Need some help on GC filing

ImFreak

Registered Users (C)
Hi
  I\'m planning to start my GC processing through the company that I\'m working for (they asked me to take the respobilities of the fees and the processing) I\'m ready to pay for the processing and the GC fees, does any one know how much is it going to cost me. The market also really scares me (I work as a permenant employee in a good computer development company which has offices in US, Korea and japan and is really doing good) if I spend the money now and if the company laid me off after an year or so what will happen to my GC status, Actually i saw a thread in this site (on FAQ section) which said that the GC can be processed by another company (this is a labour contract for future) and i can work for another company (with a H1b on their name) i spoke with my company about that they said they dont bother to continue the GC throught their company even if they laid me off, Is there any hold on processing the GC (After they fired me and i went back to india or joined another company), i\'m really confused, can some one help me understand the process and please suggest some good lawyers in NJ or NY for GC processing. Any kind of information is welcome, Thank you in advance.

Sathish
satanani@hotmail.com

No Title

If you dont\' qualify for NIW, which means you have to go through the Labour Cetification process, then I suggest you hire a lawyer to do your case. As per know, it is going to cost you between $5000 and $6000 to finish the whole GC process. Of course, it varies from law firm to law firm. I\'m just giving you an idea. The first stage is goona cost around $3000. If you qualify for NIW, then you could try self-petition which costs much much less and you don\'t have to go through LC process.