Need help for no objection waiver

blacknissan

Registered Users (C)
I recieved NO OBJECTION wavier of J1 R from the Department of State..

I had a couple of questions and concerns

Appreciate some help

1. Once approved by the Department of state is there a possibility of rejection from BCIS

2. What is the time taken for the BCIS to give a wavier in these circumstances, my service center is texas.

My notice of action says 150-200 days is that accurate or should take less for no objection waviers

3. when should i apply for H1B my department is ready to sponsor that..

Thanks
Shah

Blacknissan,

First of all, you haven't received a waiver from DOS. You received a recommendation for a waiver. To answer you questions:

1. In theory is could be rejected by BCIS even with DOS recommendation. But I don't think it happens.
2. Texas takes long time. Two of my friends had to wait about 10 months for the waivers.
3. You can apply for H1B right away. You just have to attach DOS recommendations. You'll get H1B visa after your waiver will be approved by BCIS.

By the way: could you please let me know what was your timeline (how long you waited for case number and then for the recommendation). Thanks,

Szymon

It was a no-objection based waiver in both cases. They were in the same situation as you - transfering from J-1 to H1B.

Szymon