Need Help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtg10312

Hi,

I was brought here illegaly when I was 4 yrs old, I'm 22 now. I live with my boyfriend who was born here and we have 2 kids. If I get married how long would it take for me to fix my status?? also I have worked, would that have a negative affect if I apply for my papers?? :confused:

Hi,

I was brought here illegaly when I was 4 yrs old, I'm 22 now. I live with my boyfriend who was born here and we have 2 kids. If I get married how long would it take for me to fix my status?? also I have worked, would that have a negative affect if I apply for my papers?? :confused:

HI, just to be clear, did you came illegaly? did your parents brought you here with a visa then you overstay? could you clear that please! that's vey improtant to know...

Last edited by a moderator:
I EWI, yes illegaly with no visa

I am sorry to tell you this, but there slim chances you can adjust status through your husband, unless you conusult an attorney....

If your husband file a petition for you I-130, you will be required to go to your origin country and do consular process.. BUT I believe you will be banned to come back again for several years...

If the USCIS *DOESN'T* know you are here now... you might try leaving (sneaking out) the country and coming back in via inspection. Then you can file for AoS and won't have a problem. Before you make any moves, I would, in your case, definitely consult an attorney right away. What I just said may not be viable for your situation. Tell an attorney all of your details and then he can suggest the proper course of action. If you file, you could be in danger of being deported.

Where are you from, how did you get here and where are your parents right now?

If you entered without inspection you are SOL!

Another member giving all the negatives, give some real advise and do not put fear into people who are already stressed out. Like bbqchickenrobot said, please contact an attorney first, before sneaking out the country or any of that mess, by the way, make that a couple of good attorney's, also make sure they are not trying to get money out of you, do your research. When you get your answers come back and let us know what they said. So maybe next time instead of someone saying you are "SOL" we can give an informative and educated answer.

Another member giving all the negatives, give some real advise and do not put fear into people who are already stressed out.

Unfortunately, someone who entered without inspection and is now subject to the 10-year re-entry bar (as this poster appears to be) has pretty much no options available to them to legalize their status, married to a US citizen or not.

You are correct that she should seek competent legal representation, but there are things that an attorney simply cannot fix.

Unfortunately, someone who entered without inspection and is now subject to the 10-year re-entry bar (as this poster appears to be) has pretty much no options available to them to legalize their status, married to a US citizen or not.

You are correct that she should seek competent legal representation, but there are things that an attorney simply cannot fix.

And yes that is true, but their are ways to give information and not to. By the way their are a few members in this forum that have been in forum for more than a year and are freely giving their “educated advice”, and that's fine, but they sometimes come across condescending, rude and perfect. People did not come here to be judged or have stones thrown at them. The difference in they way you explain the situation and the way the other person did, it was day and night, but the same meaning. Me personally I would rather here it coming from you.

i-601 waiver might help you. But only if you can prove extreme and extraordinary hardship on your US spouse.

Really sorry to hear all this.

You need to talk to not one lawyer, but a few. The first consultations are free.

Then make "an average" of their answers and you should have an idea of what to do.

Why do you need to see many lawyers? Because some lawyers will say everything is okay and not really invest themselves in a complicated case, but don't forget, they always get paid (by you) wether it works or not.

Here, do not look automatically for cheap, but look for good lawyers.

Hope you make it.

IF Your BF/ Fiance is USC you may be able to have him file a petiotn for you but you would first have to return to your home country and do the process through consular filing.

The best advice is to go to an attorney for an initial consulatation.
Just because you have children does not mean you will be granted AOS.

Your parents did not help your situation by bringing you here illegally, and you remaining here for 18 years illegally also does not help matters.

Good luck get legal advice!

DO NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY UNTIL YOU HAVE TALKED TO LAWYERS.

From what I heard even if you come here legally and go out of status more than 180 days you will not be allowed to come back here for 3 to 10 years even if your USC husband files for you.

So make sure you talk to a few lawyers before you make your move.

Good luck.

And yes that is true, but their are ways to give information and not to. By the way their are a few members in this forum that have been in forum for more than a year and are freely giving their “educated advice”, and that's fine, but they sometimes come across condescending, rude and perfect. People did not come here to be judged or have stones thrown at them. The difference in they way you explain the situation and the way the other person did, it was day and night, but the same meaning. Me personally I would rather here it coming from you.

If someone had responded to a question I submitted like that(telling me i'm sol),oh best believe my response would have gotten me banned from this site.The old folks say it all the time,if you DONT have anything nice to say, then DONT say ANYTHING.Nobody is forcing you to answer these questions!!!...To the original poster,like some of the other members have advised,seek a compitent attorney.And if it was me,I would try to get one that only practices immigration law,they seem to be more thorough in my opinion.Good luck to you.

Amen!!! Members, take a look at some of the threads and some of the response some of the certain members leave and you would not fault me for pointing this problem out. You will know them, they have an answer to every question asked, great. But they talk like their (s) crap don't stink.. I understand some people do not think before posting their question, but as they say so question is ever to stupid to ask.

If you entered without inspection you are SOL!

That's all you are going to say?You don't state why this person is "sol",what is going to likely happen?Nothing!Humor me please,what was the purpose of you writing this,other than to kill this persons hopes?Because it's not informative at all.

If the USCIS *DOESN'T* know you are here now... you might try leaving (sneaking out) the country and coming back in via inspection. Then you can file for AoS and won't have a problem.

and how would she explain the appearance of two USC children born in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.