Need to know if I-94 expired in march can we travel and return with AP

Ashok Rai

Registered Users (C)
I am working on my EAD and I485 filed a year back just got my 2nd AP.I wish to know if my family can travel to India as the I94 was valid till march this year. I didnot renew my H1 status but continued to work on EAD.
At present wife has EAD and AP. Can she travel and return with I485 receipt and AP,will their be a problem on returnas she has no h4 visa.
I also had applied for a h1 transfer in another service centerbefore filing my my I485. Later on I continued with my first employer and filed for GC.I did receive my second H1 with new I 94 attached, which expires next yearbut I didnot join the company.Will there be a problem when giving the first I94 which expired in March and a problem to re enter with AP.
Appreciate your replies.

No Title

Yes. Since you are using EAD, you are no loger on H-1. Ypu do not need a "valid" I-94 to exit.

No Title

My suggestion is either get AP and use it or get your visa stamped from the Dept of State, Washington DC. The stamping at washington,DC should take 1-2 months. Your expired I-94 should not be a problem as long as you have a new H1-B work permit. The H1-B approval has new I-94 attached at the bottom.

No Title

Thanks for the replies. I didnot apply for extension of H1Binstead I chose to work on EAD with my GC employer.15 months back during a period of uncertainity I did get another H1 visa and a new I94 attached at the bottom,but I didnot join the company hence I believe that visa is of no use now to me.I also think that I cannot give that I94.I stuck on with my first employer and filed my I485 exactly a year back and continuing on EAD.Hence I am concerned about travelling with AP &EAD when I94 has expired.