Need to file N400 ..did not maintain legal residence

mymottoislife

Registered Users (C)
Need to file N400 ..did not maintain physical residence

Hi,

I got my green card in Dec'2004 and I need to file N400 next month.

I have travelled overseas many times for more than 3 months but less than 6 months. Whenever I went out of the USA, I vacated my rental property and forwarded mails to friends home(s). Some times I did not changed address on AR11/License.

What address should I put in my address history?
any suggestions/experiences are welcome..

Thanks in advance..

Last edited by a moderator:
Your AR-11 supose to be in your A-File and also all the possible application and petition you have ever filled for anything. I suggest get copy of your A-File and look what you have in there before any other action.I am assuming that you meet all the continuse residency requirements and trying to put correct information on N-400.Keep in mind that USACIS has access to all your entry and exit record and if you are trying to hide anything due to continuse residency, They are able to find out probably in matter of few click.
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Entry has nothing to do with the residency, also AR-11 is a joke: disregard it.

Entry has nothing to do with the residency, also AR-11 is a joke: disregard it.

I beg to differ on AR11 and it has purpose that's why it was there in first place

also he or she has to maintain permanent address at least 3 month prior to N-400 and 30 months in past 5 years is a must

What kind of a purpose does it have? Thanks.

Failure to report a change of address is punishable by fine or imprisonment or removal - that what the law says

I 'am done with topic as It is no longer relevant to original request