New Canadian PRs visiting US for a short while

raju_v

Hi,
My sister, brother-in-law and their son just landed in Toronto on 7/22. They wanted to come stay with me here in California for two weeks starting next week, before returning to Toronto. I understand that since they hold Indian passports, they do not need a visa to come to the US. My question is: will there be any problems at the POE when they return to Canada ? Would the Canadian authorities query as to why they went to the US so soon after landing ? Is there any paper work they should prepare (RRP ?) ? Please help, since I have already bought their tickets for travel to and fro to the US.
Thanks in advance to all responses !
- Raju

Info

from what I have heard, they should not have any problems as long as they have documents that prove their Canadian PR, like SIN card, health insurance card, etc. To be safe, they should also have their appt lease (if they have one) or some kind of preeof of residence.

Thast should be it.

No Title

Border officials in US have instructed to follow 6 month rule. What it means that any landing immigrants of Canada and citizens of Commonwealth Contry who have less than 6 months residency in Canada might be asked for more documents(like payroll, apartment lease paper, car tittle) before they allow to enter in United States.
Most of the officers use their discretion to follow this rule.
In short have them some kind of documents to prove that they are living in Canada. SIN card, medical card does not prove that they are still living in Canada.

Thanks Canediann

Thanks, Canediann - this is good info.. I don\'t think that they have enough time to show the papers you mentioned (lease papers, car title, etc) . They are currently putting up at some friends place as paying guests. Since I bought return tickets for them, would that suffice at the US border ? I hope so.

No Title

what was the purpose of landing in Canada? is this an employment related to visit to the US or just to meet you? if it\'s the latter then why the hurry, the basic procedures of becoming an immigrant should be completed specially for folks plannin\' to settle in Canada, it\'s fine if you have a job in the states \'n you visit Canada for a day or two for the landing procedures, any way no biggy ask \'em to be truthful of their intentions \'n they should be fine.