Need Help: Stamping Issue, I485 Approved...!

souman_gc

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

My I-485 got approved on June30th, 2004. I got a courtesy copy of approval notice and the main notice is sent to my Lawyer’s office. I asked my lawyer he told that he got my approval as well. But, he does not live near to me. Due to vacation problem, I am not getting time to go and collect it.

Question:
Can I appear to the USCIS local office with my courtesy copy of I485 approval notice and all other necessary main copies?

Please write in detail if anyone got the same experience already.

Gurus, please advice ASAP. I am planning to go to local USCIS office within 2 days.

Thanks,

souman_gc said:
Question:
Can I appear to the USCIS local office with my courtesy copy of I485 approval notice and all other necessary main copies?

yes, courtesy copy is good enough.

You are in much better shape than me - my case was approved on 7/6/04 but as of today I havent got the approval notice yet.

I am planning to make an wild attempt to go for stamping with the printout from the case status online and all other documents. It has been suggested in another thread. At least for few hours wait I would know if is it possible..

Somebody with similar experience??

souman_gc said:
Gurus,

My I-485 got approved on June30th, 2004. I got a courtesy copy of approval notice and the main notice is sent to my Lawyer’s office. I asked my lawyer he told that he got my approval as well. But, he does not live near to me. Due to vacation problem, I am not getting time to go and collect it.

Question:

Please write in detail if anyone got the same experience already.

Gurus, please advice ASAP. I am planning to go to local USCIS office within 2 days.

Thanks,