need to file 485..H1 extn filed on May 11th,CSC says wait time is 45 days..!!

StressTestInUSA

Registered Users (C)
Hi all..!!

there is always something to crop up for us..

We filed for H1 extn on May 10th and haven't recieved the H1 reciept notice. H1 expired on May 18th 2007. However H4 reciepts came in the mail around May 24th. Called CSC ..they say these days the H1 reciept notices are taking 45 days wait time : (

Attorney says we need to show that we are in lawful presence etc while filing 485..!!

anyone in similar situation..? pls post as to what we can do..

everything goes perfect timing for us..!!

Hi all..!!

there is always something to crop up for us..

We filed for H1 extn on May 10th and haven't recieved the H1 reciept notice. H1 expired on May 18th 2007. However H4 reciepts came in the mail around May 24th. Called CSC ..
they say these days the H1 reciept notices are taking 45 days wait time : (
------yes at this time reciept notice takes time
Attorney says we need to show that we are in lawful presence etc while filing 485..!!
--------------- if you sent fee check then if the fee check is cashed then you can find the H1 extension filing reciept # back side of the check and then go to USCIS online status punch that H1 extension filing reciept # and take the print out from online status and attach with I-485. your lawyer can explain on cover letter Or wait few days. I-485 filing last date for your PD is not over it has some time to file I-485. it is your mistake that you filed H1 extension only 10 days before H1 expiry date and one CAN file extension 6 months advence of I-94 expiry date
anyone in similar situation..? pls post as to what we can do..
---others will post
everything goes perfect timing for us..!!

-------------

thanks Ginnu for the response..

trust me..since last Oct we r spending $$ like water for these immigration stuff as unfortunately the company's doesn't sponsor a penny for us.(we have 2H1's and 2 i140's..)

we filed 1 i140 in Oct..another H1 extn in Jan...2nd i140 in Feb end..sort of relaxed..filed for 2nd H1 extn in May 10th..May 15th bulletin came out..May end premium processed the 2nd i140..luckily it got approved..!!

now this bombshell...will tell the attorney to draft a letter with the front and back of the check copy and file 485 as a proof..

anymore ideas pls suggest guys...

thanks Ginnu for the response..

trust me..since last Oct we r spending $$ like water for these immigration stuff as unfortunately the company's doesn't sponsor a penny for us.(we have 2H1's and 2 i140's..)

we filed 1 i140 in Oct..another H1 extn in Jan...2nd i140 in Feb end..sort of relaxed..filed for 2nd H1 extn in May 10th..May 15th bulletin came out..May end premium processed the 2nd i140..luckily it got approved..!!

now this bombshell...will tell the attorney to draft a letter with the front and back of the check copy and file 485 as a proof..
-------------- you will notice reciept# back side of check then punch the reciept on USCIS Online status and take printout and attach that printout with your I-485 (that also works)
anymore ideas pls suggest guys...

------------

... and in the worst case, if the I-485 is filed less than 180 days after the original I-94 has expired, then you don't even need the receipt notices. 245k.