Need Help to fill DS-230 form

Originally posted by gc_for_67
Gurus please help me on this!

Q: #13 - Which address I need to fill in ( US or India)

Thanks!

The address where you are living now, where ever it is!

Yes. Unless you specifically request for sending P-4 to a different address.

If you want to receive P4 to your local address, you need to let consulate know immediately after they have recieved your case.

I have notified my local address after consulate has posted the interview dates. I got a reply form consulate saying that they have already posted the packet to my USA address and they will not send again. They have asked me to print the e-mail they have sent and keep it as proof for medicals and also for entry on interview date.

Thanks,
Puliraju

Thanks Puliraju.

Please give your advice on this.

Q: #10 Permanent Address

Before interview and after interview if I change my residence address What are the consequences I may face?

Thanks

I concur with Puliraju about the earlier question.

About the permanent address part:

From experience in the forum I have seen that you have to
be careful in filling the address in Item # 10.

It is best if you can give an address and stay there till you reciive
your plastic cards.

If you change the address between the interview and receiving
of cards, I think you have to intimate the change to the concerned.

Research this issue in the forum. May be you will find some first hand accounts.

Raju

Hi All,

I spoke to an operator today regarding Q#13 and she told me, I can put my Indian address as for present address.

I don't know how far she is right!!

Thanks!

Originally posted by gc_for_67
Hi All,

I spoke to an operator today regarding Q#13 and she told me, I can put my Indian address as for present address.

I don't know how far she is right!!

Thanks!

I think there is no harm or danger in stating so, as long as you
can live with the fact that you are actually living in US and signing and dating it!

Question on Item 13

Hi Cpers,

My question goes for Ds-230 Item 13: Is it OK to put a non US address and at the same time place a US home phone number,
or should I write down the phone number that belongs to the non-US address.

Thanks! :)

Airetupal

DS 230

Go to MSN.com

Enter the string 'Fillable DS-230', and hit the button 'Search'.

You get a load of sites offering fillable forms. But note, you would
need the full version of Adobe acrobat to be able to fill these
pdf forms. Otherwise you would need to fill them with hand

Raju

Re: Question on Item 13

Originally posted by Airetupal
Hi Cpers,

My question goes for Ds-230 Item 13: Is it OK to put a non US address and at the same time place a US home phone number,
or should I write down the phone number that belongs to the non-US address.

Thanks! :)

Airetupal

Why do you want to do that?

Normally the phone number should belong to the address.
This is because some of the carriers ( couriers like FedEx have
a box for destination phone number).

But you may not be questioned on this, because the consulate
may not be using this number at all, when they send the packet 4
through the local courier services ( speed post etc. )

Raju

Re: Re: Question on Item 13

Why do you want to do that?

Since I'm using adobe to fill up the forms, this field is preformatted to accept 3 digits area code. If I'm writing an international code it will have "1" plus the country code plus the area code. Basically is a form question. I will use a typewriter!! thanks :)

Re: question 10, 13, 20 & 25

Hi,

Got problem for quesiton 10,13, 20 & 25. For question 10, 13, is it the address that Package 4 and GC will be sent to? For question 20, should I list all detail cities that i stayed over 6 months since age of 16? Or I just briefly list the cites that I ever stayed longer time. For question 25, if i came to study and work in US and never visited US before I came to study, should I say "never"?

Thanks!

mlin144

Does everyone get a DS3032 form?

I have been working with an immigration lawyer throughout the green card process, and the I-140 noitice was sent to the lawyer. Do I still receive the DS3032 form from NVC or is that form optional?

If I know I will receive it, can I proactively send it to NVC before they have registered my case?

neverendingstory,

I have been working with an immigration lawyer throughout the green card process, and the I-140 noitice was sent to the lawyer. Do I still receive the DS3032 form from NVC or is that form optional?

?The next step is for NVC to send the fee invoice to the contact person on record-viz your attorney. Once the fee is received by StLouis, you will get form DS230 I. DS3032 was the old version.

If I know I will receive it, can I proactively send it to NVC before they have registered my case

No, you can't; Reason being, you need to send the forms with the barcoded facesheet that NVC sends with the blank forms.

Thank you

Thank you for the information.

BTW, I just checked NVC, and they have already assigned a case number.

I-140 AD: April 28
NVC Case # created: May 5

7 days, including weekend.

Re: Re: question 10, 13, 20 & 25

Originally posted by mlin144
Hi,

Got problem for quesiton 10,13, 20 & 25. For question 10, 13, is it the address that Package 4 and GC will be sent to? For question 20, should I list all detail cities that i stayed over 6 months since age of 16? Or I just briefly list the cites that I ever stayed longer time. For question 25, if i came to study and work in US and never visited US before I came to study, should I say "never"?

Thanks!

mlin144

Item# 10: Permanent address in US/Your current address
if that is the only address you have.

Item # 11: List the address only it it differes from Item # 10.

Item # 13: Normally your current address and can be the same
as the one given in # 10.

(OR) you can also use this to put your address in India to receive
the Packet 4.

Item # 20: Be very careful about filling this. See that there are
no gaps in the history of residence.

Item # 25: Same as above. Start with your first visit to US, and
from there list all periods of stay, the city and state and the
type of visa and the visa number. Include your stay as a student. Add a sheet if necessary.

Raju

Question on Item 25

Hi all

I have ready all the history for Item # 25. My guess is I will get Packet 3 anytime now and it is very probable I have to go abroad. What if I have to go abroad after packet 3 has been sent? My guess is this won't matter at all but I want to be absolutelly shure... :)

Thanks

Airetupal

Re: Question on Item 25

Originally posted by Airetupal
Hi all

I have ready all the history for Item # 25. My guess is I will get Packet 3 anytime now and it is very probable I have to go abroad. What if I have to go abroad after packet 3 has been sent? My guess is this won't matter at all but I want to be absolutelly shure... :)

Thanks

Airetupal

What good is my or any other member's surity to you?

You are free to travel. The process does not impose any restrictions on you.

Raju