Need help or any suggestion

fy1981

Hi all
I was arrested in 2004 for driving with a suspended license and received a ticket for it. however i missed my court date and ended by turning myself to the police department for not showing up to my court date. so i was arrested and detained for couple hours till they gave me another court date to attend. After that I hired a lawyer so I can get help. the judge ordered me to pay a 365$ fine and one year probation (in 2004). What do I need to do so I can apply for my citizen. :)
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is the only arrest on your record and you have otherwise met the requirements for naturalization found in the guide, you can start thinking about applying now. I don't see the need to wait at least 5 years since your last arrest before your should apply.

www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Thank you

Thanks, I will take a step forward to apply for my citizenship. It's the only arrest I got in my record now do i have to mention the date and place and what exactly happened in the arrest and the court. Do i have to send any paper or proof? plz let me know thank you

I love this furom :)

Thanks, I will take a step forward to apply for my citizenship. It's the only arrest I got in my record now do i have to mention the date and place and what exactly happened in the arrest and the court. Do i have to send any paper or proof? plz let me know thank you

I love this furom :)

On the N-400 application you disclose that you have been arrested. At the interview, you provide the court documents leading to the arrest as well as the charges and penalty that resulted.

On the N-400 application you disclose that you have been arrested. At the interview, you provide the court documents leading to the arrest as well as the charges and penalty that resulted.

i have a question too if you got a ticket before interview about the expired vaccination of the dog then i ddnt tell them is my application was denied