• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Nepal embassy announced 7% limit hit

Yeah ! I saw it on facebook.
And according to he data I doubt, that they reached the usual 377xx like iran last year.
Unless if there was lots of interview abroad, and AOS as well.
I guess we will find out on the 1st on january.

Hey Simon,

How are u man?

can u provide us with an updated CEAC for Asia, just to check how many visa were issued for Nepal.

Hey Rafik - yeah the very same thought had occurred to me. I'll post it here in an hour or two tops. Just back from gym and need to get to work....

In Chisinau, Rep of Moldova, they canceled today the interviews for the persons that came into the Embassy already... They said it is the first time they face this issue and there is nothing they can do... Ot was not me personaly, but a guy i know from another forum...

If someone understands russian, there you go:

ВНИМАНИЕ СРОЧНАЯ НОВОСТЬ!!!

Привет всем, сегодня 21 августа в 14:00 пошел на интервью в Кишиневе, нвс там было примерно 20 человек. Мы сидели долго приблизительно 45 минут, потом выходит девушка молдаванка и говорит нам: "У нас для вас неприятные новости, визы категории DV закончились, мы очень сожалеем о таком случившимся, такое у нас происходит первый раз, чтобы люди пришли на интервью. и им тут говорят, что визы закончились."

Google Translate says this

"WARNING breaking news !!!

Hello everyone, today August 21 at 14:00 went to the interview in Chisinau, the NAF there was about 20 people. We sat for a long time about 45 minutes, then goes Moldavian girl and tells us: "We have bad news for you, DV visas run out, we are very sorry about this happened, so we have going on for the first time that people came to the interview. Them and here say that the visa had run out. "

It is probably the same thing that other embassies have been saying for a while now - visas are in very short supply so people who were not allocated visas already (AP cases, people who moved dates etc) are finding things getting tough.

In Chisinau, Rep of Moldova, they canceled today the interviews for the persons that came into the Embassy already... They said it is the first time they face this issue and there is nothing they can do... Ot was not me personaly, but a guy i know from another forum...

If someone understands russian, there you go:

ВНИМАНИЕ СРОЧНАЯ НОВОСТЬ!!!

Привет всем, сегодня 21 августа в 14:00 пошел на интервью в Кишиневе, нвс там было примерно 20 человек. Мы сидели долго приблизительно 45 минут, потом выходит девушка молдаванка и говорит нам: "У нас для вас неприятные новости, визы категории DV закончились, мы очень сожалеем о таком случившимся, такое у нас происходит первый раз, чтобы люди пришли на интервью. и им тут говорят, что визы закончились."
We had rumor from all over the wold same this !!!!
From china, paris.....
So since its not officially published I would say the visas are still available...
I believe that the ones on APs are toast for EU, and there is no possible rescheduling for late comers.

Here is the CEAC data for AS region taken just a short time ago.

KDU embassy showing 3252 visas issued. 76 on AP and 253 on Ready. It looks like they have slammed the door on some AP cases and there are some ready cases with interviews over the last couple of weeks that may get updated to issued. I'm guessing that Nepal will have exceeded 3500 because on top of the 3252 there will be adjustment of status cases and Nepalese cases processed outside of Nepal. There will also be some Nepal embassy cases that are foreigners, but I imagine more Nepalese are processed abroad than foreigners processed in Nepal.

http://goo.gl/SdX3me

KDU embassy showing 3252 visas issued. 76 on AP and 253 on Ready. It looks like they have slammed the door on some AP cases and there are some ready cases with interviews over the last couple of weeks that may get updated to issued. I'm guessing that Nepal will have exceeded 3500 because on top of the 3252 there will be adjustment of status cases and Nepalese cases processed outside of Nepal. There will also be some Nepal embassy cases that are foreigners, but I imagine more Nepalese are processed abroad than foreigners processed in Nepal.

Permission to publish on nepalese face book?

Thanks simon,
I bet you they slamed break nepal cases at 35xx. May be its to give more chances to the ROA. And the Nacara didn't rescue the 9500 to 10000 CN range. And I bargain on it from all my heart.

The CDF thats applied on special countries, makes it so unfair at the end for all the selectees.

Also I want to point out that you were damn right about the response rate in DV14, your latest data confirms it terribly.

Thanks simon,
I bet you they slamed break nepal cases at 35xx. May be its to give more chances to the ROA. And the Nacara didn't rescue the 9500 to 10000 CN range. And I bargain on it from all my heart.

The CDF thats applied on special countries, makes it so unfair at the end for all the selectees.

Also I want to point out that you were damn right about the response rate in DV14, your latest data confirms it terribly.

It will be a while before we know how many (if any) of the NACARA visas they allowed the process to use. It appears that they are still playing very conservative so we will probably only end up at about the same as DV2013. It is sad about Nepal, so many missed out there - but that is the same story the world over. In a sense, Nepal is a victim of its own success. It didn't need the 6k selectees to max out and, sadly, it does not need the whole 5k selected in DV2015 either. Again, that is entirely predictable - all they have to do is look at the DV2013 numbers.

