• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Need Security Clearance From Washington DC

Tawhid

Registered Users (C)
Dear All
I have completed my DV-2006 visa intervew at end of the May 2006. They said your interview was successfull & your visa was initialy approved but we are enable to give you visa for the following two reason.
1. Washington DC Security Clearance
2. Fingerprint check

They will inform me, when they will get those two. They also infomed me that it's required undefinite time to complete above check.

Here is my following questions:
1. Whether will i get the Visa or not
2. When will they probably informed me
3. What can i do for this time

Please suggest me what will i do?

I am wishing everyone best luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Security Clearance

My friend Tawhid,

I really can underestand your situation, as security check is like nightmere. But pls. keep in mind that it will be cleared. Regarding your question as far as I know,

1- Security Check: It will normally takes between 4-6 week. But it also depends where you come from , your job and etc. Ours took about 11 weeks :eek: (quite long time). Our interview was in March and our clearance came in early June. So, do not worry, you still have time till 30th of September.

2- Fingerprint Check: It won't take long time (approx.48 hours). It will be sent to the authorized department through computer network. So, the main delay is becasue of the FBI name check.

The best thing that you can do now, is to calm down be relax and have contact with your related embassy as they are the only source who can send follow up for Washington if it takes long time. Remind them about your case regularly.

Wish you the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello tawhid. I am from BD. My sister had to undergo security clearance check.

Don't worry, this doesn't mean they're against you or something. Due to recent rise of religious terrorism, they are performing this check on many/most of the interviewees from Bangladesh.

The clearance check should not take more than 4-6 weeks as Bahar said but don't lose heart if it takes longer.

So this means you are successful at last. Congratulations!!

I read in some of your posts that you had problems with the spelling of your name. What questions did you face in the interview regarding that?

5 Months Of Security Check

I Am Waiting Exactly 5 Months.
And Still Nothing.
Security Check Is Not Completed.
Sic

:d

Now Im okay after read the comments
Im from egypt & now up six months passed, waiting the clearance, yeah im very worried, hope to get it & hope to all too .

interview

l also went for an interview on 20 may bt they said they were not goin to issue the visa until they got a medical examination so l went the following wk for the exam and it took only 2wks for me to get the visa nw am waitin for my trabvelling dates bt l still hve qs coz l presented bank statements wiv lotsa of money but l no longer hve the money so am afraid wat they will say @ the port of entry coz l used the money to buy tickets and the like so am in depression please do help wat do u think is gonna be the outcome