need to fax for a status inquiry. It is anybody in the same situation? Am I allowed to call the INS? What should I do in this situation? Pleeeeeeeeese help.....

Delay due to new security check procedures.

May 1, 2002 - Due to new security check procedures for visa petitions, possible delays of up to a month can be expected in processing, according to representatives from the Immigration and Naturalization Service\'s Vermont Service Center (VSC). Premium processing cases, which involve an additional $1,000 fee for faster processing of H-1B and other matters, will also be impacted by possible security checks. According to INS, these cases will continue to be adjudicated within 15 days. However, in the event of a security check "hit", the 15-day clock will stop until the security investigation has been completed. The INS VSC representatives further confirmed that they intend to notify Premium Processing applicants in the event the case requires additional investigation.

On a related note, INS advises that all individuals should provide full middle names, not just middle initials, with all applications. According to AILA, INS reported that failure to list the full name could result in processing time delay, as INS will need to request the missing information.

Source: American Immigration Lawyer\'s Association (AILA InfoNet)

How many people actually come to this thread?

It seems that there are not many people coming to this thread... Is it because there are not many cases filed, or that few people come to this thread now?

No Title

Partly because some people can not post information on this board in the past few months, somehow. I have been experiencing this problem (couldn\'t post) until today.
Anyway, does anyone know what kind of premium process it mentioned above? I heard 140 premium process has not started yet and will not happen in any short time.

That is correct!

- INS recently indicated that all pending and future petitions and applications, except N-400s, are being subjected to a new security check. The INS is unable to tell us at this time to what degree this process is expected to delay adjudications. ****** The Service has also advised that it will NOT be implementing premium processing for I-140 petitions at this time.****** INS stated that the existing premium processing program will not be delayed by these new security checks unless there is a security "hit."

AVM

somehow, I could NOT get through the CSC INS telephone, anyone knows what time is the best time call them?
Thanks

from Los Angeles Time

Paper Tear-Up Snafu Hits INS Facility
The Immigration and Naturalization Service is investigating allegations that documents mailed to the agency\'s massive processing center in Orange County may have been improperly shredded by a database contractor working for the INS. The agency has ... more

Approved

My I-140 was approved on May 14th.My details are:

RD:March 7th 02.
AD: May 14th 02.

EB-3 RIR LCsubstitution.

Congrats and thanks for posting your message.

Its very pleasant to finally see some approvals on this board after
long time.....

Congrats 140User

Yes Vtg, It is good news after a long time. Mine is
RD & ND 03.11.02 EB3, so it should be anytime.