Need help with Asylum "nunc pro tunc"

LEEYA28

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I had already posted a thread concerning this case and hope to get some more help. I became a derivative asylee through my dad in 1998, I file dor a green card (I admit, later than I should have) and received a letter about a month ago, stating that I need to file "nunc pro tunc" in order to get a green card. My dad went back in 2003 and the country is no longer at war. I had asked around including this forum to see if the fact that my dad had went back to my country and the country was at peace, would be a problem and if I needed a lawyer. Most of the responses were positive and that I didn't need a lawyer, however I met with a lawyer today just to be sure. She didn't seem like she had that much experence with "nunc pro tunc " and said that the fac that my dad had went back and that the country was peaceful, would be a problem. Also I was under the impression that I didn't have to argue a case for myself and that immigration would just use my dad's story for me as well, but she said that I would have to apply all over again and present a case for myself. Also when applying do I have to fill out the application and explain why I don't feel safe going back, or do I just staple the original approval letter to the application ?