It will be a while before we know how many (if any) of the NACARA visas they allowed the process to use. It appears that they are still playing very conservative so we will probably only end up at about the same as DV2013. It is sad about Nepal, so many missed out there - but that is the same story the world over. In a sense, Nepal is a victim of its own success. It didn't need the 6k selectees to max out and, sadly, it does not need the whole 5k selected in DV2015 either. Again, that is entirely predictable - all they have to do is look at the DV2013 numbers.
simon, how do we know that they will use NACARA? or the only way to know is the summary at the end of DV 2014?

as for this news, what is the fate of ROA? i got a friend having had the interview this week, but he needed to furnish a police record, which should be available in a week or two. i guess he is on AP now and was told to bring tge document in as soon as he has it. will the visa still reserved for him or has it already been reallocated?

simon, how do we know that they will use NACARA? or the only way to know is the summary at the end of DV 2014?

as for this news, what is the fate of ROA? i got a friend having had the interview this week, but he needed to furnish a police record, which should be available in a week or two. i guess he is on AP now and was told to bring tge document in as soon as he has it. will the visa still reserved for him or has it already been reallocated?

Well anytime they go over 50k they are "using" NACARA. They did that in 2010, 2011 and 2013 (http://travel.state.gov/content/dam...013AnnualReport/FY13AnnualReport-TableVII.pdf) - so it is pretty sure they will do it again in 2014. So the question is not IF they will use NACARA visas, it is how many of the NACARA visas they will allow DV to use - and that - we won't know until we see the yearly summary.

For your friend he should move heaven and earth to get the police report back to the embassy before the end of the month. That is because I believe the issued/AP/rejections need to be accounted for back to KCC at the end of each month. fter that is is highly likely that the visa allocated to him will be back in the pool and he will need to be re-allocated a new one.

In general I don't think AS region is too bad - as you can see the current issued number is quite well below what we expected it to reach (9 - 9.5k) - so even if he knows he can't make 8/31, he should get it back asap and keep his fingers crossed.

thanks for the info, simon. i will let my friend know but i doubt he can get it by the end of this month. by the way, he is doing CP.

hopefully, they will allow as many NACARA as needed for everyone still in the process. my sister is doing AOS and current in sept, and she is still waiting for the interview letter! she contacted the congressmen and the staff took care of it the same day (sending her case to her FO). she is so stressed now after having read the news here and there about visa running out. i doubt not many AOS for the sept cohort as i have not heard anyone asking or reporting in the forum at all.

thanks for the info, simon. i will let my friend know but i doubt he can get it by the end of this month. by the way, he is doing CP.

hopefully, they will allow as many NACARA as needed for everyone still in the process. my sister is doing AOS and current in sept, and she is still waiting for the interview letter! she contacted the congressmen and the staff took care of it the same day (sending her case to her FO). she is so stressed now after having read the news here and there about visa running out. i doubt not many AOS for the sept cohort as i have not heard anyone asking or reporting in the forum at all.

Yep when we talk about police certificates that means CP.

For your sister she can do more than just waiting/Congressperson route. She should be lining up infopass appointments and go and nag the FO into action. This is no time to wait politely!

Yep when we talk about police certificates that means CP.

For your sister she can do more than just waiting/Congressperson route. She should be lining up infopass appointments and go and nag the FO into action. This is no time to wait politely!
actually she just cancelled her today's infopass and made another one on sept 3. we both thought that she would have received the same info she had gathered on the phone. her DV file had been sent to FO on aug 4, so i am not sure what else she can nag them for. just in case the letter doesnt arrive by sept 3, what else should she ask them during the infopass? i hope that by having an infopass on the month she is current, she may have a chance to get the interview on the same day just like someone reported in a while ago.

thanks simon for any pointers how to nag them.

I think the main thing is to help them "check" all the boxes - i.e. make sure all the pieces are done. I posted on the AOS thread about that in the link below - so make sure you are looking in to all of that - and if the only thing remaining is the interview then I think it is absolutely appropriate to ask them what is stopping the interview. Mind you - as SF demonstrated - you can have all the logic and rules on your side and they will still stick by their decisions - perhaps just to show that they are in charge....

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2014-aos-only-new-thread.10/page-73#post-2354609

Reactions: CWH
I think the main thing is to help them "check" all the boxes - i.e. make sure all the pieces are done. I posted on the AOS thread about that in the link below - so make sure you are looking in to all of that - and if the only thing remaining is the interview then I think it is absolutely appropriate to ask them what is stopping the interview. Mind you - as SF demonstrated - you can have all the logic and rules on your side and they will still stick by their decisions - perhaps just to show that they are in charge....

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2014-aos-only-new-thread.10/page-73#post-2354609
i saved that checklist. true that some staff like to play power game but it's we who end up losing :( i will make sure my sister makes a persistent but humble move. thanks so much simon. i wish you the best for your interview on sept 2 :)

Hi Simon, if I get my visa for the DV-2014 it's possible that I give my 2015 CN to Rafik?

Heypossible
Hey Rafik - yeah the very same thought had occurred to me. I'll post it here in an hour or two tops. Just back from gym and need to get to work....

k - yeah the very same thought had occurred to me. I'll post it here in an hour or two tops. Just back from gym and need to get to work....

Last edited: